•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
Greenup plays Ashland next week.
when i think of a team i think of one against the other, who would win. and i like alot of those kids and their coach, i was there tonite cheering them on and in no way would they beat the eighth grade team........the end.

when has pike co. not allowed holdbacks?
a double hold back is a player who would graduate at 17 and gets heldback 2 times and graduates at a legal age of 19 some kids can do this depending on their birthday some cant.

we all know belfry is so wonderful and none of their pirates holdback and domminate everyone elses' who cares only pike central and east ridge have to deal with them in high school.
CORBIN NUMBER 1 HANDS DOWN!! 8TH AND 7TH!! We have beat most thats been mentioned!
PHS95 Wrote:I don't have to be joking, I personally know all of these kids and they are 13 and 14 year olds to say 90% must be fifteen is ludicrous.... And, you are correct, they are very well coached and one of the best teams I have seen! Maybe some of their parents can enlighten you further to their age.... maybe some will post birth certificates to prove it to ya! LOL:popcorn:

well first of all i think u mean LUDACRIS....lol..well the birth certificates was probably changed or your docter was retarded.....but i just cant possibly belive that u r gonna sit here and lie about sombodys age over the internet.....
ballin23 Wrote:well first of all i think u mean LUDACRIS....lol..well the birth certificates was probably changed or your docter was retarded.....but i just cant possibly belive that u r gonna sit here and lie about sombodys age over the internet.....

No, I meant ludicrous.... as in ridiculous, not ludacris as in horrible singer! And, sweetheart, I don't have to lie about their age.... people from this county will come up with any excuse to badmouth Belfry, Pikeville, or any other kid that has a leg up on them! It has gotten to the point that it is pathetic! None of them are my children.... but I know them and I know how old they are.... and, by the way, before calling a doctor retarded, learn to spell doctor!
What does LUDACRIS mean?
1.LCC
2.Belfry
3.Cumberland
4.Johnson Central
5.Knox Co.
6.New Harlan
7.Pike Central
8.Martin County
9.Betsy Lane
10.Adams or Corbin
AnalysisKing Wrote:1.LCC
2.Belfry
3.Cumberland
4.Johnson Central
5.Knox Co.
6.New Harlan
7.Pike Central
8.Martin County
9.Betsy Lane
10.Adams or Corbin
You need to recount or something! Corbin 10 you guess.. I happen to know for a fact by either playing or comparing final scores of the games or opponents between each other.THAT HALF WE ALREADY HAVE BEATEN or the others "by stats beening compared or final scores" that you wouldnt stand a chance, CORBIN HAS TO BE TOP 3 ANYWHERE!
REDHOUND NATION! Wrote:You need to recount or something! Corbin 10 you guess.. I happen to know for a fact by either playing or comparing final scores of the games or opponents between each other.THAT HALF WE ALREADY HAVE BEATEN or the others "by stats beening compared or final scores" that you wouldnt stand a chance, CORBIN HAS TO BE TOP 3 ANYWHERE!
you would have trouble even scoring on cumberland,new harlan or knox.ask your coach to schedule these three next year,it will give you a good measuring stick toward real rankings.
New Harlan beat Cumberland 36-20 in the MAC Championship last night!
big blu 2 u Wrote:you would have trouble even scoring on cumberland,new harlan or knox.ask your coach to schedule these three next year,it will give you a good measuring stick toward real rankings.
We scrimmaged new harland, ask them how we were! and they beat the other team you mentioned? you need to see how things are really ranked! knox would not even except a game invite from our seventh graders. so please... you real football fans out there knows all to well what corbin can do. we will show the state again were we belong! after the smoke clears CORBIN WILL STAND STRONG... BOTH 7TH AND 8TH. I understand that you want your team to do well and talk is cheep, but in the real world you would get your bubble busted. SORRY!!
New Harlan scrimmaged Corbin before the season started and Corbin looked to have the makings of a decent team at that time. I'm sure they have improved since then as most teams do progress as the year goes on. However, just based on what I saw I don't think Corbin could beat Knox, Cumberland, or Letcher County. I haven't seen them play any regular season games so this is just my opinion based on what I saw at the scrimmage. I understand that Corbin wants their team to do well, but in the real world, unless you have seen another team play then it is just an opinion, as this is mine.

