Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
30.43%
Lawrence County Bulldogs
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Lawrence County 9/18
StrayBullet Wrote:Not being sarcastic when I ask this but can I get some information on the SV backfield??

The backfield Consist of Me (FB), Dillon Hughes (HB), and B.J. Roberts (HB)
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:The backfield Consist of Me (FB), Dillon Hughes (HB), and B.J. Roberts (HB)

StrayBullet Wrote:Thanks:Thumbs:

No problem. Anything else just let me know! :biggrin:
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:No problem. Anything else just let me know! :biggrin:

Just trying to get an idea of names and positions of the opposing teams I will be keeping stats for..anything more would be nothing but an extra..
StrayBullet Wrote:Just trying to get an idea of names and positions of the opposing teams I will be keeping stats for..anything more would be nothing but an extra..

Do you keep up with Defense too? Like tackles, sacks, int, forced fumble, fumble recovery etc;,? Or are you strictly offense?
This should be an interesting game since these teams are known to be "cinderella" teams (teams that nobody really paid attention to until they started winning this year).

I have Shelby Valley winning in a crazy, close game.

Shelby Valley - 23
Lawrence County - 22
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Do you keep up with Defense too? Like tackles, sacks, int, forced fumble, fumble recovery etc;,? Or are you strictly offense?

I keep up with both but it seems as if fans only care about offensive stats..
Yea Everyone forgets that defense wins the ball games haha.
CatDawg Wrote:WildDawg,

Looks like Tug Valley had given up 124 while scoring nothing coming into last weeks game with SV. In that game they score their first points. So this means SV allowed Tug Valley to score their only points of the year while LC has been putting up some great offensive numbers. I know that its not played on paper and that is why we get together on the field but it sure looks on paper like LCs offense could have a very good night. SV might be good on offense as well but that would only mean a high scoring game but either way it appears LCs scoreboard operator might be a little busy come Friday. We shall see.
They actually played SV two weeks ago, but you are correct. Their only points have came on the SV defense. I didn't watch the game, but I would imagine their points came on the SV JV. I agree with you. I think LC will put a lot of points on the board. #35 Tanner Tackett (who post on here) and BJ Roberts are their best defensive players. In my opinion, LC will win the battle up front and Shane Pack will pound it on them. I look for close game until half time then Lawrence County will start to pull away.
WildDawg Wrote:They actually played SV two weeks ago, but you are correct. Their only points have came on the SV defense. I didn't watch the game, but I would imagine their points came on the SV JV. I agree with you. I think LC will put a lot of points on the board. #35 Tanner Tackett (who post on here) and BJ Roberts are their best defensive players. In my opinion, LC will win the battle up front and Shane Pack will pound it on them. I look for close game until half time then Lawrence County will start to pull away.

You are correct also lol. Their points that they scored on us was actually on Kickoff (which is basically our JV). But dont worry we changed that quickly lol. We 'had' JV players on the special teams so the people on the team that goes both ways could have a break. BUT we changed it so our special teams is now fixed, Special teams was a main area we had to fix, And it is now!
WildDawg Wrote:They actually played SV two weeks ago, but you are correct. Their only points have came on the SV defense. I didn't watch the game, but I would imagine their points came on the SV JV. I agree with you. I think LC will put a lot of points on the board. #35 Tanner Tackett (who post on here) and BJ Roberts are their best defensive players. In my opinion, LC will win the battle up front and Shane Pack will pound it on them. I look for close game until half time then Lawrence County will start to pull away.

And also i post on here lol yea our special teams was terrible but we have changed all of it, if they return one on kickoff this week ill be very surprised and we also changed our PAT which was terrible but now we have our stating line to block, we went from making a couple against tug and making every single one agaisnt knott.
But i can not wait for this game, our seniors have stepped up alot from about wensday last week, we all had a meeting and talked to all of our coaches and we are ready to go far this year, we will work ours butts off this week and win or loose friday we will finally get to see where we stand and thats the thing i want to know more than ne thing and hopefully if we do win we will get some of the respect we deserve:redboxer:
Lawrence is starting to bring the program back
pagan Wrote:Lawrence is starting to bring the program back

Yes you are 100% correct. Lawrence has turned their program around tremendously coming off from a 0-10 season last year to a 3-0 season this year. Good job Dawgs!!
I hope to get off work early Friday evening to be able to come down and enjoy all the tailgating. Games likes these are the ones I enjoy getting to early. Sit down, take in the sights and sounds and just enjoy a great game of Eastern KY football. Good luck to both teams but GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!
StrayBullet Wrote:I hope to get off work early Friday evening to be able to come down and enjoy all the tailgating. Games likes these are the ones I enjoy getting to early. Sit down, take in the sights and sounds and just enjoy a great game of Eastern KY football. Good luck to both teams but GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

Shall be a great game! Your going to get their early so you can be cheering for me? haha just kidding.
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Shall be a great game! Your going to get their early so you can be cheering for me? haha just kidding.

