Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 51 - Mason County 44 (1st Round Sweet 16)
Way to go Valley, it is truly a glorious day to be a Wildcat fan. Take your second step tomorrow night and take care of Elliott County.
Congrats Valley..Keep it up and bring home the gold
Congrats SV
Shelby Valley 51 Mason Co. 44

Shelby Valley 13 5 15 18 51

Mason Co. 12 12 7 13 44

Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena
First round

Shelby Valley (32-4) -- Justice 22, Bryant 6, Hatfield 8, Ta.Newsome 5, Varney 2, Adams 2, Ty.Newsome 2, C.Tackett 4.
Mason Co. (24-7) -- Gilbert 3, Hamm 3, Pawsat 2, Barner 4, Middleton 24, Setty 2, Downing 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Congrats Valley.... good luck against Elliott!
Great game for Middleton for the Royals. Heard he had 5 3's in the first half. Nice looking stats for Justice as well, didn't think he would be stopped.

Congrats and good luck Wildcats!
Middleton made it close all by himself, tonight but the better team won. Don't quit now guys, make those free throws tomorrrow night and win the game most of us on this BlueGrass Forum have been waiting for, and may the winner win the state title. Congratulations.
Views from courtside...

Middleton got in a rhythm early, hit 6 of his first 7 "3-point" baskets in the 1st half.

At one point in the 4th quarter, Mason Co. had made 44 FG attempts, half of those were "3-point" attempts.

After Middletons, the rest of the Royals scored 20 points.

For the game, and much of the second half, SV had a 10+ rebounding edge on Mason Co. with the Royals getting 5 extra chance points compared to 13 for Valley.

Defense will win Valley a state title. Very impressive. Billy G was in the crowd (Andrew and I actually met him between games tonight.) People were buzzing about Elisha J throughout the building, even though he didn't play his best game. Now that Valley has the monkey off their back with tonight's win, taking care of the defending champs, they will come out totally different tomorrow night.

Way to go Valley!
21.047 biggest crowd ever and even one got there money worth 2 great games
Congrats Valley. First state tourney win in front of a record 1st round crowd, 21,048 is what the radio said on the way home. Looked to me like Valley was nervous the first half. They played much better the second half. Good game Mason, way to represent your region. They seemed like a very well coached and well disciplined team.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Views from courtside...

Middleton got in a rhythm early, hit 6 of his first 7 "3-point" baskets in the 1st half.

At one point in the 4th quarter, Mason Co. had made 44 FG attempts, half of those were "3-point" attempts.

After Middletons, the rest of the Royals scored 20 points.

For the game, and much of the second half, SV had a 10+ rebounding edge on Mason Co. with the Royals getting 5 extra chance points compared to 13 for Valley.

Defense will win Valley a state title. Very impressive. Billy G was in the crowd (Andrew and I actually met him between games tonight.) People were buzzing about Elisha J throughout the building, even though he didn't play his best game. Now that Valley has the monkey off their back with tonight's win, taking care of the defending champs, they will come out totally different tomorrow night.

Way to go Valley!
Umm Jamey.. Mason had 44 points total... let alone 44 FG's. Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Umm Jamey.. Mason had 44 points total... let alone 44 FG's. Big Grin

Ooppss I meant 44 FG attempts and 22 of those were 3-pointers at one point. SV did a great job of stopping penetration to the hoop in the 2nd half.
First time that the 15th Region has had a team win their opening round game in back-to-back seasons since Pikeville defeated Boyd Co in 1999 and Johnson Central defeated Hopkins Co. Central in 2000.

Also, Paintsville had advanced past the opening round in 1996, 1997 and 1998 during their run before Pikeville in 99.

Good to see the 15th Region getting back on track.
Congrats SV, beat EC!
way to go valley... get it done tomorrow
Congrats Valley.
I'm glad they were able to hang tough with Mason County to pull out the win. Now I'll be able to go watch them tonight. Keep up the good work guys. Don't be satisfied with just one win.
I thought this was a very poor game from Valley, they are capable of playing ALOT better. But they got the win that is all that matters. More people is going to have to step up and score for Valley, especially against Elliot.

congrats Valley, good luck tonight!
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I thought this was a very poor game from Valley, they are capable of playing ALOT better. But they got the win that is all that matters. More people is going to have to step up and score for Valley, especially against Elliot.

I agree, Ferguson played great last night, Elisha can match it but the twins are going to get their points too.
Congratulations Wildcats !!! Now that the first win is under your belt, you can now set your sights on bigger things.Just do what you do best and that is play good D, and yes you must crash the boards.Play Shelby Valley basketball and you should do okay.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I thought this was a very poor game from Valley, they are capable of playing ALOT better. But they got the win that is all that matters. More people is going to have to step up and score for Valley, especially against Elliot.

Agree. EJ can't do it all. The rest of Valley must step up and play big, Im feeling that Hatfied will have a good game tonight. LETS GO VALLEY!!!
Not a good game overall for Valley but it is a great confidence boost seeing as though they beat the defending champs with not a lot of contributions. Biggest part of the game was Valley coming out of half with a quick 7 point run. Hit Mason in the mouth and the game was close ever since. Valley has to play better tonight to beat a team like Elliiott.
Honestly, it didn't sound like either Valley or Mason played their best game. In the end, Justice and Middleton got theirs, but it was SV who got just enough contribution from other players to win.

Congrats SV, and good season Royals!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]