Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Miss Softball-Amber Riddle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations to Amber Riddle from Rowan Co. on being named Miss Softball. She is an extraordinary athlete that has accomplished many achievements and I am sure will go onto Morehead State University and do the same!
I assume she is the young lady that has hit all the homeruns the last few years?
Congratulations.
UK didn't want her?
Well deserving of the award.
what is her stats?
Congrats Amber!
congrats but lets be honest..... she has faced easy pitching in her region and the games rowan has played i mean girls through it down the middle pitching. There are much better players and deserving players.... some school coaches don't even get to vote or nominate there players. East/West allstars is a joke and the way they decide these things are a joke. I've seen her player last year at state and east/west and during the summer. Facing good pitchers she has a hard time. She doesn't hit homeruns against good pitchers. So lets be honest ... east/west allstars does not have the best players in the state... it's a joke. Ky coaches need to do something to get it right.. instead of this good old buddy crap... get the best players
How far did Rowan Co go in the playoffs?
Best softball player ive ever seen.
What other offers did she get?
lol you haven't seen much softball huh..... look at Trimble girl from manual - mcnutt girl from mercy... brand girl from manual..... napier form allen county scottsville.... you want me to continue????? there are a dozen more deserving that played tough teams......
They why did she get it?
politics... it's all about who is who.... nothing about how a young lady plays.... they needed a girl from eastern part of the state to make them feel better..... that's why you have some girls from eastern part of state that do not belong in the east/west allstar game.... it's all politics.... they don't want the eastern part to feel bad because they have no girls representing the area.... you have some girls who are going to division I that aren't in the east/west game....... because of there coach not belonging to the coaches assoc. or there coach don't care or there coach is a a** and doesn't even nominate them... it's sad... Ky needs to change and get things right... shoot there are still girls that don't even use steel spikes..... come on ky lets get caught up on fastpitch.....
Rowan Co have a good TEAM?
outsidein Wrote:congrats but lets be honest..... she has faced easy pitching in her region and the games rowan has played i mean girls through it down the middle pitching. There are much better players and deserving players.... some school coaches don't even get to vote or nominate there players. East/West allstars is a joke and the way they decide these things are a joke. I've seen her player last year at state and east/west and during the summer. Facing good pitchers she has a hard time. She doesn't hit homeruns against good pitchers. So lets be honest ... east/west allstars does not have the best players in the state... it's a joke. Ky coaches need to do something to get it right.. instead of this good old buddy crap... get the best players
This was meant to be a congratulatory thread for this young lady, it is a great honor for her and her family and it disappoints me that someone would make comments like this and the other comments you made on down the thread. Whether or not I think she deserved it or you think she deserved it doesn't matter, she received it. I am sure there were many ladies deserving of this but only one can be picked. You obviously have issues with the pick and of the All Star picks so why not start a whole thread on it instead of spoiling a thread that was meant to honor her.
I do not even know Amber Riddle and do not even live in Rowan Co. but I have sporadically followed her high school career through the newspapers and could just imagine the pride she and her family have for her achievements. If there is someone out there with more knowledge of her stats please post, I want to say she holds the state record and maybe even was close on the heels of the national record but I not sure so please post what you know.
Wow!! Some of you guys sound a little . . . well a lot bitter!! I can't believe someone would bash a girl on here the way some of you have. Shame on you!
You come up with excuse after excuse. Things like . . .oh they throw right down the middle. . . and the pitching in that region is terrible! Come on man give me a break. Do you really think coaches in the region are dumb enough to throw Amber a pitch down the middle after she has been bashing balls on them for four years? I don't think so! She is a tremendous hitter with TONS of power! You want stats. . .well Riddle took the State Homerun record LAST year as a junior. She blasted 19 HR last year then topped that with 17 this year. She finished just short of the national HR record. She hit a total of 55 for her career. At the end of the season her batting average was .610. Although she went to bat 113 times this season she only had 69 hits due to opponents choosing to walk her. So much for your throwing them down the middle theory! Oh yeah, ask anybody on her summer team who has played in Colorado, WVA, OH, TN, NC, VA if she can hit against good pitchers. I think you will get a very quick reply of "oh **** YEA"! She wanted to stay close to home for her college career. She had visits to UK, U of L, Florida State, Marshall, and EKU just to name a few. So instead of being bitter and an A** Hole about a very deserving accomplishment, give credit where credit is due! She is a tremendous player!
