Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.89%
Ashland Blazer
86.11%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Ashland Blazer Aug. 28
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Raceland used to have to play Beechwood or Newcath the first round of the playoffs. Two teams that even on Ashlands "good" years they couldn't have beat either morethan likely. That would be the equivelant of Ashland playing Highlands first round every year. And honestly it shouldn't matter if it was a down year or not. That's irrelevant, due to the fact that Ashland probably Graduates more kids in one class than Raceland has in the entire highschool.

Ashlands 1990 team would not have beaten beecwood that year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Thats right. The top five always had to play Beechwood in the very first round of the playoffs every year. That would be like if Ashland had to play Highlands in the first game every year. You know Highlands don't you? The 3A team that plays up to 5A Because The Red devils aren't enough competition for them in 3A . I believe they laid the smackdown on the Tomacats last year, and will do the same again this year. What will your excuse be? You can't use the mediocre Ashland excuse this year. We do miracles for a small school. We are the greatest school in the existence of mankind. Jump on the train and ride for a while.

:****happe:eyeroll: I heard the school of the blind an deaf is looking for a first round playoff game maybe that's more what your looking for?? I'd say that's a sure winner! Winner winner chicken dinner. Or should I say winer winer sounds so much finer.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Thats right. The top five always had to play Beechwood in the very first round of the playoffs every year. That would be like if Ashland had to play Highlands in the first game every year. You know Highlands don't you? The 3A team that plays up to 5A Because The Red devils aren't enough competition for them in 3A . I believe they laid the smackdown on the Tomacats last year, and will do the same again this year. What will your excuse be? You can't use the mediocre Ashland excuse this year. We do miracles for a small school. We are the greatest school in the existence of mankind. Jump on the train and ride for a while.

:****happe:eyeroll: I heard the school of the blind an deaf is looking for a first round playoff game maybe that's more what your looking for?? I'd say that's a sure winner! Winner winner chicken dinner. Or should I say winer winer sounds so much finer.
Ashland by 30!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Ashlands 1990 team would not have beaten beecwood that year.

Ashland would have beaten Beechwood easily that year. I was a part of the 1990 Raceland team that lost to Ashland. They would have beaten Beechwood easily. That Ashland team was by far the best I had played against.
Ashland puts at least 28 more on the board then the Rams can muster
That's what i was saying is Ashland wouldn't have made it any further than Raceland did had they had to play NCC or Beechwood first round. With an exception of maybe a year or two. And that's a maybe.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Ashlands 1990 team would not have beaten beecwood that year.

that is a little much that team should've went undefeated but we will let coach dowdy have his moment lol.... but personally why all the bickering between ashaland and raceland congrats rams on making in a rivalry and winning three in a row in putnam no to many teams outside of ironton have done that raceland and ashland are both class acts and honestly hope to see both go far this season
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:that is a little much that team should've went undefeated but we will let coach dowdy have his moment lol.... but personally why all the bickering between ashaland and raceland congrats rams on making in a rivalry and winning three in a row in putnam no to many teams outside of ironton have done that raceland and ashland are both class acts and honestly hope to see both go far this season

Ashland's coach said they need to "fix the problem" of getting beat by Raceland every year. You want to talk about a real problem that needs to be fixed? Since you brought them up, Ironton has beaten Ashland the last 10 times by an average score of 38-9! That's as far back as the KHSAA site lists scores, but I would imagine the domination continued back through the 90's and 80's as well. Maybe the Tomcats have just grown accustomed to being scared of guys in orange uniforms!
ryanparker Wrote:Ashland's coach said they need to "fix the problem" of getting beat by Raceland every year. You want to talk about a real problem that needs to be fixed? Since you brought them up, Ironton has beaten Ashland the last 10 times by an average score of 38-9! That's as far back as the KHSAA site lists scores, but I would imagine the domination continued back through the 90's and 80's as well. Maybe the Tomcats have just grown accustomed to being scared of guys in orange uniforms!

One problem at a time.

It has nothing to do with those Halloween costumes you call uniforms. Kinda reminds me of THE GREAT PUMPKIN :redboxer::moon::biggrin:
That's why Ashland keeps playing them all these years cause they are scared? Only team onthis side of the river that has an on going series with them. I think Russell may have picked them up this year. Yes it is really frustrating there have been several games that ironton found a way to win. last years game for example, Can't take anything away from them they are always tough. But... Oh I forgot you wouldn't scheduel someone like that they might beat you every year because they too good like beechwood or Newport, Ill get that number of that school of the blind for you guys so you can have your sure thing in the first round of the playoffs.
The Tomcats are going to be on the prowl in this game.
Gotta love these rivalries!
AHS86 Wrote:One problem at a time.

