Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
30.43%
Lawrence County Bulldogs
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Lawrence County 9/18
First off, I'd like to congratulate everyone on this thread for keeping things civil. I've read a lot of your comments, and it seems the fans from both sides are being very respectful and positive toward each other.

As for the game, Lawrence and Shelby Valley are each 3-0, with two of each team's wins coming against outmanned opponents. The difference is in the third win; while SV did notch a convincing victory over a pretty good Pike Central team, Lawrence owns a win over an even better team in Sheldon Clark.

Based on each teams' accomplishments so far, you have to give the edge to Lawrence. Coupled with the home-field advantage, and I believe that despite a good effort from SV, it should be about a 7-10 point margin for the Bulldogs.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:And also i post on here lol yea our special teams was terrible but we have changed all of it, if they return one on kickoff this week ill be very surprised and we also changed our PAT which was terrible but now we have our stating line to block, we went from making a couple against tug and making every single one agaisnt knott.
But i can not wait for this game, our seniors have stepped up alot from about wensday last week, we all had a meeting and talked to all of our coaches and we are ready to go far this year, we will work ours butts off this week and win or loose friday we will finally get to see where we stand and thats the thing i want to know more than ne thing and hopefully if we do win we will get some of the respect we deserve:redboxer:

For me I will be even more surprised if LC don't score on special teams!!! Confusedhh:
Lawrence County 56 SV 14
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:For me I will be even more surprised if LC don't score on special teams!!! Confusedhh:

not saying it wont happen im just saying we fixed alot and took off alot of the lower classman to make this weakness of ours to one of our strenghts
Is it Friday yet? Big Grin
im gonna go with my boys VALLEY-34 LAWRANCE-33 in OT
Ill be in louisa supporting my wildcats.
StrayBullet Wrote:Is it Friday yet? Big Grin

Buddy i can only wish haha. Hope friday comes quick :please:
bout ime u get on here tackett
central fan Wrote:bout ime u get on here tackett

lol i stay on here. Id say this game is going to be a sell out! People you might want too get to the game quickly cause the Stands are gonna fill up quickly!!! :Thumbs:
Lawrence Co. by 2 td's
im interested in the tailgateing before the game as well.....lol
me and blue60 may hit that up..............haha
IMO, this will really determine how good Valley is.
Tanner, I'm sure you had the chance to watch film on Lawrence County. What are you're impressions?
WildDawg Wrote:Tanner, I'm sure you had the chance to watch film on Lawrence County. What are you're impressions?

Haha, you got some Hardnosed running backs, and a very good line. Overall pretty good team!
We will see if LC is a top 10 4A team. If they don't handle the Valley they need not come calling in the playoffs. Not that Valley is not a good team I think they are, that is why we will see if LC is for real.:yikes:
well i think sheldon clark is pretty good and i though Lawrence showed what they were then....pretty good
flavorflav Wrote:well i think sheldon clark is pretty good and i though Lawrence showed what they were then....pretty good

Sheldon Clark doesn't have to come to Bell, Rock or Knox either.
Snare43 Wrote:Sheldon Clark doesn't have to come to Bell, Rock or Knox either.

ok??...are you saying they aren't good or what?...they have beaten some pretty good teams this year :popcorn:
I just want to state...if this game is 1/2 as good and classy as this thread, it'll be a HUMDINGER of a game...

It is GREAT to see these two schools excited about football !!! Kudos to fans of both teams...

:Thumbs:
central fan Wrote:me and blue60 may hit that up..............haha

If only we can get there in time.
This is going to be a nice game between two nice football teams. Neither one has a great deal to hang its hat on yet, since it is but the fourth week of the season.
Lawrence County can win this game and win it solidly - with discipline, winning the turnover fight, and utilizing its advantages.
Shelby Valley is talented enough and hungry enough to pull off the win, and perhaps even just as solidly. I would call it a "shocker," but the fact is that neither team has enough of a resume this season to cast this one as a sure thing either way.
And Snare43, nobody but the Amazing Kreskin needs to be thinking ahead about the 4A playoffs yet. Too much regular season football left to be played for people to waste time worrying about "calling" in the playoffs yet.
Everybody in District 8 knows EXACTLY what kind of buzzsaws there are in District 7. But those buzzsaws have been heavily favored and lost before, so who knows?
Snare43 Wrote:We will see if LC is a top 10 4A team. If they don't handle the Valley they need not come calling in the playoffs. Not that Valley is not a good team I think they are, that is why we will see if LC is for real.:yikes:

I've seen Lawrence Co. with my own eyes and you can take it from me, Lawrence Co.'s offense is "for real". Defensively, it's still up in the air (literally) as I have doubts about their secondary. The run defense is fine, though, there's good size inside and decent speed on the corners.

I'm more curious to see if Shelby Valley is "real". Pike Central is the best team they've played, making it tough to judge. If the Wildcats win or keep it close, I'll say they are (for real).
flavorflav Wrote:ok??...are you saying they aren't good or what?...they have beaten some pretty good teams this year :popcorn:

No they are very good football teams. LC has improved.Playoffs are different and if they beat these teams then I'm sold.
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:lol i stay on here. Id say this game is going to be a sell out! People you might want too get to the game quickly cause the Stands are gonna fill up quickly!!! :Thumbs:

The stands prolly will fill up quickly but Id say by halftime the valley fans will be gone upset over the score.:Thumbs: LC 42 SV 7 :Thumbs:
TheONLY1 Wrote:The stands prolly will fill up quickly but Id say by halftime the valley fans will rolling out upset over the score.:Thumbs: LC 42 SV 7 :Thumbs:

lol little much i do belive? but its your opinion is all i can say :eyeroll:
oneijoe Wrote:I've seen Lawrence Co. with my own eyes and you can take it from me, Lawrence Co.'s offense is "for real". Defensively, it's still up in the air (literally) as I have doubts about their secondary. The run defense is fine, though, there's good size inside and decent speed on the corners.

I'm more curious to see if Shelby Valley is "real". Pike Central is the best team they've played, making it tough to judge. If the Wildcats win or keep it close, I'll say they are (for real).
I agree with your opinion of Lawrence Co. Their offense is for real, but defense needs some improvement. The secondary was upgraded last week with Larry West. He was a very good WR last year at Nitro (although Nitro wasn't very good). I believe his speed/presence will help the LC secondary drastically. The defensive line looked good in the Sheldon Clark game.
I'm curious to see how the LC team matches up with a premiere backfield. SV has one of the best backfields in the mountains, regardless of what people think. If LC can shut down their running attack, I will feel confident that LC can progress into a team that could challenge Bell County in the playoffs. If LC can't slow them down, your Prestonsburg team better start doing some film study. LOL
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:lol little much i do belive? but its your opinion is all i can say :eyeroll:
LOL Yeah little much is a understatement. We will see Friday night though. I'm driving 7 hours to watch this one. I can't wait!
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Looks like you wont be keeping much stats for LC's "D" then HAHA. :lmao: j/k again lol. Hopefully you wont be is all i can say, come on Valley O-LINE haha.

I doubt you get over 25 yards rushing.:Thumbs:
I love LC football but there is too much cockiness and arrogance coming from some of the LC people on this board. With that being said LC seems prime for an upset to come in over-looking a very well coached team in SV.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next