• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
Give your predictions on the top 10 Middleschool football teams in the mountains.
1.letcher
2.johnson central
3.martin county
4.betsy layne
4.shelby valley
4.belfry
7.adams
8.new harlan
9.pike central
10.shelby valleys 6th grade.
central fan Wrote:1.letcher
2.johnson central
3.martin county
4.betsy layne
4.shelby valley
4.belfry
7.adams
8.new harlan
9.pike central

I didn't know that SV & Pike Central had middle schools. Thought SV had Dorton & Virgie and Pike Central had Mullins & Johns Creek.
they combined the year before last.
pc also has kimper
valley did it 1 year before pc also east ridges is elkcorn millard and feds creek
Bell is not on this list? Is Bell down this year or am I missing something.
i ve never seen them play are they good?
east ridge will have a great team this year
barrel Wrote:Bell is not on this list? Is Bell down this year or am I missing something.

I would definately say that Bell, Corbin, and Meece are in this category. As well as maybe Whitley Co.
i thought bell lost alot of players.
central fan Wrote:1.letcher
2.johnson central
3.martin county
4.betsy layne
4.shelby valley
4.belfry
7.adams
8.new harlan
9.pike central

no way betsy lane,shelby valley, are ahead of belfry, lcc, and jc yes,and if bell, was on here, they would prob be number one on here....
:worthy:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I would definately say that Bell, Corbin, and Meece are in this category. As well as maybe Whitley Co.

Not so sure yet about Bell and Whitley but if their last years 7th grade teams mean anything for this year then Corbin (who finished runner-up in the kmsaa state finals to an unbeatable Bowling Green team) and Meece (who had beaten Corbin in regular season last year) would have to be in the top 3 in any body's conference. :worthy:
saw jackson county middle school play us dominant team saw score where they beat estill co. 30 -0 best seventh grade team i have seen in 11 years watching and refereeing middle school football. have to be considered for best in moutains. Also heard as 6th grade team beat hazard and south laurel
cuppett777 Wrote:no way betsy lane,shelby valley, are ahead of belfry, lcc, and jc yes,and if bell, was on here, they would prob be number one on here....

there tied for fourth.............that could go any way
Cumberland beat Letcher last night.so where does that put Cumberland in the top 10?
What about Bell Co. Middle? They should be in the top ten also. They have won the last 3 out of 4 games.....and the majority of the team is 7th graders.
How about the team to beat in the Kentucky Middle School Football Championships?
I was under the impression that Bell was supposed to be down this year. Are they better than anticipated or is their competition level down since they are not in a conference?
The team to beat in the kmsfaa championship this year would be Bowling Green. They beat a very good Corbin team in last year's 7th grade championship game 40-0. It was 32-0 at halftime before they began wholesale substituting in the 2nd half. They started eight 7th graders all last year on both sides of the ball on their 8th grade team the entire season and then let them drop down and play 7th grade in the playoffs. Their 8th grade team was very good regardless of the fact that their entire skilled positions were 7th graders.

On the bright side...........1 of Bowling Green's coaches told me last year that they were building a new middle school in the county and he was afraid that they might get split up this year. Haven't heard anything on them yet. We play them September 5th in Bowling Green so all will be revealed:igiveup:
1.letcher
2.martin county
3.Betsy layne
4.johnson central
4.Befery
5.Valley
6Pike central
7.Adams
8.new Harlan
9.valley 6th grade
10.Johnson central 7th grade
Is Shelby Valley 6th grade the best 5th/6th grade team in the mountains since they are the only team listed in that age group. Who are the top 5th/6th grade teams?
2008 State Runners-Up Bell Co should be on the list. Just like there high school they dont rebuild, they reload!!!!
knighted Wrote:On the bright side...........1 of Bowling Green's coaches told me last year that they were building a new middle school in the county and he was afraid that they might get split up this year. Haven't heard anything on them yet. We play them September 5th in Bowling Green so all will be revealed:igiveup:

The new middle school doesn't open until 2010 and it is a county school. Unless some people decide to switch districts, Bowling Green won't lose much, if any. I saw them play four times last year and they are very good, but not unbeatable. Moss Middle (Warren Central feeder school) will give them a run for their money this year. I also saw Corbin last year and can see the reason for the lopsided score in last year's finals: SPEED. Even as good as Corbin was, there is no way they could have kept up with BG's speed.

If you want to check out BG, they play at Barren Co. tonight at 5:30 CDT.
11hdcp Wrote:The new middle school doesn't open until 2010 and it is a county school. Unless some people decide to switch districts, Bowling Green won't lose much, if any. I saw them play four times last year and they are very good, but not unbeatable. Moss Middle (Warren Central feeder school) will give them a run for their money this year. I also saw Corbin last year and can see the reason for the lopsided score in last year's finals: SPEED. Even as good as Corbin was, there is no way they could have kept up with BG's speed.

If you want to check out BG, they play at Barren Co. tonight at 5:30 CDT.

When you saw them play last year was it in the 7th grade playoffs or regular season and who were they playing against? I'm guessing, since you saw them play 4 times that it was in regular season. If that is case then you were watching back ups cause the other players were playing on the 8th grade team. Franklin-Simpson lost to them 14-12 in regular season but got blown out in the playoffs after the 7th grade kids who were playing 8th grade joined the team.
In three of the games I saw (vs. Barren, Moss and Warren East), they played the starters for less than a half (sometimes just 2 series) and then put in the subs. It could have been the competition they were playing at the 8th grade level that dictated their strategy with regard to who was playing in which game or both. The other game I saw was a 7th grade only bowl game (can't remember who they played) and the starters played about a half as well. Our team never played them last year. But, our team had 14 7th graders that played 8th grade ball as well. 4 started on offense and 5/6 started on defense for the 8th grade team and played half to 3/4s of the 7th grade game also.

I saw Bowling Green play Barren Co. last night (won 40-8). The starters played the first half (32-0 at halftime). They ran a basic wishbone and had a lot of success with a fullback counter through the 3 hole. They ran that play 4 times in the first half and scored 3 touchdowns. The other 1st half touchdown came on the opening kickoff when they returned Barren's onside kick for a TD. No doubt, they are a great team and the team to beat in KY this year. But, they're not unbeatable. A team with good speed and gap discipline can give them a good game. Moss is the only team on their schedule, that I've seen play, that might have a chance to beat them (even though BG crushed them last year). Franklin Simpson might be able to give them a game as well, but I haven't seen them play.
This tread is about the best Middleschool football teams in the mountains.
How about hazard middle they beat clay middle tuesday 18-0 they have a good nice team
tcb Wrote:This tread is about the best Middleschool football teams in the mountains.

I agree, my apologies. My intent was to comment on Corbin, who we played last year. I'm curious as to why many of the people listing teams on this thread don't include Corbin in their "top teams" list. I've always considered them to be a "mountain" school...maybe others do not. I do know that they are a very good football team.

Glasgow is visiting Corbin this Saturday for a rematch of last year's double overtime thriller. Should be a very good game.
belfry killed martin cty last night 44 -0 how are they #2 lol didnt look to good to me
1.Letcher
2.Betsy layne
3.martin county
4.johnson central
4.Befery
5.Valley
6Pike central
7 new Harlan
8.Adams
9.valley 6th grade
10.Johnson central 7th grade
  • 1(current)