It has nothing to do with those Halloween costumes you call uniforms. Kinda reminds me of THE GREAT PUMPKIN :redboxer::moon::biggrin:
That's why Ashland keeps playing them all these years cause they are scared? Only team onthis side of the river that has an on going series with them. I think Russell may have picked them up this year. Yes it is really frustrating there have been several games that ironton found a way to win. last years game for example, Can't take anything away from them they are always tough. But... Oh I forgot you wouldn't scheduel someone like that they might beat you every year because they too good like beechwood or Newport, Ill get that number of that school of the blind for you guys so you can have your sure thing in the first round of the playoffs.
I don't know if we've ever played Newport first round. We have played Newport Central Catholic several times though.
I'm really not fighting mad I'm on this stupid iPhone an my fingers keep hitting the wrong icons, just meant to moon you guys!
Ashland in a big,fat,huge kinda way
ryanparker Wrote:Ashland's coach said they need to "fix the problem" of getting beat by Raceland every year. You want to talk about a real problem that needs to be fixed? Since you brought them up, Ironton has beaten Ashland the last 10 times by an average score of 38-9! That's as far back as the KHSAA site lists scores, but I would imagine the domination continued back through the 90's and 80's as well. Maybe the Tomcats have just grown accustomed to being scared of guys in orange uniforms!

the last time ashalnd beat ironton was 90 and losing streaks to one team are problems and u always want to win and beat the teams that beat u the year before
AHS86, did you get my pm.

Also yes we did get Ironton back on the schedule. About time. Things finally worked out where we could schedule each other again. Not that Russell has had much success agains Ironton either but it is a natural rivalry and one that should be played every year IMO.
say the tomcats by as many as they want!!!!!!!
FBALL Wrote:AHS86, did you get my pm.

Also yes we did get Ironton back on the schedule. About time. Things finally worked out where we could schedule each other again. Not that Russell has had much success agains Ironton either but it is a natural rivalry and one that should be played every year IMO.

Yeah, check yours again I have a question?

dude i did nothing but offer a compliment to the rams for accomplishing something alot dont against the tomcats and u still attack the ashland program while qouting me.lets be honest mr parker the tradition of raceland and russell combined does not match ashlands who has over 600 wins and eleven state championships plus one of the most decorated teams in state history in the 75 jaws team so maybe you just hate cause your jealous
Ashland has lost a few games to the local teams over the past few years. Yes they have lost to Raceland the last two years. Yes they have lost to Russell on several occations in the past ten years. Ashland has had some hard times lately. I have a feeling the hard times are over.

Ashland will put Raceland in their place this year.

Ashland 56
Raceland 7
Raceland has beat Ashland the past three years not two. Not bieng a jerk just letting you know.
Jeepman Wrote:Ashland has lost a few games to the local teams over the past few years. Yes they have lost to Raceland the last two years. Yes they have lost to Russell on several occations in the past ten years. Ashland has had some hard times lately. I have a feeling the hard times are over.

Ashland will put Raceland in their place this year.

Ashland 56
Raceland 7

We have had one really bad season 2 years ago 2-8 and 7-5 last year I would hardly call that real hard times. Three 9 win seasons before that. But thanks for the compliment (I think). As far as Racelands place? I think that is a really good 1a school that seems to be competing with everybody around here.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:dude i did nothing but offer a compliment to the rams for accomplishing something alot dont against the tomcats and u still attack the ashland program while qouting me.lets be honest mr parker the tradition of raceland and russell combined does not match ashlands who has over 600 wins and eleven state championships plus one of the most decorated teams in state history in the 75 jaws team so maybe you just hate cause your jealous
Since 1970 Russell holds a 19-17 advantage in the series with Ashland. Russell also has well over 500 wins as a program as well. Raceland I'm sure has close to 500 wins so I would say they more than stack up combined. As for the state titles I believe Ashland only has 1 KHSAA sanctioned state title.
AHS86 Wrote:Yeah, check yours again I have a question?
I'm still not recieving your pm's. I sent you another.
FBALL Wrote:Since 1970 Russell holds a 19-17 advantage in the series with Ashland. Russell also has well over 500 wins as a program as well. Raceland I'm sure has close to 500 wins so I would say they more than stack up combined. As for the state titles I believe Ashland only has 1 KHSAA sanctioned state title.

russell is a legit program but the fact remains the cats have been winning football for 70 years and there history has a huge headstart on russell and even though only the 1990 team won in the khsaa era those other teams were still great and get to put those banners up which is more than other schools who were playing at the same time can say
How much I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is an Ashland cake walk!
Most of Ashlands history, which is great, occurred before color TV. That doesn't mean you discount it but it has been many decades since Ashland was the dominant power it was prior to "Leave it to Beaver".
Ashland 34
Raceland 13
If were going for a history lesson let's start at the beginning Ashland was one of the orignal 18 members of the KHSAA way back in 1917. History is just that history but without that great history none of us would have anything to brag about, not Russell not raceland not Ashland or any of the other great teams in the state. Because that is what built these programs to what they are today. I cherish everyone of those wins . If it weren't for those 600 victories numerous state champions. Btw khsaa goes back to 1959 as far as I could see with there list of state champs starting with Lynch, Henderson, du pont manuel 1,2,3 A, Ashland has 2 championships 2a1967/3a1990 2 runner ups 4a 1972/1975 which I believe were called state at large championships because louisville had there own deal going onduring that time that was the begining of 4a high schools.