Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vick
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Are you incapable of believing that people can change? the guy fought and killed dogs, Daunte Stallworth killed people and noone cares about it.

All dogs go to heaven Part 3 Smile

Because no one is talking about Stallworth coming back to the NFL. I don't see Stallworth ever playing in the NFL again!
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:They were mentioning the Steelers on ESPN2 the other day. They said that the Steeler fan base was so strong that they would be able to take the PR hit from signing Vick and that Tomlin would be a coach who could mentor him. I guess you can never tell but they are a team that has enough veteran leadership to help keep him in check. Remember, it was not just dog fighting with him, there were other off the field issues as well, heck, he even failed a drug test right before going to the house.

Great job of trying to get people to realize this isn't just about a dog killer, this is a guy with ISSUES!
Stardust Wrote:Because no one is talking about Stallworth coming back to the NFL. I don't see Stallworth ever playing in the NFL again!

He just met with the commisioner wen. i do see him coming back with maybe little suspension, idk how he only got 30 days, it crazy,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He just met with the commisioner wen. i do see him coming back with maybe little suspension, idk how he only got 30 days, it crazy,

The commisioner met with him but had no interest in discussing a return. Stallworth set this up, the Commissioner didn't. Un-uh, he does not play in the NFL, not as long as the hard-*** Goodell is there
Stardust Wrote:The commisioner met with him but had no interest in discussing a return. Stallworth set this up, the Commissioner didn't. Un-uh, he does not play in the NFL, not as long as the hard-*** Goodell is there

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wouldn’t confirm the meeting.

“We do not comment on the details of the review process,” he said in an e-mail. “So we decline to comment on the report of a meeting today. When a decision is made, we will announce it.

Goodell is expected to suspend Stallworth for the season, but Stallworth’s attorneys were planning to present evidence that would shorten the suspension.

He will be back,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wouldn’t confirm the meeting.

“We do not comment on the details of the review process,” he said in an e-mail. “So we decline to comment on the report of a meeting today. When a decision is made, we will announce it.

Goodell is expected to suspend Stallworth for the season, but Stallworth’s attorneys were planning to present evidence that would shorten the suspension.
He will be back,

What would you expect them to say to their client! "Sorry Donte, we failed, you have zero chance of ever playing again"
Stardust Wrote:What would you expect them to say to their client! "Sorry Donte, we failed, you have zero chance of ever playing again"

there trying to shorten his sentence, he will be back, you know it as well as i do,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:there trying to shorten his sentence, he will be back, you know it as well as i do,

LOL, duh, they are trying to shorten his sentence???? What Sentence? I didn't realize that a chance in Sentence had been handed down.

What about indefinite sounds like one game, one season, or one lifetime????
Stardust Wrote:LOL, duh, they are trying to shorten his sentence???? What Sentence? I didn't realize that a chance in Sentence had been handed down.

What about indefinite sounds like one game, one season, or one lifetime????

He will be back, vicks suspension was indefinite to, you know this we all know this, how did we get this far off topic. the point of the matter is that vick deserves to play again, he served his time, payed his debt to society by literally going into debt, let him be
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He will be back, vicks suspension was indefinite to, you know this we all know this, how did we get this far off topic. the point of the matter is that vick deserves to play again, he served his time, payed his debt to society by literally going into debt, let him be

Vick deserves nothing! The NFL is a club, and you play by the clubs rules. It's a privelage that not everyone DESERVES!
Thats the bottom line! Now do not buck the trend LMAO! The only trend is the NFL's continued leniency with troubled players, players whom our children look up to!
Just saw on ESPN that they believe he will sign within the 72 hours with a team. Will be very interesting to see who thinks he is worth the headache.