Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official: Gillispie Is Out
yeah, they said he is gonna give his side of the story..haha
Guys, sorry if this is already out there and I missed it: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_...fired.html
Do you actually think they would announce the new coach at the same time the old coach is leaving? I'd say give an "official" press conference until Monday for a new coach, but something being leaked this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Billy Donovan and Kentucky: The chase continues
posted by Jeremy Fowler on Mar 27, 2009 2:05:17 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_...inues.html
Here are some nuggets as we wait.

--Billy Donovan's dad, William Donovan, said he doesn't know anything about his son's potential job offer from Kentucky or Donovan's interest in any offer. William said his son was in Gainesville last night, the last time he saw him.

--UF team spokesman Fred Demarest said there is "nothing going on here at the moment" regarding a potential press conference or announcement on Donovan's future.

--Numerous boosters close to Donovan said they have gotten no indications that Donovan would be leaving.

--Donovan talked with Nick Calathes yesterday about a decision on his NBA future and whether or not he needs any help. Calathes will take another week to figure it all out.

--A two-engine Cessna, flight FIV342, landed in Lexington, Ky., from St. Augustine -- close to Donovan's condo in Crescent Beach -- a little after 1 p.m. The friendly folks at the Blue Grass Airport said they haven't seen a Mr. Billy Donovan walking around the concourse.

--Lexington TV station WKYT is reporting that UK Coach Billy Gillispie will meet with school officials today.
rallo316 Wrote:mistake,mistake,and mistake

Thats his middle name:Clap:
I very seriously doubt they will name a new coach today, they will wait until atleast tomorrow. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I think Meeks and PP will both stay now. I've heard from a few people that they think Meeks was playing bad in the NIT so they'd get BCG out.
well just heard on WKYT that Jon hood my be taking another look at this since billy g is gone. according to his father.
Huge mistake. He should have gotton one more year. He's bringing in some great players next year, do they come now? Why would Billy D come? 2 years and your ran off.
will EKB have converage of the press conference?
I don't see why the recruits would leave, they're not BIG time like Beasley or someone of that caliber who thought about leaving.
About time, What will **** me off is if they hire another small guy to coach UK.
from what i heard on wkyt they said that jon hood's father said that they are gonna take another look at this. as far as the rest of the recurits idk. Billy G is meeting with the players as we speak
I heard on espnews that he was fired mainly because of the way he acted.
check this out from Orlando.....haha

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/032...eaving_UCF
First of all, thank god hes finally gone. Best thing UK has done in a long time. Second, if Hood wants to reconsider let him, I could care less if he comes or not. Same goes for Orton. Personally I dont think they will not come just because gillispie is gone, I think if UK gets a high caliber coach then the recruits will come no matter what. For those that think a new coach would be run out within 2 years like gillispie, you are crazy. The only reason he is gone now is because he didnt know what the **** he was doing, he couldnt coach, couldnt handle the media spotlight that is thrown on any coach thats at UK, he should have known what to expect when he accepted the position, as well as Barnhardt should have known better. Gillispie was an unkown, I had never heard of the man until Barnhardt brought him in. I mean I knew about him from the previous years tournament when his texas a&m team beat louisville, and I think thats the only reason Barnhardt went after him. Barnhardt should be fired as well but Ill take this for now.
I also saw where Jodie Meeks dad didn't seem very upset.
Quote:check this out from Orlando.....haha

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...an_leaving_UCF

all we can do is wait and see if Donovan comes. i sure would like to see him as the head coach
will EKB have coverage of the press conference?
I think all UK fans are about to get what we wanted, Billy Donovan is on his way to Lexington.
Beef Wrote:How inside?

A friend of an acquaintance of a guy somebody talked to at a convenience store outside of Lexington.

Hey, y'all ... is Steve Spurrier still looking at residential property near Lexington?

:popcorn:
By the way President Todd speaks, sounds like this seperation could get messy, over the 6 Million. Sounds as if Gillispie and President Todd are at major odds.
Billy D just said that he doesnt want anything to do with the UK job and is fully commited to Flordia.
The guys on ESPN News are ripping us a new one.
Statement from University of Florida head coach Billy Donovan:

“In response to the rumors circulating about my interest in other
jobs, I wanted to address this as quickly as possible. I am committed to
the University of Florida and look forward to continuing to build our
program here."

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090...date-at-UK
We could be screwed...Donovan isn't interested.
Calipari....
lol.. i have to say this is funny.. because everyone had a source again that it was a done deal donovan was coming to UK..
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol.. i have to say this is funny.. because everyone had a source again that it was a done deal donovan was coming to UK..

I wanted to believe them, but I knew that the Donovan situation would turn out the way it has.
Why do people continue to want Billy D in Lexington. He dont wanna be here and besides he aint doing much better in Flordia right now. I dont want him. We are not screwed.