•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
From what I was told from one of the coaches, they are having a hard time getting someone to take the position of head coach of the middle. They want someone in place that will work it 100% and work good with the kids. I don't know the number of kids that are out there, but I think they have 25+in the middle school that is interested in fielding a team next year. I think they want to join the small division of the Big Sandy Conference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
jenkins rarely have enough kids to play for a football team
Top Teams In No Particular Order

Johnson Central
Belfry
Knox County
New Harlan
Letcher Central
Cumberland
Adams
Corbin
Whitley County
1- Johnson Central
2. Belfry
3. cumberland
4. Letcher Central
5. New Harlan
6. Knox Central
7. Corbin
8. Hazard
9. Bell County
10. Adams
johnny u Wrote:LETCHER
BELFRY
JOHNSON CENTRAL
MARTIN CO
BETSY LAYNE
PIKE CENTRAL
HARLAN
SHELBY VALLEY 6TH
ADAMS
BELFRY 7TH
SHELBY VALLEY 8TH grade has not beat any team on this list.When they do you can put them on the list.There is no way they are the 4th best team.NO WAY!!!! The SV 6th grade is a bitter team all around.
ok im sry i think u r misunderstanding sv 7th,8th grade team was the first team 2 score on the belfry pirates this year and it was a better game than wat the scoreboard said ...the wildcats held the pirates 2 only 2 touchdowns in the second half ...the only team 2 do that all year.....and if u have a chance 2 come 2 valleys game tuesday u will be suprised wat the wildcats have in store foor the belfry pirates.......who happen 2 be all double holdbacks and sv only has 2 holdbacks and they r both un the seventh grade
..and another thing how can u compare a 5th and 6th grade team 2 a 7th and 8th grade team.....its impossible have u seen either tem play???
Betsy Layne has to be in the Top 10.
MR. Slate Wrote:Betsy Layne has to be in the Top 10.

How many of those teams did Betsy Layne beat?
Glad to see Knox making their way on to the list. Wonder how many of these teams will be playing in the playoffs?
We (Adams) have improved since our first game of the season (Betsy Layne)
but we lost that game. Betsy Layne would have to be ranked above us right now. We are 7-0 since, but they did beat us. We could meet again in the playoffs. Should be an exciting couple of weeks !! :Thumbs:
johnny u Wrote:LETCHER
BELFRY
JOHNSON CENTRAL
MARTIN CO
BETSY LAYNE
PIKE CENTRAL
HARLAN
SHELBY VALLEY 6TH
ADAMS
BELFRY 7TH
SHELBY VALLEY 8TH grade has not beat any team on this list.When they do you can put them on the list.There is no way they are the 4th best team.NO WAY!!!! The SV 6th grade is a bitter team all around.
ok sir i think u have a misunderstanding first of all u can not compare a 5th and 6th grade team 2 a 7th and 8th grade team its impossible...this shows how much u know about football..have u seen eathier team play???...and sv 7th and 8th hasent playd most of those teams...another example of how u dont know the game i hate when people that think they know football try 2 come on here and post u have no idea wat ur talking about
Should be:
1. J.C. 8th
2. Belfry 8th
3. Betsy Layne
4. Adams
5. LCC 8th
Can't wait to the playoffs - this is what mountain football is all about. Good look to all teams. Especailly, the Floyd County Boys.
Johnson Central 8th
Belfry 8th
Bell Co.
Knox Co.
Letcher Central 8th
Hazard
Betsy Layne
Adams
New Harlan
Shelby Valley
MR. BOBCAT Wrote:Johnson Central 8th
Belfry 8th
Bell Co.
Knox Co.
Letcher Central 8th
Hazard
Betsy Layne
Adams
New Harlan
Shelby Valley
Mr Bobcat i know this is your opinion but do you really think Bell co is better than knox and new harlan? they both went 2-0 against you this year and KC just beat you 30-6 in a game that was never close???? You are entitled to your opinion but i dont see how you can justify this
#1 belfry
#2 johnson
#3 lecther
#4 new harlan
#5 adams
#6 perry
#7 martin
#8 pike central
#9 shelby vally
#10,,johnson 7 grade
ballin23 Wrote:ok im sry i think u r misunderstanding sv 7th,8th grade team was the first team 2 score on the belfry pirates this year and it was a better game than wat the scoreboard said ...the wildcats held the pirates 2 only 2 touchdowns in the second half ...the only team 2 do that all year.....and if u have a chance 2 come 2 valleys game tuesday u will be suprised wat the wildcats have in store foor the belfry pirates.......who happen 2 be all double holdbacks and sv only has 2 holdbacks and they r both un the seventh grade
..and another thing how can u compare a 5th and 6th grade team 2 a 7th and 8th grade team.....its impossible have u seen either tem play???

