Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 14 Raceland 13
That play happened really fast.

Carter came from 8 or so yards back and shot through the middle. He may have been on the run even when the whistle blew to start the clock. It looked like he did get some push off his own guys back with the intention to block the kick at the line of scrimmage but he got there/jumped too early. He came back down on the run and just shot straight through untouched and the actual block came about 3 feet or so from the kicker. Looked like the ball may have hit him in the lower chest, he didn't have to dive or anything. There was another rusher coming from Greenup's right side that had a shot at it. #26 i think.

Was an exciting ending for sure.
Congratulations to Greenup on a great win. I just love.
Ram-a-Devil Where are you? Im getting worried, are you OK?
One other thing i took from the game was the improvement of Greenup's offensive line since the start of the season. While not the biggest oline, they were quick and athletic against Racelands larger defensive front and were able to open some holes. Raceland kept biting at the first back through alot, especially in the first half and Greenup was able to move the ball on the ground pretty effectively. Even with all the miscues and penalties, you can see they are becoming more comfortable with this offense.
Honestly, it was a pretty boring game to watch regardless who you were rooting for...
Kosar, get real, the rams gave them one score on a bad snap, The Rams had many turnovers also; and the kid doesn't walk on air. In your eyes everybody that the Rams play walk on water! You must have had a sports life sitting on the bench carring water to the players, that's how all your whinning comments sound!
Kosar Wrote:Ram-a-Devil Where are you? Im getting worried, are you OK?
Under one of his post it said suspended so that may be where he is.
that's right Wrote:Kosar, get real, the rams gave them one score on a bad snap, The Rams had many turnovers also; and the kid doesn't walk on air. In your eyes everybody that the Rams play walk on water! You must have had a sports life sitting on the bench carring water to the players, that's how all your whinning comments sound!
No he doesnt walk on air, but he can jump a center that is bent over long snaping. What does my carrying water to players have to do with Raceland sucking?:yawn:
Kosar Wrote:No he doesnt walk on air, but he can jump a center that is bent over long snaping. What does my carrying water to players have to do with Raceland sucking?:yawn:
No he can not! That's called 'Hurdling', and that is also a penalty.
Big win for Greenup! Congrads! :Cheerlead

As for Carter...he trransferred to Greenup due to some trouble that he got himself into while at Ashland. He was able to play for Greenup so quickly because now he technically lives in Greenup County under the care of his new foster parents. I just hope the kid can stay out of trouble this time.
Kosar Wrote:Ram-a-Devil Where are you? Im getting worried, are you OK?

I was suspended hosar. Anyway.....back to the game. This game was battle of the crappy teams it was 7-6 with six munutes to go and I don't think anybody cared. I think we lost because of lack of intrest. I was standing in the endzone when Carter blocked the kick he didn't touch anybody when he went through. I don't know if hurdleing is a penalty but he didn't touch anybody when he jumped over them. I kind of liked our muffed punt attempt when our QB jumps on the ball at the one yard line instead of kicking it out of the endzone. Instead of giving Greenup 2 points he gave them six by falling on the ball at the 1. I like how Raceland played in the last 2 minutes of the game. They played with a sense of urgency finally. If they had played like that the whole game I wouldn't have to be on here eating crow right now.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I was suspended hosar. Anyway.....back to the game. This game was battle of the crappy teams it was 7-6 with six munutes to go and I don't think anybody cared. I think we lost because of lack of intrest. I was standing in the endzone when Carter blocked the kick he didn't touch anybody when he went through. I don't know if hurdleing is a penalty but he didn't touch anybody when he jumped over them. I kind of liked our muffed punt attempt when our QB jumps on the ball at the one yard line instead of kicking it out of the endzone. Instead of giving Greenup 2 points he gave them six by falling on the ball at the 1. I like how Raceland played in the last 2 minutes of the game. They played with a sense of urgency finally. If they had played like that the whole game I wouldn't have to be on here eating crow right now.
That is a really good post Ram-a-Devil. You keep acting honest and respectful and it is going to ruin your rep on here.:thatsfunn
Kosar Wrote:That is a really good post Ram-a-Devil. You keep acting honest and respectful and it is going to ruin your rep on here.:thatsfunn

Well......I can't very well run my mouth if my team puts up such weak performance.
I think other than Ashland...just about every team in the area is down this year
flavorflav Wrote:I think other than Ashland...just about every team in the area is down this year

Very true even all the way up to Paintsville/Johnson Central. ALOT of top programs in general are down this year all across the state of KY. :flush:
flavorflav Wrote:I think other than Ashland...just about every team in the area is down this year

I think Ashland will be even better next year.