Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 51 - Mason County 44 (1st Round Sweet 16)
Congrats Valley on your first win ever at state! Go get it done boys!!!
final
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FINAL!
Great game!

Congrats Valley!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Elisha showed up to play, good game Valley. Mason played their hearts out, heck of a game by Middleton, what a player.
Shelby Valley, rated No. 1 in the Sweet Sixteen, beat No. 2 Mason County 51-44 in the first round of the state tournament Thursday night in Rupp Arena.

It was Shelby Valley’s first win in the state tournament in five appearances.

The Wildcats won despite hitting only 15 of 31 free throws. They made enough from the foul line in the fourth quarter to survive, however.

Elisha Justice led the winners with 22 points and 4 assists. He made 8 of 11 free throws. Taylor Newsome had 5 points and 11 rebounds. Logan Bryant and Ashley Hatfield combined for 14 points and 10 rebounds. Shelby Valley shot only 37%, but that was better than Mason County’s 28%.

Mason County was led by Russ Middleton, who hit 7 threes and had 24 points and 7 rebounds. Keith Downing had 6 points for the Royals.

kentucky.com
:worthy: great game Valley! got to hit more foul shots thou. Keep makking all of us proud guys!
Most definately got to get that foul shot trouble fixed.

But very proud of the cats.
Justice was amazing in the 2nd half!
He really stepped it up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Ohhhh Yeahhhhhh
Looks like BBOF won his bet with Zulu, won't be seeing his name for a week.
WOO HOO!!!

TongueirateSho

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WHEW no ZULU for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Looks like BBOF won his bet with Zulu, won't be seeing his name for a week.

Yeah, Mason was going to blow out Valley, remember?

LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OHHH YEAHHH!
Big Grin
No Zulu, No Zulu!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Way To Go "big Valley".....................we All Knew You Could Do It. Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, Shelby Valley!!! Nice job on knocking off Mason County, looks like they will be coming back to Maysville sooner than they thought...............Let's go for that state title and bring it home to the mountains of Pike County..
Congratulations SV! If they can improve free throw percentage they will be very tough to beat.

Andrew at 93.1 did a fantastic job calling the game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Congrats Valley on your first win ever at state! Go get it done boys!!!

NIce Win
I listened to it on the radio. Bring home STATE WILDCATS!!!!:rockon: :notworthy
woo congrats valley..
good luck in rest of tournament..
Congrats Valley
congrats Valley.
Way to Go Valley!!! So proud!!!!! Can't wait to be there tomorrow night!:Clap:
awesome.... listened to the game while wrenching on the car..... They really need to improve their freethrows ..... If they could hit them they would be very hard to beat.....

Congrats Valley... Hope you win it all
Congrats Valley!
Wish I was there to cheer you guys on in person.
Congrats to Valley! Represent the 15th well.
Congrats Valley on the win.
Mason Co. played well defensively, but I felt like SV was 15-20 points better. You could really tell that the atmosphere was bothering some of their players. I think Valley actually out-rebounding Mason, but they have to get tougher on the boards, especially Adams. Valley's defense, as usual, was amazing and won them the game tonight. Justice got player of the game and was well deserved.
YAAAAAAAAAAY. I wish they couldve done this while I was in school. But its still awesome nonetheless.
Easily the biggest crowd I'd ever seen at Rupp for a State Tournament game, especially in the 1st round. Congrats to SV, and good luck tomorrow. I wouldn't be shocked to see a bigger crowd tomorrow if it is Shelby Valley vs. Elliot County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good Job! :Cheerlead Good Luck Tomorrow!
Great win!:rockon: