Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 34 Sheldon Clark 13
Okay, let's try this again and please keep it on topic and discuss this like adults!!! Smile

PLEASE!!!! :worthy:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Lol..........

How was the play from stepp tonight? Was the cardinals trying to be a throwing team when there strength lies within the running game?

Could someone pls get me the Win/loss Stats for Belfy vs Sc for the past 10 years?
bucslover will probably be able to tell you those stats as soon as he gets on here....

The passing game for SC was to me..... not all that hot... A LOT of passes not caught, intercepted, or just not on... I have no clue as to their passing so far this season but tonight it wasn't on....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol..........

How was the play from stepp tonight? Was the cardinals trying to be a throwing team when there strength lies within the running game?

Could someone pls get me the Win/loss Stats for Belfy vs Sc for the past 10 years?

I do not know the totals of the last ten years, but Sheldon Clark won one game during that time. That was in 2006. Belfry is 19-3 all-time against the Cards. SC won in 1982, 1998, and 2006.
Stepp didn't complete a pass to a SC player tonight. Completed 2 to Corey Charles.
phs1986 Wrote:bucslover will probably be able to tell you those stats as soon as he gets on here....

The passing game for SC was to me..... not all that hot... A LOT of passes not caught, intercepted, or just not on... I have no clue as to their passing so far this season but tonight it wasn't on....

Thanks.

bucslover68 Wrote:I do not know the totals of the last ten years, but Sheldon Clark won one game during that time. That was in 2006. Belfry is 19-3 all-time against the Cards. SC won in 1982, 1998, and 2006.

Thanks.......
Belfry0304 Wrote:Stepp didn't complete a pass to a SC player tonight. Completed 2 to Corey Charles.

Lol,.......this made me think of mike hartline........... but how many attempts?
Sheldon Clark came out strong and scored first and then turnovers started... I love my cardinal team to death but now we gotta do something next week with pike central.
Congrats Belfry
Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys missing more than a few games over the incident. Hopefully someone (in a mannerable/mature fashion) can get us suspension info,
As I said in the other thread... no matter who didn't end up playing I am not sure it really mattered when all was said and done. Belfry' defense was on point tonight and SC locked up. I mentioned in the talk lading up to the game about how SC plays tight against Belfry and it happened again this year. SC approaches this game as if it is the State Championship and get way too pumped up, this ultimately leads to mental errors and fumbles and an emotional letdown while Belfry stays even keeled. This is probably the 4th or 5th time in this series that Belfry has blown the game open in what should be a very close, competitive game. IMO it is not just a Hager thing either...the Cards had similar problems under Matney.

Until SC can "act like they have been there before" this will continue to plague them and Belfry will continue to prove it is not "Sheldon Clark's Year". Truth be told, if these teams somehow meet again in November I think it will look like two completely different teams. If SC can play loose they have all the talent and size needed to knock off Belfry, but as long as they come out ready to take on the Indianapolis Colts, Belfry will continue to make the plays and get the lucky bounces that winning teams always seem to make.

There is no such thing as luck, it is when opportunity meets preparedness...that's why the best teams seem to be the luckiest.
well as usuall this game is always hyped like its going to be the game of the year.and the way it started it looked we were going to get our moneys worth.but once coach Haywood settled in to his game plan ,the Pirate ship set sail and the rest is history.congrats to Pirates
Stepp was 1-12. Belfry rushed 52 times for 273 yards. SC rushed 21 for 106. 72 of those yards was by Mikie Moore, who ran 72 yards for a score on the third play from scrimmage. BTW, i hate he got hurt. He is a heck of a player. Tyler Williams was 3-4 for 20 yards and 2 TD passes to Morgan Bentley. Other rushing stats for Belfry. Varney 18-59, Williams 1-57, Maynard 11-75, Carroll 14-65, and Runyon 5-12. SC had 5 turnovers. They lost fumbles on 3 consecutive plays in the first half. Stepp was picked twice. Belfry had 3 fumbles in the second half. Gary Runyon led the charge on defense for Belfry. He had a forced fumble and a fumble recovery and Corey Charles had two interceptions.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As I said in the other thread... no matter who didn't end up playing I am not sure it really mattered when all was said and done. Belfry' defense was on point tonight and SC locked up. I mentioned in the talk lading up to the game about how SC plays tight against Belfry and it happened again this year. SC approaches this game as if it is the State Championship and get way too pumped up, this ultimately leads to mental errors and fumbles and an emotional letdown while Belfry stays even keeled. This is probably the 4th or 5th time in this series that Belfry has blown the game open in what should be a very close, competitive game. IMO it is not just a Hager thing either...the Cards had similar problems under Matney.

Your completely correct. I graduated from SC last year and it seemed like everytime we would have a pep rally to get the players pumped we would lose
bucslover68 Wrote:Stepp was 1-12. Belfry rushed 52 times for 273 yards. SC rushed 21 for 106. 72 of those yards was by Mikie Moore, who ran 72 yards for a score on the third play from scrimmage. BTW, i hate he got hurt. He is a heck of a player. Tyler Williams was 3-4 for 20 yards and 2 TD passes to Morgan Bentley. Other rushing stats for Belfry. Varney 18-59, Williams 1-57, Maynard 11-75, Carroll 14-65, and Runyon 5-12. SC had 5 turnovers. They lost fumbles on 3 consecutive plays in the first half. Stepp was picked twice. Belfry had 3 fumbles in the second half. Gary Runyon led the charge on defense for Belfry. He had a forced fumble and a fumble recovery and Corey Charles had two interceptions.

