Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paige Slone
I don't know this girl but it is time for another girl from this region of this type potential to come along. good luck paige slone i hope you stay healthy and the future is bright for you where ever you play ball at. I will keep up with you and i do want to see play basketball.
Big Wiggles 1331 Wrote:I seen her play this summer, I think she is as good as she wants to be. I think she could take over a game, but she worked the ball around reel well.

it would be spelled REAL well.
This is for sure her friends & family. lol
I played on her team this summer and she will NOT pass.
She takes RIDICULOUS Shots with people in her face and 2 of
her teamies wide OPEN under the basket. I am her same
age if you would like to show me how great you peeps think she is
Simply Set us up a time and place after my school hours and
we can show everyone on this forum the truth.
I will take her easily 1 on 1 and we can video it and youtube it so
everybody on here can link up to it and we can all worship her together and or make me or her out to be a big fat liar. I Most certainally do not lay claim to be the best at anything or need worshipped or want bragged on by my family or anybody. maybe because i already have a granny that loves me for who i am not for who that i wish that i were. lol.
but i sure enough can show you all the basic fundamentals of roundball
that i hold dear and know well and will prove she knows very little about them and i would love to put this crazy fairy tale thingy her familys got going to rest once and for all. The Confusedhh:proofs in the pudding.
ladycats23 Wrote:it would be spelled REAL well.
This is for sure her friends & family. lol
I played on her team this summer and she will NOT pass.
She takes RIDICULOUS Shots with people in her face and 2 of
her teamies wide OPEN under the basket. I am her same
age if you would like to show me how great you peeps think she is
Simply Set us up a time and place after my school hours and
we can show everyone on this forum the truth.
I will take her easily 1 on 1 and we can video it and youtube it so
everybody on here can link up to it and we can all worship her together and or make me or her out to be a big fat liar. I Most certainally do not lay claim to be the best at anything or need worshipped or want bragged on by my family or anybody. maybe because i already have a granny that loves me for who i am not for who that i wish that i were. lol.
but i sure enough can show you all the basic fundamentals of roundball
that i hold dear and know well and will prove she knows very little about them and i would love to put this crazy fairy tale thingy her familys got going to rest once and for all. The Confusedhh:proofs in the pudding.

Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy if you ask me. Did she take some of your playing time or something. LOL:biggrin: I'm sure the awesome coach they have should be able to tell if you are better than her and give you some more minutes. I'm sure it will take a little time for her to adjust to having others on the team that can walk and chew gum. She is used to doing everything, so instead of complaining, you might want to talk to her and let her know, in a nice way, that there are more of you that can help her than what she is used too. This would probably be a better way to go about this, than complaining on this website. :rockon: Good luck to you guys working this out.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy if you ask me. Did she take some of your playing time or something. LOL:biggrin: I'm sure the awesome coach they have should be able to tell if you are better than her and give you some more minutes. I'm sure it will take a little time for her to adjust to having others on the team that can walk and chew gum. She is used to doing everything, so instead of complaining, you might want to talk to her and let her know, in a nice way, that there are more of you that can help her than what she is used too. This would probably be a better way to go about this, than complaining on this website. :rockon: Good luck to you guys working this out.

I agree. Good post.
Wow..I thought Her family and friends would circle the wagons and agree with each other.
For your information I do not play on her team. And Frankly i have nothing to be jealous of My team is pretty freaking awesome and I myself have a D 1 scholarship on the table and smaller schools letters of interest as well. She was put on an all-Star game with me and people she slings anything up there and will not pass to an open man. thats simply the truth and a fact. If you dont believe me look at her stats. stats dont lie. If you can read. go to khsaa stats. if you cant have some one read it for you.
this girls extended family above is blowing smoke.
Paige Slone is the best freshman in the 14th and not only that but one **** of a person. She has a great personality on and off the court. If ya can't say anything good then don't say anything good at all.
I do not know her personally but when she played against my nieces team leslie County she was not doing too well 9 put of 27 the newspaper wrote the next day.
I must have seen Her on a bad game.
But as above there is no doubt she is perhaps a wonderful young
lady and I have plenty friends in that area whom are very devoted
christians as she probably is as well and from a fine family name.
And there is much more in life than basketball, Doctors and nursing
are also fine respectable and much needed and appreciated proffesion
in our amediate area. and also Please everyone be safe this weekend.
Speed and wet roads don't mix well at all.
ladycats23 Wrote: Wow..I thought Her family and friends would circle the wagons and agree with each other.
For your information I do not play on her team. And Frankly i have nothing to be jealous of My team is pretty freaking awesome and I myself have a D 1 scholarship on the table and smaller schools letters of interest as well. She was put on an all-Star game with me and people she slings anything up there and will not pass to an open man. thats simply the truth and a fact. If you dont believe me look at her stats. stats dont lie. If you can read. go to khsaa stats. if you cant have some one read it for you.
this girls extended family above is blowing smoke.

