Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Cincinnati Reds
MVP2 Wrote:The Reds are drawing interest in Gary Sheffield. This could be a good for the Reds, a veteran hitter and could work with the young tanlet in Cincinnati. Dusty Baker says he wants Sheffiled be only a role player but he said the outfield is set. I would love to see Gary with the Reds. He would be good for pitch hitting and backup 1st baseman and outfielder. Yes hes 40 but I still like to see him in Cincy.

Met's win
Red's Future looks great! But will the current Reds be that good????

Last night, a collection of top prospects from the Minor leagues pounded the Reds Opening day starting line-up 12-4. Arroyo stunk up the mound again, and for the most part, the Prospect pitchers kept the Red's hitters off balance.
Stardust Wrote:Met's win

They won that but hopefully they wont on Opening Day and the rest of the series. :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Red's Future looks great! But will the current Reds be that good????

Last night, a collection of top prospects from the Minor leagues pounded the Reds Opening day starting line-up 12-4. Arroyo stunk up the mound again, and for the most part, the Prospect pitchers kept the Red's hitters off balance.

Arroyo has looked horrible his last 3-4 spring outings. Apparently he has had a flare-up of carpal tunnel syndrome in his pitching hand and is having the hand looked at today.

Arroyo may say he can pitch through the pain and take the ball, but I don't want him to. If he's pitching at less than 100%, he will do more harm than good to the team's chances.

Hopefully they decide to DL him until he is fully healthy. We can let Homer Bailey or Micah Owings (whoever loses the race for the 5th starter) fill Arroyo's spot until he comes back. Both have pitched very well this spring, and either one would probably give us a better chance to win right now.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO the Reds are in contention to make a run in the playoffs. They are very young team with a pretty solid pitching rotaion and a great defense. They only lack a good power hitter but if Votto or Bruce steps up and fills in the shoes of Dunn and Griffey then they should have a good solid season.
More Cowbell Wrote:Arroyo has looked horrible his last 3-4 spring outings. Apparently he has had a flare-up of carpal tunnel syndrome in his pitching hand and is having the hand looked at today.

Arroyo may say he can pitch through the pain and take the ball, but I don't want him to. If he's pitching at less than 100%, he will do more harm than good to the team's chances.

Hopefully they decide to DL him until he is fully healthy. We can let Homer Bailey or Micah Owings (whoever loses the race for the 5th starter) fill Arroyo's spot until he comes back. Both have pitched very well this spring, and either one would probably give us a better chance to win right now.

Arroyo looked great last night. Reds has won 3 straight games and is 4-3 now on the season. Go Reds!
they're actually pretty good team so far this year.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
too early to tell. Stardust if you can pick the one thing the reds are bad and need help in what would it be?
sp far im happy with the reds this year their hitting is horrible but get a good amount of walks in comparison to K's. votto is a beast and will get alot better as the year goes on. i like our athleticism and we're young. i dont believe wild card this year but definitely in the running next year.
Let's Go Reds
Need a few hitters to step up. Especially Bruce. The Reds are last in mlb in batting average(208) and extra base hits(22).
Reds win 3 out of 4 against Astros, after only winning 3 total against them last year. If the hitting improves,the Reds will stay in hunt for a wildcard.
is this the comedy forum?? lol
mullinstiger55 Wrote:is this the comedy forum?? lol
no thats for all yankee fans. especially after giving up 14 runs in one inning congrats!!! but you're stadium is nice...
Reds are 6-2 this year in close games (those decided by 2 runs or less). They are 1-3 in blowouts (5 runs or more).

The team is at a minus-10 run differential for the season, having been outscored 56-46. Yet here they sit at 7-5, two games over .500 after two weeks.

Why do they have a winning record so far? Because they are winning the games they weren't winning last year. The starting pitching has been good, keeping us in most games even when the offense has been a no-show. And our bullpen has been stellar, having yet to blow any late leads.

Hopefully these trends will continue and the bats will eventually heat up. Go Reds!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
11-10 as of tonight
13-11 now. 0 blown saves (Best in MLB)