Thanks. Turnover proned game
Anyone get the rule on that field goal spot there? I'm just curious. I thought it was supposed to be spotted where the holder had his knee down. A guy sitting next to me in the stands said that if it doesn't go into the endzone it's a live ball... which would mean that SC has a chance to pick it up and run it in which is why the ball was dead where it went out of bounds and is why they spotted it where they did... The referee didn't really offer an explanation to anyone... I would just like to know what the rule is.
Pirate Wrote:Anyone get the rule on that field goal spot there? I'm just curious. I thought it was supposed to be spotted where the holder had his knee down. A guy sitting next to me in the stands said that if it doesn't go into the endzone it's a live ball... which would mean that SC has a chance to pick it up and run it in which is why the ball was dead where it went out of bounds and is why they spotted it where they did... The referee didn't really offer an explanation to anyone... I would just like to know what the rule is.

Me 2, Whats the rule and not someones opinion
gotta love those pirates. we are really proud of all you guys and the way you played as a team. really impressed with tyler's run. sorry that t lovern didn't get to play tonight. congrats to coaching staff on the good job of bringing this team together. think this should end all the hype of belfry being a weak team. go pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your completely correct. I graduated from SC last year and it seemed like everytime we would have a pep rally to get the players pumped we would lose

Every time we have a pep rally at Belfry it seems like its the exact opposite.
The guy told you correct.
I am not sure of the rule...but two videos have circulated recently where games were won because a Kick was missed and the live ball came in effect... 1) Kid picks up the ball and spikes it down after kick is missed and runs off the field to celebrate, the ball stays in play and the other team scoops and scores. 2) In Michigan a field goal is blocked and it rolls down to the 5 as time expires...both teams leave the field except for one player who picks it up and runs it in for the winning TD.

Plus I think we all remember the Cowboys Nate Newton play against Miami on Thanksgiving some years back.
Pirate Wrote:Anyone get the rule on that field goal spot there? I'm just curious. I thought it was supposed to be spotted where the holder had his knee down. A guy sitting next to me in the stands said that if it doesn't go into the endzone it's a live ball... which would mean that SC has a chance to pick it up and run it in which is why the ball was dead where it went out of bounds and is why they spotted it where they did... The referee didn't really offer an explanation to anyone... I would just like to know what the rule is.

Good questions. I know if the ball does not go past the line of scrimmage it is live, but to the naked eye it just looked funny to me that they would spot it at the 7 because that would really punish the team getting the ball after the miss.
Wow, the starch sure got taken out of this thread. Almost as dull as the second half of the game.
bucslover68 Wrote:Wow, the starch sure got taken out of this thread. Almost as dull as the second half of the game.

All the little teenies went to bed.
bucslover68 Wrote:Wow, the starch sure got taken out of this thread. Almost as dull as the second half of the game.

Everyone went to sleep lol, it had what 100 post in about 20 minutes>?
Yes the field goal thing confused me in the game as i thought we should have got the ball where it was kicked from. But on a side note i want to apologize on behave of the Cardinal fan base, we have a few bad apples on here don't think we are all like that.
I am going to make one comment about the altercation just because I didn't get in on the first thread. No one should ever be proud of a fight. No one should be blamed. Responsibility lies on both sides. That being said, we made the comment that the team who could compose themselves the best and play football had a big advantage. Belfry did that and took advantage of a short field in the second quarter to take a big lead.
Congrats Pirates.
Well I predicted the score of the game right, just had the teams wrong. This was by far the most physical I have seen this young Belfry team play all year, maybe they are growing up. EKU I couldn't agree more about SC seemingly getting to "HYPE". It happened to my pirate team when I was in school and we played P'burg we were so pumped up for the game that the first small thing that went wrong the air was gone out of us. On a side not i was a bit disgusted @ the game, felt like I was @ a matewan game ( those on pond creek should know what I mean by that) Good win Pirates.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Yes the field goal thing confused me in the game as i thought we should have got the ball where it was kicked from. But on a side note i want to apologize on behave of the Cardinal fan base, we have a few bad apples on here don't think we are all like that.

I appreciate the apology, but I do not think it is needed. Emotion is a powerful tool and it has overwhelmed us all at times. I think we should just leave it with, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." I really think the Cards need to do a couple of things to right their ship. First, they need to get healthy. Second, they need to decide who they are. Are they gonna line up and run two tight, or one tight and, one wide wishbone, or are they gonna be 4 wide spread? They do not seem to be consistent enough in the passing game to throw it too much. I think with their size and talent, that if they get healthy, then they can line up and run it at a lot of people and then capitalize on the play-action in the passing game. Come playoff time, they may need to control the clock against a better opponent. Also, stick to your guns. If Hager truly trusts his team, then do not abandon the game plan at the first sign of adversity.