Did Corbin play Bell County this year? Whitley?
Im talking team.The best team.Not if a 6th grade could beat a 8th.I mean concept.Your 8th grade does not work as a team.The 6th grade up there is a team.They talk at the line.They say good job after someone scores.There a team.Nobody screaming.No one player is bbigger than the team.THEY ARE A TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! THE END!!!!!!
Its all over the county whats going on up there on the 8th grade team.The very reason you only have a fairly good team in high scholl ever 10 years.
Mama Bear Wrote:New Harlan scrimmaged Corbin before the season started and Corbin looked to have the makings of a decent team at that time. I'm sure they have improved since then as most teams do progress as the year goes on. However, just based on what I saw I don't think Corbin could beat Knox, Cumberland, or Letcher County. I haven't seen them play any regular season games so this is just my opinion based on what I saw at the scrimmage. I understand that Corbin wants their team to do well, but in the real world, unless you have seen another team play then it is just an opinion, as this is mine.

Did Corbin play Bell County this year? Whitley?

You are right Corbin has had to progress since the beginning of the year. And still in that scrimmage before the season corbin was definately the better team on the field. So are you saying that all of those teams are better than New Harlan too?
big blu 2 u Wrote:you would have trouble even scoring on cumberland,new harlan or knox.ask your coach to schedule these three next year,it will give you a good measuring stick toward real rankings.

:lmao: New Harlan and Corbin's 8th grade are pretty evenly matched, however the 7th grade teams are on two different levels. In the 7th grade scrimmage New Harlan couldn't move the ball at all, and they could not stop Corbin. Lets just see how these State Playoffs play out that should be able to give us an idea were some teams really stand.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You are right Corbin has had to progress since the beginning of the year. And still in that scrimmage before the season corbin was definately the better team on the field. So are you saying that all of those teams are better than New Harlan too?

Here's how the season has been...

Cumberland beat New Harlan and Letcher
Letcher beat New Harlan
New Harlan beat Knox Co. (early in the season)
New Harlan beat Cumberland in their conference Championship Saturday.

So what I'm saying is that these are three teams that I have seen play. All have been good close games and could compete with anybody, including Corbin. I HEAR that Belfry and Johnson Central have really good teams this year, but I haven't seen them play. I haven't seen Corbin play a regular season game, so based on what I saw at the scrimmage, I think that any of these teams could beat Corbin. All I have to base that on is a scimmage, which isn't much, but that's all I have seen of them. It's just my opinion.
I know for a fact that Corbin didn't try to schedule Knox county this year. Knox county tried to join the conference but wasn't accepted. I haven't seen Corbin play but from the teams I have seen play, I think New Harlan and Knox County are top notch teams. Cumberland beat New Harlan once so I think that they are a solid team as well.
RichBrooks Wrote:I know for a fact that Corbin didn't try to schedule Knox county this year. Knox county tried to join the conference but wasn't accepted. I haven't seen Corbin play but from the teams I have seen play, I think New Harlan and Knox County are top notch teams. Cumberland beat New Harlan once so I think that they are a solid team as well.
The reason knox was not accepted was that you have to have a 7th grade team as well as a 8th. not combined.I have to agree with rich brooks, Corbin was the better team against new harlan. Ask your coach, I will give credit, you are big, but slow. you have no talent in the defensive back field, when we desided to pass you all couldnt come close to stopping us.our coach said and i quote ' IF WE REALLY WANTED TO GIVE IT TO THEM THE AIR WAS THE WAY, AND THEN THAT WILL OPEN UP THE RUNNING GAME!" UNQUOTE. NEW HARLAN DID NOT EVEN SCORE UNTIL WE ALL WENT TO WORK ON GOAL LINE DEFENSE. no lies to tell you were there. talk is cheep we will as we have in the past let our team and REP. tell the story. We are not unbeatable by far. But we are heads and shoulders above alot!! But all in all route for your team, if you dont know one will!! Harlan you Are a soild team and size oh- what size. and your coach had them fired up! BUT talent is talent, we just had more in some places then you. THATS MY OPINION!!
RichBrooks Wrote:I know for a fact that Corbin didn't try to schedule Knox county this year. Knox county tried to join the conference but wasn't accepted. I haven't seen Corbin play but from the teams I have seen play, I think New Harlan and Knox County are top notch teams. Cumberland beat New Harlan once so I think that they are a solid team as well.
I have nothing against knox, thats my home town. Its about time they take football serious. Thats the reason that real football lovers move to corbin.

