Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official: Gillispie Is Out
mrfootball03 Wrote:WOW... Just heard from a high up booster what really went on with Gillispie. No doubt he should have been fired. Billy Gillispie is scum, and I can't believe he wasn't fired sooner. Stardust, if you only knew.

I've been on cats pause all day.......... Some of the "secrets" are coming out in the HOB very, very disturbing if true!!!!!
I really think that BCG should have got one more year.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I've been on cats pause all day.......... Some of the "secrets" are coming out in the HOB very, very disturbing if true!!!!!

yeah.. for real
Kyboy13 Wrote:I've been on cats pause all day.......... Some of the "secrets" are coming out in the HOB very, very disturbing if true!!!!!

Are they being posted by the same people who swore Donovan had checked into a Lexington hotel this afternoon?

Or are they being posted by the same people who swore Steve Spurrier was looking for horse property near Lexington a couple of years ago?
Bad move by the Cats IMO!!!!!! But lets hope for the best.
Sad.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Are they being posted by the same people who swore Donovan had checked into a Lexington hotel this afternoon?

Or are they being posted by the same people who swore Steve Spurrier was looking for horse property near Lexington a couple of years ago?

I get you lol........ But no denials from anyone plus the 11 o'clock press confrence make me have a little more faith than I normally would. Some seriously shocking stuff coming out about abuse of players.
Hope the next person turns the Cats around and gets them to the NCAA again!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
I Want Calipari!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I Want Calipari!!!

at Penn St.?
Jshort5 Wrote:at Penn St.?

Or the RED SOX?

I would be the happiest man alive if we got him.

I wouldn't mind to see him at Kentucky.
mrfootball03 Wrote:WOW... Just heard from a high up booster what really went on with Gillispie. No doubt he should have been fired. Billy Gillispie is scum, and I can't believe he wasn't fired sooner. Stardust, if you only knew.

I have never heard of such things, and this is with having one of the players fathers working right here in Alexandria.
Calipari tells reporters again that he's not interested in Kentucky, and apparently for good reason: Memphis is reworking his contract and he's able to contend for a national championship at Memphis.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/200...ant-coach/

Also, Missouri is working on a raise for its coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...id=4023021

ESPN's Andy Katz has some compelling reasons why neither Gonzaga's Mark Few nor Xavier's Sean Miller should leave their jobs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/inde...=katz_andy

And nobody's shown me why Kentucky shouldn't go after Darrin Horn.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Calipari tells reporters again that he's not interested in Kentucky, and apparently for good reason: Memphis is reworking his contract and he's able to contend for a national championship at Memphis.

ESPN's Andy Katz has some compelling reasons why neither Gonzaga's Mark Few nor Xavier's Sean Miller should leave their jobs.

Pretty good reading
Kyboy13 Wrote:I get you lol........ But no denials from anyone plus the 11 o'clock press confrence make me have a little more faith than I normally would. Some seriously shocking stuff coming out about abuse of players.
Is it on WKYT the Press Conf.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Calipari tells reporters again that he's not interested in Kentucky, and apparently for good reason: Memphis is reworking his contract and he's able to contend for a national championship at Memphis.

Good reads and I think they are serious but if you remember Tubby also said he was staying at UK just a couple days before he left on the big blue show. When the interest is shown by other school and the money is offered that is when we will see who stays and who goes. In the press conference yesterday Lee Todd said that they had talked with high profile coaches two years ago that wanted to meet without their name being put out there because the coaches did not want people to know they were looking elswhere. I truly believe a coach that says they won't leave will leave for some other job whether is be Arizona, UK or another program.
Any of our UK faithful watch College Gameday just now. Many don't agree witht the things that I have been saying over the last few days, heard it from Digger, Reece and Hubert.
Not just now but listened to Digger on ESPN a little earlier. What were their thoughts?
this is the hottest story in the country since the election lol...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:this is the hottest story in the country since the election lol...

That is exactly why UK will get a top coach. Just look how big this story is and where is the story about UGA, Bama, Arizona and others with openings. Nothing said except now that Bama has hired a coach. Very few schools would create this much media coverage. I am thinking, UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCLA and UK are it.
To be honest, I'd take Jay Wright over BillyD.
The BillyD thing was unlikely from the start. He turned us down 2 years ago and plus he's coaching a team from the same conference.
I just don't trust Calipari for some reason. Imo, we would be on probation soon and Memphis is going to be too.
I like Ford but he's not proven himself worthy yet.
I'm glad this jerk was fired, especially after the way he treated his players.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm glad this jerk was fired, especially after the way he treated his players.

I'm sorry BCA, how did he treat them?
From personal experience I have never seen BCG do anything that was not in the best interest or try to protect his players. IMO he is a stand up guy who always shouldered the blame but just wasn't politically savy enough to passify the babies, uh I mean constituents.
FBALL Wrote:From personal experience I have never seen BCG do anything that was not in the best interest or try to protect his players. IMO he is a stand up guy who always shouldered the blame but just wasn't politically savy enough to passify the babies, uh I mean constituents.

Be careful, you are going to get attacked for your defamation of UK nation.
Stardust Wrote:I'm sorry BCA, how did he treat them?

Trust me, I was told by someone close to a UK player that if he where able to speak with Gillispie again, he would call him every word in the book. I was also told that most of the players where glad that he was gone.

I'm not saying names or bringing up stories I've heard from second-hand information, but some of you just do not realize what all has happened behind closed doors with him and the players. All you know is what he & his players said publicly, thats it.

Even Jodie Meeks and his father have publicly stated that they agree with the administrations decision to fire Gillispie. Doesn't that mean anything?

I'm sure players are not going to come out and publicly state how he treated them because it would ruin his reputation and chance of landing a good job.
^ Ive made many posts on here on this subject, one as to why Orestes would make his comments, and scondly, I also have an insider (or Father of a UK player) that has not made these comments. Actually, the same father of a player who was rumored to be leaving the program, and his dad told him he needed to toughen up and become a leader and stop his complaining.

BCA, let's wait to see if something comes out. When it does, then the players themselves will answer to the facts. See the conjecture that we already have, you have an inside source, i have an inside source, and neither agree with the others opinions.
Stardust Wrote:^ Ive made many posts on here on this subject, one as to why Orestes would make his comments, and scondly, I also have an insider (or Father of a UK player) that has not made these comments. Actually, the same father of a player who was rumored to be leaving the program, and his dad told him he needed to toughen up and become a leader and stop his complaining.

BCA, let's wait to see if something comes out. When it does, then the players themselves will answer to the facts. See the conjecture that we already have, you have an inside source, i have an inside source, and neither agree with the others opinions.

Difference in my source and yours is that it's coming from the players mouth and not the fathers.