Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baseball Lewis Co-Mason Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lewis Co Middle played Mason Co Tues and Thurs this week and beat the Royals at both games. Congratulations to the Lions. You are doing good with these kids Coach Prater, we are excited to have you in this position.
We are finally getting our bats going...............The Lions of LCMS are gonna be big contenders again this year and with Coach Prater at the helm, how could it be any other way?
ProudLCParent Wrote:We are finally getting our bats going...............The Lions of LCMS are gonna be big contenders again this year and with Coach Prater at the helm, how could it be any other way?

I knew coach Prater would do a good job and adding a quality coach like coach Skidmore to the coaching staff affirmed my pre season thoughts.
Let's keep it real Lewis will go as far as the two main 8th grade pitchers can take them. They have 3 really good hitters . If you compare them to last years team they do not hit as good 1-9 as last years team did and are weaker defensively in a few more spots. If that team had these two coaches I don't think it would be a stretch to say that team went undefeated last year.
People must remember Mason didn't pitch their big gun in either game.We saw what happen when we faced Nicholas Co's big gun. There is little doubt coach Prater and coach Skidmore will improve our players but it is unfair to the coach's and these players to call them "big contenders" as of now. I hope they do win it all again this year 2 in a row would be great.
I encourage everyone to come out and watch all of Lewis Co teams.
I almost forgot,I am not a "jealous parent" I have no child,cousin or nephew involved with this year's or last year's team. I just like to watch all the LC sports that I can.
liberty Wrote:I knew coach Prater would do a good job and adding a quality coach like coach Skidmore to the coaching staff affirmed my pre season thoughts.
Let's keep it real Lewis will go as far as the two main 8th grade pitchers can take them. They have 3 really good hitters . If you compare them to last years team they do not hit as good 1-9 as last years team did and are weaker defensively in a few more spots. If that team had these two coaches I don't think it would be a stretch to say that team went undefeated last year.
People must remember Mason didn't pitch their big gun in either game.We saw what happen when we faced Nicholas Co's big gun. There is little doubt coach Prater and coach Skidmore will improve our players but it is unfair to the coach's and these players to call them "big contenders" as of now. I hope they do win it all again this year 2 in a row would be great.
I encourage everyone to come out and watch all of Lewis Co teams.

I agree with Liberty.1 conference win,does not make us the champion.I did enjoy watching the 2 games this past wk.Both were nail biters right down to the last out.Both teams looked to be down somewhat,talent wise,from last year though.I know we will be better later in the year,than we played this past wk.Does anyone know the talent level of the other conference schoolS?
I agree LION AT HEART, I enjoyed the games as well, There is something that just doesn't look right with the defense. Maybe I am compairing them too much to last years team. As far as the other teams in the conference I haven't heard much. You can count on Fleming being tough. I talked to a Rowan person but they weren't saying much. I'm sure Mason will be tougher the next time around. We know Nicholas has the ability to shut us down. So far it will be really tough for this team to repeat. One thing for sure Coach Prater and Skidmore will get the best out of the boys by seasons end.I hope they do get going and repeat Lewis deserves every title it can get.
I encourage people who are not even coach's to quit harrasing the umpires and let them to do their job. If this continues and the word gets out we won't get a break the rest of the year. To tell you the truth it a little embarrasing for the coach's,fans and players.
Congrats to Coach Prater and the Lions. Keep up the good work.
An update, Lewis beat Rowan last night in Morehead 5-3. AND EVERYONE GOT THEIR BAT ON THE BALL.........AND OTHERS JUST FLAT OUT HIT THE LIGHTS OUT A TIME OR TWO.

Congrats to ALL players and Coach Prater, Best of Luck at Bracken today.
ProudLCParent Wrote:An update, Lewis beat Rowan last night in Morehead 5-3. AND EVERYONE GOT THEIR BAT ON THE BALL.........AND OTHERS JUST FLAT OUT HIT THE LIGHTS OUT A TIME OR TWO.

I heard Cory Christy pitched one heck of a game last night. Congrats to the Lions.
ProudLCParent Wrote:An update, Lewis beat Rowan last night in Morehead 5-3. AND EVERYONE GOT THEIR BAT ON THE BALL.........AND OTHERS JUST FLAT OUT HIT THE LIGHTS OUT A TIME OR TWO.

Lewis won both games against Bracken Co last night. :Cheerlead
Anybody know why Bracken's coaches had such an attitude and if they are always that way?
warrior3 Wrote:Lewis won both games against Bracken Co last night. :Cheerlead
Anybody know why Bracken's coaches had such an attitude and if they are always that way?

Who knows, Warrior. Heard that those coaches only wanted to play 2 or 3 innings in the second game and Coach Prater supposedly said that that wasn't fair and then supposedly one of those coaches told Prater to
"have some class". I mean come on get real, there is no one any classier than Coach Prater. Bracken was sore losers IMO.

Also heard that the bracken coaches threw a fit because LC's catcher was playing CF in the second game. Speaking of the catcher for LC, heard he had an awesome game with only one passed ball and got on base everytime but once.