lol lol see you all don't want honesty... mmm yea that's what I like to hear.... people from Ky talking fastpitch....Hey congrats to the young lady....I have all the respect for her..... good job .... great player.... great hitter.... there you go want more.... ok... she so good..oh yea i was in colorado at both at both tournaments... The sluggers made a better showing then the dusters did.... Hey time will tell.... lol lol this must be a eastern ky thread... come on out west and play with the real fastpitch players.... has any eastern ky team won state???? well north laural in 2001 if you call that eastern ky... Hey I'm not bashing her just there needs to be a better way other than what they have shoot some of these coaches never see other girls play.... how many of youknow any of the girls i mention and seen them play????? oh yea back to the thread... great job young lady--- hey anyone hear how she did at the east/west????? oops sorry I saw the list of pitchers... great job ... Cat sorry your disappointed.. it's ok just one person trying to be honest insteaad of blowing smoke... fastpitch in ky will not get anybetter if we don't push.. if we don't excpect... if we don't try to improve instead of playing it's ok she does good... we have to expect more... I heard college coaches themselves say they don't recruit girls from eastern ky cause they can't play but I guess that's another thread... sorry...... great job amber... congrats... oh yea dfenz... eastern ky pitchers can't pitch and if you say they can you are blowing smoke I have been around fast pitch for a long time and ladies in eastern ky can not pitch.. they throwdown the middle and nothing else... they don't throw junk..oh yea that's another thread... sorry.... great job Amber... do great things at morehead st. -- stay out of the SEC though...
How many people votes of miss softball? They must have thought she did good.
outsidein Wrote:lol lol see you all don't want honesty... mmm yea that's what I like to hear.... people from Ky talking fastpitch....Hey congrats to the young lady....I have all the respect for her..... good job .... great player.... great hitter.... there you go want more.... ok... she so good..oh yea i was in colorado at both at both tournaments... The sluggers made a better showing then the dusters did.... Hey time will tell.... lol lol this must be a eastern ky thread... come on out west and play with the real fastpitch players.... has any eastern ky team won state???? well north laural in 2001 if you call that eastern ky... Hey I'm not bashing her just there needs to be a better way other than what they have shoot some of these coaches never see other girls play.... how many of youknow any of the girls i mention and seen them play????? oh yea back to the thread... great job young lady--- hey anyone hear how she did at the east/west????? oops sorry I saw the list of pitchers... great job ... Cat sorry your disappointed.. it's ok just one person trying to be honest insteaad of blowing smoke... fastpitch in ky will not get anybetter if we don't push.. if we don't excpect... if we don't try to improve instead of playing it's ok she does good... we have to expect more... I heard college coaches themselves say they don't recruit girls from eastern ky cause they can't play but I guess that's another thread... sorry...... great job amber... congrats... oh yea dfenz... eastern ky pitchers can't pitch and if you say they can you are blowing smoke I have been around fast pitch for a long time and ladies in eastern ky can not pitch.. they throwdown the middle and nothing else... they don't throw junk..oh yea that's another thread... sorry.... great job Amber... do great things at morehead st. -- stay out of the SEC though...

She blasted a 2 run homer 250 ft over cf fence in the East/West All-Star game off the pitcher from Assumption or PRP, not sure which one was pitching at the time.
lol lol great job Amber.... I'm glad she done a great job at east/west even though east/west is a absultely a joke... how did she do?? at state last year i think she went 2 for 16 no home runs??? oh yea Rowan county softball field... hmmm 180 all the left center and right... give me a break 180???? shoot middle schoolers can hit that far... that's a pop up. Hey i'm not raggin her just the system. she plays and thats all and thats all you can ask from her. she's a good kid and she plays hard... but they way they choose is a joke... ky high school coaches need educated.. well some... it's all whos buddy whos and a good old buddy system... I'm glad she done well but she isn't the best in the state... Trimble is the best. Mcnut close 2nd... but some of these coaches never see any of these players... all they see is there own team and they usally talk to each other and say you vote for mine i'll vote for yours... and some girls get in to east/west because they wan't someone form eastern ky to get in so they don't feel left out.. doesn't matter how well they play just because they don't want eastern ky to feel left out... now if you all want the truth i'll tell you the truth and i won't blow smoke.... sometime truth is hard but it does make a person better... but good job Amber and keep working.... hey i have to say that Moreheads new coach has done a good job so far...