Ill be there to keep stats on how many times the LC "D" gets you in the backfield for a loss :Clap: j/k I hope both teams play well and it is one of the games that you remember for years to come.
StrayBullet Wrote:Ill be there to keep stats on how many times the LC "D" gets you in the backfield for a loss :Clap: j/k I hope both teams play well and it is one of the games that you remember for years to come.

Looks like you wont be keeping much stats for LC's "D" then HAHA. :lmao: j/k again lol. Hopefully you wont be is all i can say, come on Valley O-LINE haha.
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Looks like you wont be keeping much stats for LC's "D" then HAHA. :lmao: j/k again lol. Hopefully you wont be is all i can say, come on Valley O-LINE haha.

Good Luck to you Tackett and your whole team Friday night. Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable time in Louisa. I hope the Dawgs roll away with a "W" but I hope you guys give us the best game we have had to date.
StrayBullet Wrote:Good Luck to you Tackett and your whole team Friday night. Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable time in Louisa. I hope the Dawgs roll away with a "W" but I hope you guys give us the best game we have had to date.

Thank you Stray, make sure if you talk to some LC players, tell them good luck also and lets play!
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Looks like you wont be keeping much stats for LC's "D" then HAHA. :lmao: j/k again lol. Hopefully you wont be is all i can say, come on Valley O-LINE haha.
:lmao: Good one. Actually I hope you have a good game. Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna see you win. I will be rooting you guys on for the rest of the year regardless of the outcome Friday night though. :Thumbs:
With that being said here is my prediction for Friday night:

Lawrence County 28
Shelby Valley 14
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:And also i post on here lol yea our special teams was terrible but we have changed all of it, if they return one on kickoff this week ill be very surprised and we also changed our PAT which was terrible but now we have our stating line to block, we went from making a couple against tug and making every single one agaisnt knott.
But i can not wait for this game, our seniors have stepped up alot from about wensday last week, we all had a meeting and talked to all of our coaches and we are ready to go far this year, we will work ours butts off this week and win or loose friday we will finally get to see where we stand and thats the thing i want to know more than ne thing and hopefully if we do win we will get some of the respect we deserve:redboxer:
You guys deserve all the respect in the world regardless of the outcome of Friday. This is the best Shelby Valley team that I can think of. I believe you guys are capable of making some serious noise in 2A this year.
WildDawg Wrote:You guys deserve all the respect in the world regardless of the outcome of Friday. This is the best Shelby Valley team that I can think of. I believe you guys are capable of making some serious noise in 2A this year.

Thanks dude. I wish everyone else thought like you lol and quit bashing us. But Ahh well they dont get in my heads haha.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:This should be an interesting game since these teams are known to be "cinderella" teams (teams that nobody really paid attention to until they started winning this year).

I have Shelby Valley winning in a crazy, close game.

Shelby Valley - 23
Lawrence County - 22
Are you serious Lawrence County a cinderella team? Yes they've been down for a few years as just about all high schools do but I don't think you can say their cinderella. Need to take a look at their past records if that is how you feel.
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:And also i post on here lol yea our special teams was terrible but we have changed all of it, if they return one on kickoff this week ill be very surprised and we also changed our PAT which was terrible but now we have our stating line to block, we went from making a couple against tug and making every single one agaisnt knott.

I sure hope Valley's special teams are ready for Mr.West
I hope SV did correct their special teams, because if they didn't it's going to be a long night for them with West,James, Clay running back the kickoffs. All three of these guys have the potential to break one everytime they touch the ball.
Lawrence County by at least 14 pts. They are home and they have already played some tough teams. If Valley wins or keeps it close then I would have to say they are for real. Beating Pike Cent. Tug Valley, and Knott are games Valley is suppose to win. Good Luck to both teams
I am so excited about this game. I think my Wildcats will prove how tough they are. I wish LC good luck, but I'm pulling for SV. I think it will be a wild one with SV winning by single digits, maybe even just one.

I like this thread--with almost everyone being encouraging and looking for a good game. I hope the teams are allowed to play fairly and the boys decide this game on field, talent to talent, with good sportsmanship from players and fans alike.

I love Friday Nights! Go Blue!!!!!!
I think this will be a good game for both teams, these two dont play each other that often and its a non district game but both want to remain undefeated. I think SV has a really good team ,but this will be their toughest game all year. LC is for real, and I know a lot of people get on here and say stuff just from their heart, and that's fine but you have to state the facts and those are. Both teams are undefeated coming into the game, I believe with LC beating Sheldon Clark and SV not really playing weak teams but weaker than what LC has played, that is going to give the Bulldogs an advantage. I look for LC's defense to make a statement with this game.

LC-35
SV-14
What is Shelby's record?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next