Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2009
I did not get to see the practice yesterday, so how did the passing part of the game go?
it was looking good, i saw Jared Tackett make a good catch on a corner route to keep both feet in bounds, matt Logan ran a good screen pass, Clark Keene ran some good routes and had a touchdown catch, and Taylor Ratliff run a good twirl route for a touchdown..
They were looking very good!
Captain Crook Wrote:oach Howard will do fine in Pikeville! Remember Hillard is just phone call awy!

Exactly, i am sure he will be called a couple of times throughout the year...lol
i know, right? Wrote:it was looking good, i saw Jared Tackett make a good catch on a corner route to keep both feet in bounds, matt Logan ran a good screen pass, Clark Keene ran some good routes and had a touchdown catch, and Taylor Ratliff run a good twirl route for a touchdown..

I saw the game and they do look very well.
Clark Keene is going to be a good impact for the Panthers
i know, right? Wrote:it was looking good, i saw Jared Tackett make a good catch on a corner route to keep both feet in bounds, matt Logan ran a good screen pass, Clark Keene ran some good routes and had a touchdown catch, and Taylor Ratliff run a good twirl route for a touchdown..

Taylor Ratliff is the most experienced one out there.
I saw Matt Logan and he going to be a heck of player but i heard hes struggling in the classroom
j-strong Wrote:Taylor Ratliff is the most experienced one out there.
I saw Matt Logan and he going to be a heck of player but i heard hes struggling in the classroom

He is, is strugling really bad actually one of my children have classes with him and they say he is extremely lazy in the classroom.
I'm wanting to know if the offensive line is up to. For a while now the line has done so hot. Who did have on the line and how strong they are and if any of them are any good.
gobigblue65 Wrote:I'm wanting to know if the offensive line is up to. For a while now the line has done so hot. Who did have on the line and how strong they are and if any of them are any good.

Justin "Tibbs" Mullins and Jared "Moose" Anderson are the 2 biggest!!
gobigblue65 Wrote:I'm wanting to know if the offensive line is up to. For a while now the line has done so hot. Who did have on the line and how strong they are and if any of them are any good.

I have experience in running this offense and you dont have to have big huge lineman to block every play. The lineman still have to be big but they have to be quickk also. I think that Pikevilles O-Line will do a lot better in this spread offense
Well how fast are their lineman then?
j-strong Wrote:I saw the game and they do look very well.
Clark Keene is going to be a good impact for the Panthers

Seems as though Ben has learned from Copley's misstakes. Clark and Steven should have been playing all along had Copley not taken Jacksons philosophy and not let them have their weekends to play baseball. If they give Football 100 % all week, then what they do on the weekend should be there business.
They would have impacted last year, just in depth if nothing else.
Who is all the teams playing in the Pike County Bowl this year and who play each other?
gobigblue65 Wrote:Well how fast are their lineman then?

Justin Mullins runs about a 4.8
Jared "Moose" Anderson runs a 5.0
Ben Staggs runs a 5.0
Black Robinson runs a 5.1

They are pretty fast and i hear that they are working on there speed work everyday
How big are they are? How strong are they?
j-strong Wrote:Justin Mullins runs about a 4.8
Jared "Moose" Anderson runs a 5.0
Ben Staggs runs a 5.0
Black Robinson runs a 5.1

They are pretty fast and i hear that they are working on there speed work everyday

This is very impresive because from:1: what i hear these are not small lineman.
Big Five-0- Wrote:This is very impresive because from:1: what i hear these are not small lineman.

There not but we lost two of our largest last year. The lineman have been working really hard to get faster everyday
Big Five-0- Wrote:This is very impresive because from:1: what i hear these are not small lineman.

Pikeville lost Ethan Murray starting center and Trey Branham started D-line and O-line and they were HUGE!!!
i know, right? Wrote:Pikeville lost Ethan Murray starting center and Trey Branham started D-line and O-line and they were HUGE!!!

Yes i remember both. They were big contributors to the program. I know trey was very strong & Ethan really improved in his senior year.What about Dusty Khoshreza ? I remember he had decent size as well. :thanks:
Quote:There not but we lost two of our largest last year. The lineman have been working really hard to get faster everyday

They are big but they wasn't the largest. Dusty Khoshreza and Justin Mullins were all around bigger, yes trey was stronger than them
Big Five-0- Wrote:Yes i remember both. They were big contributors to the program. I know trey was very strong & Ethan really improved in his senior year.What about Dusty Khoshreza ? I remember he had decent size as well. :thanks:

Dusty Khoshreza will be taking over Ethan Murray's job at center. He's really improved on his long snapping and i thonmk he will fill the posistion good this year
Dusty is a big guy who brings a lot of enthusaism when he steps out onto the field, we can get a team fired up and he plays hard!
i know, right? Wrote:Dusty is a big guy who brings a lot of enthusaism when he steps out onto the field, we can get a team fired up and he plays hard!

yeah i saw him at the Paintsville game lasy year for the district championship game and he got everyone fired up and Pikeville played the best game they had played al year
j-strong Wrote:yeah i saw him at the Paintsville game lasy year for the district championship game and he got everyone fired up and Pikeville played the best game they had played al year

Thanks for the info.:thanks: :rockon:
Im proud as I can be of Dusty. From about midway through the season last year till now the light switch has turned on for him and hes been a different player ever since. He one of these kids who loves to play and that type of attitude is infectious and will do nothing but help this team.
If Brahnam is a Senior. Who are they looking at to be Qb in the future after Brahnam.

Sorry if I miss spelled his name. I apologize.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im proud as I can be of Dusty. From about midway through the season last year till now the light switch has turned on for him and hes been a different player ever since. He one of these kids who loves to play and that type of attitude is infectious and will do nothing but help this team.

I know exactly what you are saying. I saw this in him last year. A huge plus for the team. He probably goes about what 270, 280 ??:notworthy

These are our top 6 lineman heights and weights
6'6" 280 - 6'3" 260 - 6'1" 280 - 6'1" 260 - 6'1" 250 - 6'2" 225
What about the speed of some of these backs and receivers?
TRAIN85 Wrote:These are our top 6 lineman heights and weights
6'6" 280 - 6'3" 260 - 6'1" 280 - 6'1" 260 - 6'1" 250 - 6'2" 225

NOT small by any means!!!!!!! :thanks: Really looking foward to this season.
MisterPerfect Wrote:If Brahnam is a Senior. Who are they looking at to be Qb in the future after Brahnam.

Sorry if I miss spelled his name. I apologize.

Jared Tackett is wha i have heard