Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official: Gillispie Is Out
that just screwed UK up. donovan isnt coming, Calipari, Pitino, Self, Izzo none of them will come. so who's next??? i seriously doubt Mark Few leaving Gonzaga.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I wanted to believe them, but I knew that the Donovan situation would turn out the way it has.

yeah, I would have liked it.. but I knew nothing has changed that would make him change his mind from 2 years ago.

BTW.. Calapari won't come.. Izzo won't... Jay Wright won't.. Jamie Dixon won't.. I would say your looking at prolly Travis Ford as bad as I hate to say..
Strikeout King Wrote:that just screwed UK up. donovan isnt coming, Calipari, Pitino, Self, Izzo none of them will come. so who's next???

Travis Ford
Aslan Wrote:Huge mistake. He should have gotton one more year. He's bringing in some great players next year, do they come now? Why would Billy D come? 2 years and your ran off.

Well Said, I also thought he should have had one more year especially with some more of his players. Well I hope we get Donovan now and not calapi or ford that hasnt proving anything yet. I hope Gillispie is sucuessful at wherever he ends up at.

Does anyone think this will make Meeks and Patterson enter the draft???
Give up on Donovans sorry *** and get someone better. I didnt want him here anyway, hes as big a jerk as gillispie. There are way better coaches out there than Donovan. I dont see UK being screwed, they made the right decision with letting this ******* go. There are bigger fish out there to go after and I dont think there will be a problem in landing one.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I don't see why the recruits would leave, they're not BIG time like Beasley or someone of that caliber who thought about leaving.

The recruits, if signed, have no option but to stay unless they are willing to sit a year. In the same since, the new coach has no option on not taking these players. The players signed with the school, not the coach. Their only option is transfer and sit out the 2010 year of Basketball, plus they lose a year of elligibility.
Donovan please come to Lexington!!!!
Why are so many of you downing Ford so badly? The guy can clearly coach, and im sure he can recruit as well. He knows the tradition and history of UK basketball probably better than any other coach besides Pitino, Tubby and Sellout Joe. Ford would be a big improvement over what UK had, I for one would welcome him at UK.
Stardust Wrote:I've moved on. It was well apparent that it was going to happen. I wish BCG considerable success. he did not leave a bad taste in my mouth, unlike the departure of Sutton. I will root for him just as I do for Pitino and Tubby (except when they play UK).

I like your posts on most subjects, but you were totally wrong on the BCG issue the last couple of months. You tried to put down anybody who said anything bad about Billy, but now I think you realize you were the minority on this issue all along! He was not a great coach and the biggest down fall was being a JERK! You might continue to disagree, but I think today finally proves we who wanted him fired are right and the majority. I am also glad they did not make a snap decision this time and hire Billy D. Hope they take their time and find the right fit for UK.
Quote:Travis Ford

r u serious? if UK hires him i hope they lose ever game they play next season and the following seasons to come
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Why are so many of you downing Ford so badly? The guy can clearly coach, and im sure he can recruit as well. He knows the tradition and history of UK basketball probably better than any other coach besides Pitino, Tubby and Sellout Joe. Ford would be a big improvement over what UK had, I for one would welcome him at UK.

How in the world can you justify that comment? Travis Ford has done What? And Where has he done it?

One year at in a Major conference, where he took over a team that had it's 9 of it's top ten players return?

UMass???? EKU???

No Way!
Reports, Calipari says he is not interested in leaving Memphis.
UK has just F***** them selves over
Billy D has turned down the Job as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Well let me put it this way. You and just about everyone else on here always said, look what gillispie did at UTEP and Texas A&M. When in fact he did nothing special at either school. So to me, my comment about Ford being better than gillispie is about the same as you people saying gillispie was great for what he did at those weak schools. Oh, and if im not mistaken, didnt Ford and his oklahoma st team just win a first round game in the NCAA tournament and gillispie couldnt even get a more talented UK team into the tournament. Give it up already, gillispie sucked and everyone else besides you and a few others just cant come to that realization and accept it.
Guys I Know a sports booster from Kentucky who told me today that Billy Donivan was going to come.
what about Sean Miller from Xavier???
Batpuff Wrote:Billy D has turned down the Job as well.

Well Bring on Jay Wright!
BIG FAN #1 Wrote:Guys I Know a sports booster from Kentucky who told me today that Billy Donivan was going to come.

That bus has already left. Donovan's already said he's staying at Florida.

The biggest problem UK has in the coaching search: It's no longer as good as the programs it's trying to poach coaches from.
Does anyone think Meeks and Patterson are NBA bound now?
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Well let me put it this way. You and just about everyone else on here always said, look what gillispie did at UTEP and Texas A&M. When in fact he did nothing special at either school. So to me, my comment about Ford being better than gillispie is about the same as you people saying gillispie was great for what he did at those weak schools. Oh, and if im not mistaken, didnt Ford and his oklahoma st team just win a first round game in the NCAA tournament and gillispie couldnt even get a more talented UK team into the tournament. Give it up already, gillispie sucked and everyone else besides you and a few others just cant come to that realization and accept it.

You mean, just like Tubby took over a loaded team??????????
MVP2 Wrote:Does anyone think Meeks and Patterson are NBA bound now?

PP is gone, Meeks is likley to follow.

So, next year we have Travis Ford as our coach - with no PP, Meeks, and a transferred Orton. What's that other tournament that was going on if you didn't make the NIT??? Was it KHSAA :devilflam
Patterson maybe NBA bound because he was a gillispie supporter, but I dont think Meeks is going anywhere until after next year. I think he may be a little happy that gillispie is gone, and ****, who isnt.
Where did you hear this? Ive heard alot of things but not that.
Why the **** dont you leave kentucky then stardust? Since you are such a big gillispie supporter, follow him wherever he goes and kiss his ***. Im so tired of you and people like you pretty much saying the man was a saint. If the recruits dont come, they dont come, screw em, let em go. UK doesnt need people or fans that dont want what is best for UK, and you are apparently one of the people that dont want it. **** I hate people like you. Sorry but I cant help what I say when I get mad, but some people just push me over the edge with the bullcrap they say or think they know. If I get in trouble for this post then so be it, I will apologize for the post but not to certain people.
Not a huge fan of Donovan. I would love to see Calipari become UK's next coach. I do think UK needs to hire a huge name and do it quickly. I think Ford will eventually become UK's coach in the future, but I don't think it is time.
Ok this is a place to state our opinions. Not a place to get mad just because you dont like what you read.
Am I the only person who's chuckling at all the UK fans who suddenly "aren't big fans of Donovan?" :biggrin:
TomSportsHack Wrote:That bus has already left. Donovan's already said he's staying at Florida.

The biggest problem UK has in the coaching search: It's no longer as good as the programs it's trying to poach coaches from.

Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Why the **** dont you leave kentucky then stardust? Since you are such a big gillispie supporter, follow him wherever he goes and kiss his ***. Im so tired of you and people like you pretty much saying the man was a saint. If the recruits dont come, they dont come, screw em, let em go. UK doesnt need people or fans that dont want what is best for UK, and you are apparently one of the people that dont want it. **** I hate people like you. Sorry but I cant help what I say when I get mad, but some people just push me over the edge with the bullcrap they say or think they know. If I get in trouble for this post then so be it, I will apologize for the post but not to certain people.
Ok this is a place to state our opinions. Not a place to get mad just because you dont like what you read.
Everyone is going to turn the job down, so we are going to have to take Ford.