I think you need to check your information! There are no double holdbacks on Belfry's team, as a matter of fact, outside of maybe two players, were any of them held back? I know the quarterback is a one year hold back, but the rest of the starters, I am almost certain, are in the grade they are supposed to be in!

AND, looking at the 48-6 score of tonight's game, you guys still have nothing for Belfry!
if they have no hold backs then they are the biggest kids in the world.

I played on virgies huge teams and we had near 15-16 holdbacks one year and we would be dwarfed compared to them. 2 hold backs my hindend. thats popostourus
Back in the day Elkhorn City and Virgie dominated everyone around.
I assume that you mean preposterous? And yes, the only one I know for sure is a hold back is the quarterback! Of the rest, they have matriculated through this fine school system when they were supposed to.... including those big boys you speak of! All of these kids played last year.... before Pike County allowed holdbacks.... and, if I am not mistaken, they do not allow "double" holdbacks as it has been insinuated that some of these boys are!
:devilflamphs95 you have got to be joking.i would bet that 90% of their starters on off.and def.are 15 years old.they are no way this team is true 13-14 year olds.but with saying that this team is very well coached and is exstremly dominate.very good team.one of the best ive seen at this level.
valllyfan Wrote::devilflamphs95 you have got to be joking.i would bet that 90% of their starters on off.and def.are 15 years old.they are no way this team is true 13-14 year olds.but with saying that this team is very well coached and is exstremly dominate.very good team.one of the best ive seen at this level.

I don't have to be joking, I personally know all of these kids and they are 13 and 14 year olds to say 90% must be fifteen is ludicrous.... And, you are correct, they are very well coached and one of the best teams I have seen! Maybe some of their parents can enlighten you further to their age.... maybe some will post birth certificates to prove it to ya! LOL:popcorn:
the belfry team has only two holdbacks the qb and number 11 who is not a starter. these kids are true eight graders. and to think they are fifteen yrs old is crazy.these kids have played together since kindergarden. thats why they are tough and they have great coaching.they were so good in 6th grade that teams would not play them. as a matter of fact sv 6th was one of them. back then because our 6th grade team beat ur second string 8th that year and ur coach wouldn,t bring ur 6th grade team then.these 8th graders at belfry have owned the football program since 5th grade.so remember this teams and coaches have been avoiding this team for 3 years. time to pay the piper.:devilflam
phs95 yeah that will be the day when we ever see that.if most of these kids aint 15 there the biggest 13 year olds ever.should be in the world book of records.
I am not arguing with someone who refuses to believe that the truth is the truth!
You have to be talking about a couple in particular, and you are right, they are HUGE; guess we just feed 'em miracle grow or something! But maybe we should get back to the topic at hand....

I would say Belfry is one of the top teams in the mountains in middle school as Johnson County's 8th grade team would have to be, given that they beat the Pirates!
i do agree.BELFRYS AWSOME!
I have seen them play. S.V. has played ever team in the county. They have only beat Phelps and East ridge. East Ridge hasnt won a game and Phelps has beat East Ridge. There 6th grade is a better team. They do as there told. They play until the whistle blows. You dont see kids talking back to there coach. And they win football games!! that says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
valllyfan Wrote:phs95 yeah that will be the day when we ever see that.if most of these kids aint 15 there the biggest 13 year olds ever.should be in the world book of records.

Maybe I can enlighten you....

My son (who BTW plays for Belfry HIGH SCHOOL) would be considered a "double holdback" by your standard. He JUST turned 15 and will graduate at 17 and is a sophomore in high school. NONE of the kids on that team are even his age. NONE! AND.... Even by Pike County standards he (My son) COULD have been held back and still only been 18 when he graduated. So, basically, what I'm trying to get across to you, your saying that sophomores in high school is what the Valley team played the other night. I can personally promise you that my son nor did any other 15 year old boys play the Valley team. You played a true 8th grade team WHICH consists of 2 holdbacks BOTH under the age of 15....Smile

The QB for BMS,I'm sure you saw was no where near the size of any varsity players on neither Belfry OR Valley. He MIGHT weight 120 lbs and might stand 5ft 5in. Granted, there is a young man on the team who is a brute but you'll be amazed to know he is only 13 years old. (Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit of info in there for ya)... :Thumbs:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
My son is a freshman this year, I know of 3 holdbacks that I can think of off the top of my head.. I don't think either one is as old as my son who is a TRUE freshman.. He turns 15 on the 27th of this month..
Does anyone know anything about Raceland or Morgan County's Middle School programs?
PhatBoy Wrote:Does anyone know anything about Raceland or Morgan County's Middle School programs?

From what i hear Morgan COunty is pretty good. The only score i have seen on Raceland is they got beat by Greenup County. I would say Morgan COunty is the favorite to beat Raceland in the small school state playoffs and set up a good matchup with Cumberland in the 2nd round.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next