checked the khsaa web site on the games played last year, and out of 29 games had about 10 games where shooting percentage was over 30% with some in the teens. however her free throw percentage was very impressive. which shows good shooting ability, but probably had to take alot of shots in the game due to lack pf any other scorers. you see this quite often in smaller schools, then when she is around other quality players either still wants to be a star or doesn't believe in her team mates. with time will develope a higher iq and trust in others ability remember she is young.
I do not necessarily feel like Paige Slone is the best Freshman in the 14th region but she is a very good player. Let's just give it a rest and leave her alone.
I agree totally with you on this OrangenowBlue. I have seen the girl play but I have also seen others play that are really good. Just let it rest everyone.
Well first of all this is Paige's dad and she should be the one on here posting this instead of me, but she doesn't have the nerve which is one of her problems. Also, I've read all I can read without it making me sick. I have very very seldom posted anything on here about Paige or anyone else and what I have posted about her is mostly negative or the truth and I have never talked bad about any other player. We respect everyone who plays the game.
Paige has around 100 posts just on this topic alone, this is a 14 year old girl basketball player were are talking about here not a senior at UK.
Paige made her own decision to attend KCC, no one in her family attempted to persuade her one way or another, that doesn't mean everyone agreed with it.
Paige had over 1000 points in a little over 2 years of varsity play. She has had a couple of good players with her and a couple of very underrated coaches in that time at Cordia. Yea she took a lot of bad shots as a 7TH AND 8TH GRADER. She got yelled at more at home over it then at the game, even if she had 20+ points. It has even got to a point that I dont attend her games.
Make no mistake about it I'm not making excuses for her at all a bad shot is a bad shot, a bad pass is a bad pass, not hustling is not hustling. But give the devil her due. I watched team after team, put a chaser on her game after game, remember this is an 8TH grader on an average team that played every top team in the region except Knott and they almost went 500 and she averaged nearly 20 a game. Better free throw shooting and they may have even won one game in the regional tourney.
Remember I've trained her since 2nd grade and know what she can and cant do. Over the past year Paige has become more concerned about what she looks like and if she makes someone mad on her team then playing the game of basketball, something I'm sure most girls do at this age. She has lost a lot of the work ethic that she once had, watching kids in the gym after school working out on their own reminds how Paige got where she's at. Spending the summer at the park or sportsplex doing drill after drill, move after move and playing against men at LKLP, this is what seperated her from the crowd, instead of chatting on the computer or phone.
So here is how I feel about this whole situation.
Paige has the potential to be the second best player in the 14th region in her last three years, but she probably wont, she doesn't want to be. No one will pass Kendall.
Paige will be lucky to be in the top 10 after this year, and I can see a group of young girls on her team and in the 14th region catching her and passing her in the upcoming years, she doesn't mind that.
As for watching her this summer once or twice and then saying she didn't impress you, well it takes more than that to evaluate any player. And no she wouldn't take a game over unless told to.
KCC has the chance to be a top 3 team or better over the next 4 years, but a lot of things have to happened.
As far as going one on one, that's NOT how the game is played anyway, lots of great one on one players never won a championship and I never raised her to think that way.
The truth is this Paige's future success or failure lies with HER, if she ACTUALLY wants to be one of the best or not will depend how hard she works at it and if she can MATURE enough to handle it and become a leader. All one can ask of kids to be the best they can be no more or NO LESS. I would appreciate no more negative posts about her or at least admit who you are because she doesn't deserve any of them, she doesn't even have a name on here.
I know I may have stepped on toes and made someone mad, but enough is enough, even if she and I don't see eye to eye I'm still her dad.
Greg Stacy Wrote:Well first of all this is Paige's dad and she should be the one on here posting this instead of me, but she doesn't have the nerve which is one of her problems. Also, I've read all I can read without it making me sick. I have very very seldom posted anything on here about Paige or anyone else and what I have posted about her is mostly negative or the truth and I have never talked bad about any other player. We respect everyone who plays the game.
Paige has around 100 posts just on this topic alone, this is a 14 year old girl basketball player were are talking about here not a senior at UK.
Paige made her own decision to attend KCC, no one in her family attempted to persuade her one way or another, that doesn't mean everyone agreed with it.
Paige had over 1000 points in a little over 2 years of varsity play. She has had a couple of good players with her and a couple of very underrated coaches in that time at Cordia. Yea she took a lot of bad shots as a 7TH AND 8TH GRADER. She got yelled at more at home over it then at the game, even if she had 20+ points. It has even got to a point that I dont attend her games.
Make no mistake about it I'm not making excuses for her at all a bad shot is a bad shot, a bad pass is a bad pass, not hustling is not hustling. But give the devil her due. I watched team after team, put a chaser on her game after game, remember this is an 8TH grader on an average team that played every top team in the region except Knott and they almost went 500 and she averaged nearly 20 a game. Better free throw shooting and they may have even won one game in the regional tourney.
Remember I've trained her since 2nd grade and know what she can and cant do. Over the past year Paige has become more concerned about what she looks like and if she makes someone mad on her team then playing the game of basketball, something I'm sure most girls do at this age. She has lost a lot of the work ethic that she once had, watching kids in the gym after school working out on their own reminds how Paige got where she's at. Spending the summer at the park or sportsplex doing drill after drill, move after move and playing against men at LKLP, this is what seperated her from the crowd, instead of chatting on the computer or phone.
Paige has the potential to be the second best player in the 14th region in her last three years, but she probably wont, she doesn't want to be. No one will pass Kendall.
Paige will be lucky to be in the top 10 after this year, and I can see a group of young girls on her team and in the 14th region catching her and passing her in the upcoming years, she doesn't mind that.
As for watching her this summer once or twice and then saying she didn't impress you, well it takes more than that to evaluate any player. And no she wouldn't take a game over unless told to.
KCC has the chance to be a top 3 team or better over the next 4 years, but a lot of things have to happened.
As far as going one on one, that's NOT how the game is played anyway, lots of great one on one players never won a championship and I never raised her to think that way.
The truth is this Paige's future success or failure lies with HER, if she ACTUALLY wants to be one of the best or not will depend how hard she works at it and if she can MATURE enough to handle it and become a leader. All one can ask of kids to be the best they can be no more or NO LESS. I would appreciate no more negative posts about her or at least admit who you are because she doesn't deserve any of them, she doesn't even have a name on here.
I know I may have stepped on toes and made someone mad, but enough is enough, even if she and I don't see eye to eye I'm still her dad.

