•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Wrong with Paintsville?
Redneck Wrote::Thumbs: You're exactly right. Back in our day, everybody hung out eachother. Got together on the weekends in the offseason and played sandlot ball, from the time we were in elem. school. Rain or shine, snow and cold, didn't matter. Just don't see that anymore. Alot of people say that Coach Kinner doesn't connect with his players, maybe so IDK, but the players don't connect with eachother and that IMO is a key ingredient. There was a reason (other than the fact his was darn good) Chas Harmon threw for 2,500 yards his senior year. All of us recievers knew what the other was gonna do as well as Chas, we all had that connection with eachother.

You hit the nail on the head. I think Kinner connects with the players maybe to well and the lost respect for them. But kids these days aren't friends like we all used to be. I remember Chas's senior year and all those boys were close.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:You hit the nail on the head. I think Kinner connects with the players maybe to well and the lost respect for them. But kids these days aren't friends like we all used to be. I remember Chas's senior year and all those boys were close.
There is in my opinion,no connection whatsoever between anyone or thing in this program. Players,coaches ,assistant coaches,adninistration,fans and etc.
To be sure,there is no chemistry between players and coach. If you disagree with this opinion just start talking with these guys.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:There is in my opinion,no connection whatsoever between anyone or thing in this program. Players,coaches ,assistant coaches,adninistration,fans and etc.
To be sure,there is no chemistry between players and coach. If you disagree with this opinion just start talking with these guys.

P.S> "For Love Of The Game" and the Tigers,old #14 is through on this thread.
I can not believe this thread has gone on so long! Look around, the city of Paintsville is drying up and the school system is getting smaller every year. You can not have a competive program if you do not have the players and in numbers. The door is about closed on the Paintsville School system and you wonder why their football program is not competitive. Do not blame the coaches players or fans, look around at what is going on.
DALE Wrote:That made absolutely no sense at all. As rifle said, they are lacking talent in the skills position and just about everywhere else. One reason the talent in the skills area may have dropped off was due to the loss of Joe Chirico to Prestonsburg. That man knew the game like no one else and was fun to be around. Not only was he a valuable asset to the defensive side but to the offensive side as well.
Well, you run Coaches Jim Tom Allen and Joe Chirico off to Prestonsburg because they arent "PAINTSVILLE PEOPLE" and then Coach Donnie Ray out of of town because he made the kids work hard and he wasnt " Paintsville" neither. If your looking for some TIGER football answers......look no further!!!!!!!!!
GOLDFISH115 Wrote:Well, you run Coaches Jim Tom Allen and Joe Chirico off to Prestonsburg because they arent "PAINTSVILLE PEOPLE" and then Coach Donnie Ray out of of town because he made the kids work hard and he wasnt " Paintsville" neither. If your looking for some TIGER football answers......look no further!!!!!!!!!
Jason is a hometown boy and I remember him when he was in elementary school and growing up. How much more rope will Paintsville give him? Charlie Weis has ties to Notre Dame but they cut him loose. If Kinner can't contend for a district title in the next two seasons I think he would have to be put on the chopping block. Agree or disagree?
Kiffin Wrote:Jason is a hometown boy and I remember him when he was in elementary school and growing up. How much more rope will Paintsville give him? Charlie Weis has ties to Notre Dame but they cut him loose. If Kinner can't contend for a district title in the next two seasons I think he would have to be put on the chopping block. Agree or disagree?

Agree.
GOLDFISH115 Wrote:Well, you run Coaches Jim Tom Allen and Joe Chirico off to Prestonsburg because they arent "PAINTSVILLE PEOPLE" and then Coach Donnie Ray out of of town because he made the kids work hard and he wasnt " Paintsville" neither. If your looking for some TIGER football answers......look no further!!!!!!!!!

They did run Coach Allen off, and myself bein a Paintsville Football alum, I didn't agree with it. They DID NOT run Coach Chirico off, he left on his own and went to Pburg with Coach Allen because they are best friends. And they DIDN'T run Donnie Ray off for makin the kids work hard, they let him go because of his language.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:They did run Coach Allen off, and myself bein a Paintsville Football alum, I didn't agree with it. They DID NOT run Coach Chirico off, he left on his own and went to Pburg with Coach Allen because they are best friends. And they DIDN'T run Donnie Ray off for makin the kids work hard, they let him go because of his language.

I agree to a point with you. Because they ran off Coach Allen did they "Paintsville" not set the precedent for what it takes to keep you job at paintsville? And if I'm not mistaken isn't Kinner 2 year record worse than Jim Toms. You are right though Joe left on his own accord. Donnie Ray well I will not comment on that other thn to say he is a good coach very knowledgeable line coach. Did he belong at paintsville NO he not the kind of coach that fits in there.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)