Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: It's Official: Gillispie Is Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just saw it reported on ESPN.
yeah talking about it right now on ESPN....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4021232

Press conference set for 4:30pm....
I wonder if this means kentucky already has a new coach why there firing him right now
18 minute meeting at the President's Mansion. That didn't take long.
They are reporting on WKYT right now.
I really hope the coach they have in mind isn't Ford.
its on espn right now with pat forde
Beef Wrote:18 minute meeting at the President's Mansion. That didn't take long.

WKYT just said it was 30-45 minutes.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I really hope the coach they have in mind isn't Ford.

WKYT is saying that UK is focusing on getting Donovan...again. They said UK has already reached out to Donovan, and from what I've heard, Donovan sent feelers out a few weeks ago to see if UK would be interested.
ComfortEagle Wrote:WKYT just said it was 30-45 minutes.
Just going by Kentucky.com's report. Either way, a short meeting.
Beef Wrote:Just going by Kentucky.com's report. Either way, a short meeting.

Well I think we all knew that they had already been discussing this before today.
mistake,mistake,and mistake
Man the media loves us. This is actually kind of exciting with all the coverage and stuff. Its like a huge event in America, especially for the sports fans lmao.
I would full well expect Donovan being the focus. Alan Cutler mentioned that an un-official discussion was made with Pitino by an alumni, but UK is not in coach Pitino's future (but surprisingly Pitino may be considering another job).

Donovan had supposedly deferred a meeting with the AD with Florida, but it was not confirmed that it was due to any consideration for another job. But, it would be a clue that he delayed a conversation to potentially entertain the UK conversation. Donovan has a $400K buyout clause before 4/1, increases by $100K after 4/1.

Ford is apparently on the short list, but all indications UK Alumni is poised to make Billy D and offer he cannot refuse.

We shall see.
an inside source says donovan is in
I've moved on. It was well apparent that it was going to happen. I wish BCG considerable success. he did not leave a bad taste in my mouth, unlike the departure of Sutton. I will root for him just as I do for Pitino and Tubby (except when they play UK).
CORDELL WALKER Wrote:an inside source says donovan is in
How inside?
Apparently at 4:30 they are announcing the replacement.
Beef Wrote:How inside?

blogger
Stardust Wrote:Apparently at 4:30 they are announcing the replacement.

Could it be true then that Donovan really was spotted last night?
Beef Wrote:How inside?

The voices inside his head.
Well i dont know who they are going to hire but they will never get a chance.. they will try to compare who ever it is to Coach P.. and that isnt fair to the new coach....... I wish we would have kept BCG.
ComfortEagle Wrote:WKYT is saying that UK is focusing on getting Donovan...again. They said UK has already reached out to Donovan, and from what I've heard, Donovan sent feelers out a few weeks ago to see if UK would be interested.

Same story that was told on press row last week during the Sweet 16. I just can't believe (personally) that a rumor spread throughout the state tournament may actually come true!
Billy D was NOT in lexington last night!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Same story that was told on press row last week during the Sweet 16. I just can't believe (personally) that a rumor spread throughout the state tournament may actually come true!

It would be a first.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Could it be true then that Donovan really was spotted last night?

Now I am beginning to believe that. Cutler said that when he tried to track it down, the Hotel (inside contact) said that it was not true. Now, I wonder if Billy D didn't do the back door trick????
Stardust Wrote:Now I am beginning to believe that. Cutler said that when he tried to track it down, the Hotel (inside contact) said that it was not true. Now, I wonder if Billy D didn't do the back door trick????

If Billy D. really wanted to go unnoticed, all he'd have to do is stay at the Catalina.
kentucky.com is saying that UK will not immediately name a successor this afternoon...If this holds true, does that mean UK is looking at Calapari or Ford more closely...Or is it someone that is still alive in the tournament?
well Gillispie has contacted WKYT and is havig his own Press Conference tommorow moring at 11
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6