I agree. The debates and discussions have gotten way to personal and this is a child that is only 14 years old. If it was left up to me I would close this thread. I know there has been other threads that has been closed for a lot less.
Greg Stacy Wrote:Well first of all this is Paige's dad and she should be the one on here posting this instead of me, but she doesn't have the nerve which is one of her problems. Also, I've read all I can read without it making me sick. I have very very seldom posted anything on here about Paige or anyone else and what I have posted about her is mostly negative or the truth and I have never talked bad about any other player. We respect everyone who plays the game.
I hope this thread will be closed. I wish the best for your daughter.
Amen, good luck to Paige in whatever endeavor she wants to excel in. Thanks Greg for posting about your daughter and your personal feelings.
I know paige personally and she is a great person. Greg, way to go. Just because somebody doesn't agree with what a person does, especially a 14 year old kid, doesn't mean that you can talk trash about them. Know, I didn't agree with her school choice but it's her life. I have never seen somebody as determioned to be great as this young girl. She plays pick-up games with young men and kicks their tails. She is a great player and i'm sure by her she will have a fine carrer at KCC.

I wished I would have said something like this earlier because she is a great person and I respect her decision 100 percent and will be a life time Paige Slone fan...a person like Paige should have nothing negative in her life so like I said earlier...quit with the negative post...good luck Paige
I agree with you sir. If there is a mod in here that is watching, please close this thread and any other thread that is started about this lady. Let's move on to something else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Keep havin fun with the game Paige