outsidein Wrote:congrats but lets be honest..... she has faced easy pitching in her region and the games rowan has played i mean girls through it down the middle pitching. There are much better players and deserving players.... some school coaches don't even get to vote or nominate there players. East/West allstars is a joke and the way they decide these things are a joke. I've seen her player last year at state and east/west and during the summer. Facing good pitchers she has a hard time. She doesn't hit homeruns against good pitchers. So lets be honest ... east/west allstars does not have the best players in the state... it's a joke. Ky coaches need to do something to get it right.. instead of this good old buddy crap... get the best players
If you don't pay your 15.00 fee to join the coaches association you don't get to vote. Ms riddle was looked at by Arizona, UCLA, Texas, North Carolina, Florida and at least 20 other big time schools. She decided on Morehead for very practical reasons, her dad is a MSU grad, she wants to be a teacher, MSU has a real shot at winning the OVC and being in the college world series. Ms. Riddle travels all over the U.S. playing Gold Level ASA softball and is one of the best all around players in the state. It would not surprise me if she is playing for the U.S. National team next year as she has hit walk off home runs against two of the national team pitchers. There are probably 50 girls in the the state that could make a good claim for Miss Softball any year but you can only pick one and in this case the coaches bestowed this honor to a very deserving player and great ambassador for fastpitch softball.
okkkkkkkkk sounds good to me.... coaches shoulde aloud to vote... ky coaches hmmmmmm ---- ok another thread.... gosh what a great chance .. all those schools man... tough decision.... who talked to her from arizona and ucla and all these so call other schools??? I know the cordinator from arizona so don't say brother candrea....who did she play for all over the counrty??? batbuster?? firehawks???? lol ovc that's all i'll say about ovc..... who is she playing for this summer????? but anyways... to bad she chose morehead esp. after all thos e schools.. what pitchers did she hit???? I need to know because I know alot of people and would bne interested in finding this info out... But I do hope she does well and gets invited to nationals tryouts but will be hard coming from morehead..... when ovc and morehead doesn't really play anyone.....
oh yea i do know she played for the dusters last year lol lol I'm not going to say anything ..... is she with the dusters this year ???? lol i hope not.... if she is playing asa gold all over the country please tell me she's not with the dusters..... please
outsidein Wrote:oh yea i do know she played for the dusters last year lol lol I'm not going to say anything ..... is she with the dusters this year ???? lol i hope not.... if she is playing asa gold all over the country please tell me she's not with the dusters..... please

Ok, Ok, we get it!! WE alll know that you think that she shouldn't have received the award. You can drop it now.
Maroon thank you for your time and input ... we can drop it... nothing else ... ok onto the next thread.....
Congrats Amber. You are a great player.
Some bitter people on here. Congrats to Amber Riddle. Very deserving.
yea there are some bitter people on here as well as some that don't know, never seen, dishonest, that blow smoke just to make someone feel good, I wish people on hear would research, see more than what's in there backyard,,,, i know such bitter people.... but sometimes bitter people are honest, tell it like it is, and somepeople just can't stand honesty... maybe because they don't know..hmmmmm wonder how many people on hear have actually seen other girls play around this state... hmmmm just a thought... but anyways it's over... but for amber i'm glad she done well.. she is a good kid.... have a great day everyone... oh yea if you want the truth ask me that's what you get
Congrats Amber
Cat Paws Wrote:This was meant to be a congratulatory thread for this young lady, it is a great honor for her and her family and it disappoints me that someone would make comments like this and the other comments you made on down the thread. Whether or not I think she deserved it or you think she deserved it doesn't matter, she received it. I am sure there were many ladies deserving of this but only one can be picked. You obviously have issues with the pick and of the All Star picks so why not start a whole thread on it instead of spoiling a thread that was meant to honor her.
I do not even know Amber Riddle and do not even live in Rowan Co. but I have sporadically followed her high school career through the newspapers and could just imagine the pride she and her family have for her achievements. If there is someone out there with more knowledge of her stats please post, I want to say she holds the state record and maybe even was close on the heels of the national record but I not sure so please post what you know.

It is a shame that someone would get on here and talk badly about a young lady that is very deserving of the honor. It is true that not all coaches nominate their athletes or even vote. But this takes nothing away from this young lady. I got to watch her in the East/West game and she was fantastic.
Pages: 1 2