Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball Lewis Co-Mason Co
AshamedLCParent Wrote:Looks like Comet08 needs to do a little Practice what you Preach. Anyone that says those boys didn't accomplish a good feat over the last two years are either jealous or ignorant of what youth sports and the game of baseball is all about. I'd say it is a health dose of both.

it says alot when you can go to state with both teams in 08 and not one kid hit a homerun but yet win a championship
Lclion4life30 Wrote:it says alot when you can go to state with both teams in 08 and not one kid hit a homerun but yet win a championship

It says state champions 2 years running.
AshamedLCParent Wrote:It says state champions 2 years running.

yes,yes it does but seriously you would think that somebody would have some pop in their bat
Lclion4life30 Wrote:yes,yes it does but seriously you would think that somebody would have some pop in their bat

Just because a team doesn't hit a homerun during a tournament does not mean they do not have pop in their bats. One of the main members of that team just launched one about 400 feet in a varsity game last weekend. Anyone can have all the homeruns they want,they don't mean much if you don't win.
Base hits win games not homeruns.

I would much rather see a kid try to get on base than to try to jack it out everytime they are up.
I agree Warrior, small ball wins ballgames.
Lclion4life30 Wrote:it says alot when you can go to state with both teams in 08 and not one kid hit a homerun but yet win a championship
If your talking about the State last year in London,Ky,played at the South Laurel High School field.I heard that 1 of the JR. Allstars,Cory Christy, hit a home run over the left field fence.They didn't win the State tournament,but they did have a player hit one out of the park.
Sounds like they had the long ball afterall!!!
ProudLCParent Wrote:I agree Warrior, small ball wins ballgames.

small ball wins games haha long balls draw the crowd
sorry i forgot about cory christy hitting the homerun
Lclion4life30 Wrote:small ball wins games haha long balls draw the crowd

i watch that game and cory if thats number 5 was getting bad i dont blame him those umpires were doing a roughf job i heard one of them say its time to get the driver out:HitWall:
Lclion4life30 Wrote:small ball wins games haha long balls draw the crowd

What's a large crowd if you lose every game? I would rather have a small crowed and a winning season.