Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Miss Softball-Amber Riddle
yeap Duck you are right... it's ashame that the top softball players in the state don't get a voice.... no one is bashing amber just that she's not the best in the state... she's a good kid and a good player.. nothing she can do about it... just bashing the coaches and how it's decided..again Good job Amber... but hey look at the allstate lists... some coaches vote on a player just because there kin to the coach and they can't play softball worth a crap.... but hey ky coaches .. but should say some ky coaches..... some need to get out... oh yea that's another thread. sorry --- I like Amber... I've talked to her several times and watched her.. good kid
outsidein when I read your post I want to throw up! You are whats wrong with High School sports. some of the things you have posted on here are terrible. If you don't like the way things are done in Kentucky move.
Hold on Dream and I'll get you a bucket.... nothing more needs to be said.. I spoke my peace and some agree and some don't. I want Ky softball to get better. Ky is so far behind.. Ky won't get better if we keep lowering the bar.... esp. in eastern Ky... West Ky is so far ahead of eastern ky that it's funny.... We have to expect more from the girls... we have to learn the game and expect more of the coaches... don't just fill a spot... coaches have to love the game not for what you get paid but for the better of the game. expect from girls as you would boys... don't be satisfied on well she is ok and she does a good job.. expect more....... these young ladies will give you more if you expect and you as a coach work harder and put in more time for the game not because what you get paid or so and so makes more than i do..... don't choose a girl just because they are from a certain area or they are related to a coach... coaches get with it.... these are not just girls they are athletes... they deserve everything you have.... if all you have read in my post is about amber than you have missed my everything... it's about athletes deserving what they deserve no matter where they live , where there coach is from, what club they belong to and you scratch my back i'll scratch yours.... sorry dream you may need another bucket if all you read into this is about amber....
It just sounds like sour grapes to me. If you lived in eastern ky for while you would see the that when it comes to awards we do fall behind. Its a little thing called the Winchester Wall I've watched it for over 50 years.
outsidein Wrote:yeap Duck you are right... it's ashame that the top softball players in the state don't get a voice.... no one is bashing amber just that she's not the best in the state... she's a good kid and a good player.. nothing she can do about it... just bashing the coaches and how it's decided..again Good job Amber... but hey look at the allstate lists... some coaches vote on a player just because there kin to the coach and they can't play softball worth a crap.... but hey ky coaches .. but should say some ky coaches..... some need to get out... oh yea that's another thread. sorry --- I like Amber... I've talked to her several times and watched her.. good kid

So the Riddles must have one of the largest family trees in the state of KY! Thats one heck of a coaching family. Dang Amber I didnt know you had so many cousins, uncles, etc. coaching softball! Your family reunions must be very competitive!!
nawwww dream not sour grapes just the truth... i know some people have hard time with the truth... oh yea over time sour grapes can turn into something great... if you need help with understanding what i mean by that just yell at me and i'll help you.... but see just what i mean over 50 years you say ok so do something about it... don't let it go on any longer... take a stand... stop it from happening another 50 years... i have heard coaches talk about well we need someone to represent the eastern part of the state just for pitty... why.. what message are you sending... lower the standards to meet the objective... ok yea right... don't put someone somewhere if they don't deservice ... if you put them there just because you feel sorry for that part or you don't want to make people upset then your not helping... amber was not hte best player in the state... good player but not the best...but she got it and good for her.... Dfenz ... well i'm not going to start with you... you have no idea..... she does have great family....
OMG, dude. I been trying to make some sense of your point, but these posts are barely legible.....

12. We ask that you, the user, attempt to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization when posting in the public forum. Posts that cannot be easily read will be removed by the Staff. Numerous unreadable posts can be grounds for an infraction or suspension from BGR.
OMG Dude, I should had been a little clearer for some people. I am sorry. I will try and do a better job on my grammer and my punctuation. If you have trouble understanding my point I will try and do a better job in getting it to a point of understanding. I do apologize for the situation at hand. I thought they were pretty easy to understand and read but again I guess for some they maybe confusing. I do once again apologize. Ring you have a great day dude. Oh yea post have said I have been giving Amber a hard time. I have said she is a good ball player and person. I have stated she has a great family. I have never said she is evil or a terrible person or player. I speak what I think. I speak what I know. I have been around softball for a long time and been around some greart players. It's just my opinion.
outsidein Wrote:OMG Dude, I should had been a little clearer for some people. I am sorry. I will try and do a better job on my grammer and my punctuation. If you have trouble understanding my point I will try and do a better job in getting it to a point of understanding. I do apologize for the situation at hand. I thought they were pretty easy to understand and read but again I guess for some they maybe confusing. I do once again apologize. Ring you have a great day dude. Oh yea post have said I have been giving Amber a hard time. I have said she is a good ball player and person. I have stated she has a great family. I have never said she is evil or a terrible person or player. I speak what I think. I speak what I know. I have been around softball for a long time and been around some greart players. It's just my opinion.

