Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands' Collinsworth to visit UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jeff Drummond of the Cats Pause reported tonight that Highlands running back, Austin Collinsworth will visit UK this Saturday to see the Cats take on his father’s alma mater.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Jeff Drummond of the Cats Pause reported tonight that Highlands running back, Austin Collinsworth will visit UK this Saturday to see the Cats upset his father’s alma mater.

I fixed your post :1:
Belfry0304 Wrote:I fixed your post :1:

:Thumbs:
Great news! He would be a great addition to the team.
I'd love to see AC stay in Kentucky, but I can easily see him head across the river to join the Bearcats
He might be a great addition to UK but he would be a better addition to Louisville. Come to UofL Austin!
Signed,
A Bluebird football alumni
Stardust Wrote:I'd love to see AC stay in Kentucky, but I can easily see him head across the river to join the Bearcats

I actually am of the school of thought that UK is the only school he is really interested in in terms of a "traditional university". I think UK's biggest competition is Stanford, Vandy, or Harvard,,, schools with noted academic prowess.
Getting Collinsworth would be a great addition to the Wildcats
AC going to UK to become a Wildcat would be just great. :rockon:
UK would be my first choice and then it would be Vandy. I think he wants to play in the SEC like pops and is looking for a quality education and Vandy is the Harvard of the South.
That will indeed be a heated battle to get him.
qryche11 Wrote:UK would be my first choice and then it would be Vandy. I think he wants to play in the SEC like pops and is looking for a quality education and Vandy is the Harvard of the South.

I thought Centre was the Harvard of the South.:biggrin:
kypecos Wrote:He might be a great addition to UK but he would be a better addition to Louisville. Come to UofL Austin!
Signed,
A Bluebird football alumni

:Clap: that would be nice!!!!
tradition Wrote:I thought Centre was the Harvard of the South.:biggrin:

Maybe the Harvard of KY. Great school but not in Nashvegas like Vandy
I was on my way home from work and heard on the cats pause rundown show that UK is looking at collinsworth and may get him and either use him as a safety or slot reciever but they really liked him compared him to Jacob Tamme and Dicky Lyons Jr but with out as much speed as Dicky
I hope so but not sure it will come true. UK is my first choice though.
He visited the Florida game this Saturday, but don't take that in that he has made up his mind. UK is in the running, but may not be his top choice. This is an extremely intelligent young man. No knock on UK from an education background, but AC may well choose a better known academic school. There are other threads on here that has already been discussing AC and his list of college choices, which UK is one of many. He is heavily recruited by D1 schools and the offers will continue to mount. I don't see AC making this decision just based on the Football program. If that was the case, he has better options than UK. UK is close to home and there is a lot of family tradition at the school.
Rivals.com had Collinsworth as only running a 4.7 forty. Surely they made a mistake on that. You cannot play safety in the SEC or many other conferences with that speed or lack there of.
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Rivals.com had Collinsworth as only running a 4.7 forty. Surely they made a mistake on that. You cannot play safety in the SEC or many other conferences with that speed or lack there of.

I would say this is right. I have been posting all season that Collinsworth is not that fast. He has vision of the whole field and can cut on a dime without slowing down. But, he has been run down from behind a couple of times this year. He ran a 12.27 100 meter dash in the regional finals (which he did not advance out of), this is not what I would call blazing speed. However, I would want this kid on my team any day. He is a great player and athlete.
I thought he won a state track title last year?
Stardust Wrote:He visited the Florida game this Saturday, but don't take that in that he has made up his mind. UK is in the running, but may not be his top choice. This is an extremely intelligent young man. No knock on UK from an education background, but AC may well choose a better known academic school. There are other threads on here that has already been discussing AC and his list of college choices, which UK is one of many. He is heavily recruited by D1 schools and the offers will continue to mount. I don't see AC making this decision just based on the Football program. If that was the case, he has better options than UK. UK is close to home and there is a lot of family tradition at the school.

Family tradition? Do tell, if I'm not mistaken his father, Cris attended Florida which is what I read into him being in attendance at the Florida-UK game over the weekend.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I thought he won a state track title last year?

If he did, it was part of a relay team. He did not win any individual event (I do not think he even qualified in any individual event,I know he did not in the 100.).
Like to see boys like him go to Uk and watch them develope into great players...
The Blue Blur Wrote:Family tradition? Do tell, if I'm not mistaken his father, Cris attended Florida which is what I read into him being in attendance at the Florida-UK game over the weekend.

His mom was a cheerleader there, his Grandfather played Basketball for Adolph Rupp.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Family tradition? Do tell, if I'm not mistaken his father, Cris attended Florida which is what I read into him being in attendance at the Florida-UK game over the weekend.

tradition Wrote:His mom was a cheerleader there, his Grandfather played Basketball for Adolph Rupp.

Yep
I wish him the best. If he is running a 4.7 40 yard dash and being recruited by D-1 schools, imagine how great he could be if he could knock that down to a 4.5? :eek:

I can't wait for the potential that Austin has to unfold and see what he can really be! Make Kentucky proud!
Picking up Austin Collinsworth would be HUGE for a number of reasons. It would give UK a commitment from one of the state's top players, which will only help in-state recruiting that much more. it could very well open things up in the northern KY area, which seems to produce excellent talent every year. And, with his dad, Chris, being on national television every week, there is no doubt in my mind it would help UK on a national scale.

Come on, Austin! Make the move! And bring Miles Simpson with you while you're at it! (and yes, I know they go to different schools, but they're from the same region of the state)
He can get whatever kind of degree he wants down here in Kentucky. He would be playing the best teams in the SEC, and he will get more national attention at UK than other schools.
cougarpride08 Wrote:He can get whatever kind of degree he wants down here in Kentucky. He would be playing the best teams in the SEC, and he will get more national attention at UK than other schools.

I agree that UK would be a great school for any athlete to go to, but if Brian Kelly goes stays at Cincinnati, any and all of the young men who are Northern KY stars would be better served to stay home and go to UC.

UC is more likely to go to a BCS bowl game. They also, will more than likely, compete on a regular basis for the Big East and BCS games.

Also, will the young man want to play for a coach who has never been a head coach before (Joker Phillips)? All that being said, good luck to Austin.
Pages: 1 2