Knox cannot play Corbin in any middle school sport due to a Knox basketball coach(this same coach/parent/principal tried to fight coach Elam immediately after Knox lost in the regional tournament last year) sucker punching the Corbin coach while he was working in the concession stand. Knox officials said there was too many hard feelings and the games were being taken too seriously by some to continue.
I think new harlan has a good team
:Thumbs: Cumberland has a real good football team this year. They have only lost 1 game and that was in the Championship against New Harlan. New Harlan has a good team..But that is only because they are made up of 5 schools. But that is just me
ballin23 Wrote:ok im sry i think u r misunderstanding sv 7th,8th grade team was the first team 2 score on the belfry pirates this year and it was a better game than wat the scoreboard said ...the wildcats held the pirates 2 only 2 touchdowns in the second half ...the only team 2 do that all year.....and if u have a chance 2 come 2 valleys game tuesday u will be suprised wat the wildcats have in store foor the belfry pirates.......who happen 2 be all double holdbacks and sv only has 2 holdbacks and they r both un the seventh grade
..and another thing how can u compare a 5th and 6th grade team 2 a 7th and 8th grade team.....its impossible have u seen either tem play???
Firs let me say I want to see SV do well, as I do all mountan teams. Second let me say, people shouldnt get all tore up about middle school sports, if they dont play in highschool what they do in middle school dont amount to a hill of beans. grade school cowboys is what Coach Roddy used to call them. Third the question as to holdbacks I will tell you #32 was held back in first grade, he is 14, birthday in march, the qb is the only other starter that is a holdback. #12 and#11 and #99 are holdbacks 12 and 99 have not played since 5th grade and both are 13. idont know the ages of #11 and the qb. As a note I heard the SV 6th grade coach say he had 16 holdbacks that should now be 7th graders.
In my opinion as a fan I believe New Harlan can beat anyone at anytime! That's just the way I am as a fan! That is reason they play games to see who wins!

As far as them being made up of 5 schools that is just another excuse, before it was that we were a bunch of holdbacks. Now that everyone has holdbacks another excuse has to be made up. I am just defending my team! I do not cheer against Cumberland or Evarts except when we play them, because together they will all make a Great Black Bears Team!!!!
I hate to say it Patriot, but LCC could have the chance to beat anyone if they play like they did against New Harlan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Same for cumberland...Lcc and new harlan are both great teams. those two would have to be the toughest we played this year... we beat new harlan for the first time in ten years... that was a great moment for us.... If we had beaten u new harlan for ten years how would u had felt??? Well some could call it a fluke or whatever they want for that given night...u all beat us for championship...congrats....but what i am getting to is our highschool is going to be great in the years to come. Cannot wait
Skins Fan Wrote:Same for cumberland...Lcc and new harlan are both great teams. those two would have to be the toughest we played this year... we beat new harlan for the first time in ten years... that was a great moment for us.... If we had beaten u new harlan for ten years how would u had felt??? Well some could call it a fluke or whatever they want for that given night...u all beat us for championship...congrats....but what i am getting to is our highschool is going to be great in the years to come. Cannot wait

I understand where you are both coming from and that's how I meant what I said but I guess it came out arrogant! If I've said it once I've said it a million times a True Fan expects their team to win everytime they take the field.

This is just a pet peeve of mine I guess. It's like why is Cumberland so good and beat both New Harlan and LCC? Because they are good!!! But when New Harlan is good it's not because they are a good team it's because we have holdbacks or are made up of 5 schools! I don't know if LCC has this problem or not. I hope you can see where I'm coming from as well!

Given middle school is not the super bowl but it's good to go out and support our kids! Skins I hope we have this problem for years and years because debating over who's better in Harlan County only means one thing success for our Black Bears!
Skins Fan Wrote::Thumbs: Cumberland has a real good football team this year. They have only lost 1 game and that was in the Championship against New Harlan. New Harlan has a good team..But that is only because they are made up of 5 schools. But that is just me

Is Cumberland not made up of Lynch, Benham, Totz, and Cumberland?
freeagent Wrote:What about Bell Co. Middle? They should be in the top ten also. They have won the last 3 out of 4 games.....and the majority of the team is 7th graders.

What about knox they beat bell 30-6
Top 5

1.LCC
2.Belfry
3.Johnson Central
4.Cumberland
5.Knox
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next