Ayhow, good luck Lions and Coach Prater, you guys have lots of class and we all want to see you keep playing hard and keep your streak alive.
I don't think the Bracken coaches were too worried about the catcher playing center field in the second game.
I didn't make it to Bracken Co to watch the middle school game,but I did get to see our varsity beat Mason Co.Our JV,was getting beat 5-0,when it was called because of darkness.Sure wil be glad when we get the new field next year.Did anyone besides me,think it was sad,looking over in the Royals dugout,and seeing 5 young men,from Lewis Co,playing for the Royals?Wish we could find out the reasons our young people are leaving,and try to stop it.Its just so sad to see this happening.
I will be glad when they get the lights up on the field as well.

Quote:I don't think the Bracken coaches were too worried about the catcher playing center field in the second game.

Let me ask the good folks on this board after Lewis was dominating the two games at Bracken and they were obviously upset about it,and weren't really worried who played center field.

Was my comment tearing down the catcher? I don't understand how it was since I never mention anything on how the performed or if they could play or not.
The only thing I see is you weren't bragging enough on them and gave a couple of deserving pitchers and last years team some well deserved credit.
I couldn't make it to the game but who were some of the top players on Bracken? Lewis?
liberty Wrote:I don't think the Bracken coaches were too worried about the catcher playing center field in the second game.

I agree,I am sure the Bracken Co coaches wern[t worried who we had in centerfield the second game,or the first game,and so on.I believe they were just tring to win the games,.as we were.We are playing well right now,and I hope we can keep it up.But the last thing we need to do is go looking for ways to alienate the other teams in the conference.This is a long season,and alot can happen.There are other good teams and other good coaches in our conference.The last thing we need to do is get on here and give the other teams and their coaches another reason to be motivated against us.Our team and our coaches show alot of class,every time they step on the field.I think its time all of us as parents and fans of Lewis Co,start doing the same.
I agree. I was trying to point out the fact they didn't care then I felt I needed to clairify what I was saying . I didn't want to give other teams more reason to come after us by saying we dominated but circumstances dictated I do so. After watching the performance of former Lewis player at the JV game the other night we will be in trouble if they pitch him against us. I also agree that it is time for all Lewis fans,players etc to show even more class. And all the boasting needs to stop in all sports let the kids play show it on the court and field.
I owe Liberty an apology, I read something into a comment that you had made and for that I am sorry. I didn't mean to come across on here to give any coach of any other team any momentum against us.

I just truly believe that there are more players on the LC than just two or three who can play, that's all I was trying to get across.

Again, I apologize to Liberty.
I apologize for not explaining my post in more detail and causing a rift among us fans.. They all can play I didn't mean none could.My point about the pitchers is if you don't have good pitching you won't get very far. So far we have had 4 or 5 really good performances out of the 2 eigth grade pitchers and up to this point there have been 3 hitting the ball really well. And I do believe that last years team was a better hitting team from top to bottom they were flat out tough no slide to this years team just baseball talk.

Once again I apologize.
Liberty, I was in the wrong. I just overreacted, and for that I AM SO SORRY!!

You don't need to apologize, it's all good.
liberty Wrote:I apologize for not explaining my post in more detail and causing a rift among us fans.. They all can play I didn't mean none could.My point about the pitchers is if you don't have good pitching you won't get very far. So far we have had 4 or 5 really good performances out of the 2 eigth grade pitchers and up to this point there have been 3 hitting the ball really well. And I do believe that last years team was a better hitting team from top to bottom they were flat out tough no slide to this years team just baseball talk.

Once again I apologize.

2 eigth grade pitchers

who are these good 8th grade pitchers
who is the top 2 pitchers for lewis county
Holy cow:yikes: A person needs a suit of armor anymore just to read a Lewis thread.:yikes:
DEWALT Wrote:2 eigth grade pitchers

who are these good 8th grade pitchers

I will not mention their names on the internet ,That can lead to a unpleasent situation.
liberty Wrote:I will not mention their names on the internet ,That can lead to a unpleasent situation.

You have mentioned peoples names on here before why not now. :eyeroll:
racer4life Wrote:You have mentioned peoples names on here before why not now. :eyeroll:

First of all do not concern yourself with what I do ,Second I didn't mention any middle school aged kids names first.:eyeroll:
Hey just an update for all you LCMS baseball fans, the Lions beat the Cougars of Morgan Co. 9-6.
.Best of Luck this week with West Carter, Nicholas and Deming.

The pitcher tonight did a tremendous job.....
Anybody know what the field looks like today? Just wondering if we will get to play this evening against West Carter.

BTW, the Lions did a good job last night at Morgan. I wish the rain could have held off a little longer though. It got pretty ugly out there. I believe there was a small pond forming between home and 1st, LOL.
warrior3 Wrote:Anybody know what the field looks like today? Just wondering if we will get to play this evening against West Carter.

BTW, the Lions did a good job last night at Morgan. I wish the rain could have held off a little longer though. It got pretty ugly out there. I believe there was a small pond forming between home and 1st, LOL.

No clue, warrior. But if someone hears whether the game is cancelled or not, please post on here, as some of us never hear anything one way or the other.

Have a good day!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3