We are supposed to take softball advice from someone that can't properly put a sentence together or spell? Maybe they should spend some more time in the classroom and less time on the softball field in the "western" part of the state.
HD hey I see you like my work.. .I do my best... your right I do love the softball field... great sport.... and the young ladies that work very hard are great too... have a nice day
I do enjoy your work; it helps me to appreciate the education I have received and be thankful for the opportunities afforded me in the educational arena. You are a shining example of what is wrong in youth sports today.
LOL LOL HD some more bashing... lol ok I see know your knowledge of the game is next to nothing... I guess your a teacher or what and from what i see your probably one that just passes there student to get them out of your class... you don't expect anything from them... you don't push them to be better... But that's ok I won't bash you. Your so much smarter than I. HD your a good person don't let no one tell you different. What's wrong with youth sports??? Hmmmmm well lets see... how many kids get out of the house these days?? They play video games.. if something is a little hard or makes you sweat they quit. If mommy and daddy don't agree with the coach they quit.. If they feel there little darling is getting pickedon they quit... I could go on and on --- I guess you as a teacher never had a problem with a parent... HD your such a great person.....
Your post has nothing to do with what your previous posts were about. You have bashed, ridiculed, and demeaned basically every program in Eastern Kentucky, in an effort to make yourself look...knowledgeable, I guess. Nothing is ever gained from tearing down kids, something you are very good at.
I have watched a lot of softball...and I know that doesn't qualify me as an expert, but Amber Riddle is the best softball player that I have seen in the batters box. Very solid player.
Guys, she won the award! For those who are bashing this young girl, let it go. We are less than 5 months from another season. I think we should focus on who is going to win it this year. I will make a thread for that, and we can end this silly debate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
lol lol HD your a joke.....Just spekaing the truth... eastern Ky is far behind in fastpitch... need to work hard to make it better ... you can take it for what it's worth.... shoot come on out to western part of the state and you will see what fastpitch is.... when will a eastern team win state????? I hope soon but as long as people think as you do HD it will never happen... we will continue to be behind and never push and work to get better... That's what I have said the whole time... Amber great kid and great player.... Trimble girl great player from Manual.....
cougar your right .. done and over.... past... who is coming up....
I don't think many people have a problem with honestly or speaking your mind, just perhaps the manner and platform used to express it. At least 10 times or more, it is said "sorry, another thread for another time" or "that's for another thread". That sums it up. Post congratulations to the young lady for her award here...start another thread to bash the selection process, EKY softball, the OVC, her school choice, summer schedule, the national team, Obama, or whatever.

I know nothing about softball nor do I know any of the players mentioned...honestly just trying to help with the unnecessary conflict.
outsidein Wrote:lol lol HD your a joke.....Just spekaing the truth... eastern Ky is far behind in fastpitch... need to work hard to make it better ... you can take it for what it's worth.... shoot come on out to western part of the state and you will see what fastpitch is.... when will a eastern team win state????? I hope soon but as long as people think as you do HD it will never happen... we will continue to be behind and never push and work to get better... That's what I have said the whole time... Amber great kid and great player.... Trimble girl great player from Manual.....

Outsidein, how would you change in the selection of Miss Softball so it is fair statewide?
Dungy Wrote:I don't think many people have a problem with honestly or speaking your mind, just perhaps the manner and platform used to express it. At least 10 times or more, it is said "sorry, another thread for another time" or "that's for another thread". That sums it up. Post congratulations to the young lady for her award here...start another thread to bash the selection process, EKY softball, the OVC, her school choice, summer schedule, the national team, Obama, or whatever.

I know nothing about softball nor do I know any of the players mentioned...honestly just trying to help with the unnecessary conflict.

I strongly agree with this quote. Outsidein no one has a problem with speaking your mind and giving your honest opininon. That's what this forum is for. You do make some valid points but you become very polarizing by the way you present yourself and your constant need to impress on everyone else just how much fast pitch knoweldge you possess and how little evryone else seems to have. Please share your thoughts and comments but try to to do it in a manner where you don't come across as an pompous, arrogant, self centered, self serving jerk and you won't be at the center of controversy on every thread you participate in. Or maybe I'm wrong here and you just like to stir the pot and you enjoy the controversy.
I just checked the stats from Morehead through 8 games. Amber is leading the team at batting average and playing 1000 in the field. She hasn't played the past 2 games, I'm not sure if she is injured or what the reason might be.