Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands' Collinsworth to visit UK
Picking between Cincinnati and Kentucky would be a hard decision.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
He's only going to get faster in college, what do some of you guys think, that he'll never trim that time down after getting into a college lifting and conditioning system?
He has not decided yet. Here is an article that discusses him as a person and as a player that I found a link to on Highlands' website:

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/956767..._Container
tradition Wrote:His mom was a cheerleader there, his Grandfather played Basketball for Adolph Rupp.

Awesome info, didn't know either.
Duke45 Wrote:He has not decided yet. Here is an article that discusses him as a person and as a player that I found a link to on Highlands' website:

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/956767..._Container

That was a nice article, thanks for sharing. The Collinsworths are a very nice family and Austin definitely has a motor that doesnt stop. I hope he can finish out the season strong and get his 3rd ring.

If he chooses UK I definitely think it will be great for in-state recruiting.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He's only going to get faster in college, what do some of you guys think, that he'll never trim that time down after getting into a college lifting and conditioning system?

Now that is a good question. You have to think his father has spent the money to get him a good speed coach. I am sure the time could drop but I am not sure how much it is going to drop. If it was another player I would completely agree. I was under the impression also his father was not exactly a blazer speed wise. Remember Jerry Rice "only" ran a 4.7 or so along with Emmit Smith. You can gain a tenth or a sec or so with good technique.
I saw him at the Kentucky game the other day. He looks like a pure athlete.
23abmk(kmba32) Wrote:I saw him at the Kentucky game the other day. He looks like a pure athlete.

How can you tell a kid is a pure athlete by watching him standing on the side lines or sitting in a seat? I would say if you did not know him, that he looks on the skinny side and would not guess him to be an athlete.
He seems to me to be on the skinny side as well. Rivals.com has him as 6'0 178 lbs.
He certainly isnt rocked up like some HS athletes but I can assure you he has put on probably 10lbs of muscle since last season. He has a thicker neck and bigger chest for sure. He is minimum 6'1 because I have stood next to him and I am 6'2. I would guess 190lbs is a good weight. It doesnt matter, this is an outstanding size for a HS back and when he gets to college and they put him on a strength program he will get even bigger. I can see him at 6'1 200lbs in college as a SS or RB.
sstack Wrote:How can you tell a kid is a pure athlete by watching him standing on the side lines or sitting in a seat? I would say if you did not know him, that he looks on the skinny side and would not guess him to be an athlete.

He may look skinny, but you can definitely see all of his muscle. If I saw him without knowing who he was, I would probably think that he's an athlete due the muscle tone throughout his body.

As far as height, he is pretty short compared to other players. When ever I've stood next to him, he's usually about my height (6'1" or so).