Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2009
Pond creek nation Wrote:You would figure he would come to belfry to be on a better football teamTongueirateSho

Did you ever think that education may have something to do with it?????:dontthink
Big Five-0- Wrote:Did you ever think that education may have something to do with it?????:dontthink

100% correct.
i know, right? Wrote:As of right now who will be playing the reciever positions for Coach Howard and the Panthers?

We have sevral right now who will catch passes next year. Matt Logan, Anthony Evans, Clark Keene, The Tackett Twins, Steven Layne, and Randy Maynard have all caught the ball real well during spring practice.
How is the RB position looking HP?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:We have sevral right now who will catch passes next year. Matt Logan, Anthony Evans, Clark Keene, The Tackett Twins, Steven Layne, and Randy Maynard have all caught the ball real well during spring practice.

sounds like a great group with the Tackett twins the tallest ones of the group but it seems like a youing group of kids
jetpilot Wrote:How is the RB position looking HP?

I need that answered too Bro.:thanks:
Is it a possibility of this Freshman class winning a State Title in there career?
jetpilot Wrote:How is the RB position looking HP?
JR Robinson and Ross Mccoy have both looked good in spring ball so far. I see these 2 sharing the load at RB next season with Clarky in the mix as well.
i know, right? Wrote:sounds like a great group with the Tackett twins the tallest ones of the group but it seems like a youing group of kids

4 jrs and 3 sophomores is a little young but not bad.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:4 jrs and 3 sophomores is a little young but not bad.

How many seniors?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:We have sevral right now who will catch passes next year. Matt Logan, Anthony Evans, Clark Keene, The Tackett Twins, Steven Layne, and Randy Maynard have all caught the ball real well during spring practice.

I can't believe I left Taylor Ratliff out. He might be the best out of this group and certainly the most experienced.
MisterPerfect Wrote:How many seniors?

I think we have 6 or 7 Im not sure.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I think we have 6 or 7 Im not sure.

Does all 6 or 7 start?
MisterPerfect Wrote:How many seniors?

MisterPerfect Wrote:Does all 6 or 7 start?

5 of them do
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:5 of them do

Alright, Thank You for this information HP. I know it's a lot of questions. Just trying to keep updated.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Alright, Thank You for this information HP. I know it's a lot of questions. Just trying to keep updated.

No problem. Just give me some publishing royalties when you get the book done LOL!Wink
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:No problem. Just give me some publishing royalties when you get the book done LOL!Wink

Oh don't worry. I will. LOL:Thumbs:
:thanks: I was not able to watch spring practice so really appreciated the info. Looking forward to both the running and passing game this year. This new offense should be fun to watch this year.
Big Five-0- Wrote::thanks: I was not able to watch spring practice so really appreciated the info. Looking forward to both the running and passing game this year. This new offense should be fun to watch this year.
One thing is for sure. The opposing defenses are not gonna be able to send 11 every play this year.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:One thing is for sure. The opposing defenses are not gonna be able to send 11 every play this year.

What exactly do you mean by this HP?

I don't get it. Sorry.
MisterPerfect Wrote:What exactly do you mean by this HP?

I don't get it. Sorry.
All it means is last year with the offense we had opposing defenses were able to stack 11 in the box and fire gaps every play without fear getting burnt by a pass. With the offense we have now their not gonna be able to do that now.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:All it means is last year with the offense we had opposing defenses were able to stack 11 in the box and fire gaps every play without fear getting burnt by a pass. With the offense we have now their not gonna be able to do that now.

Oh I get you know. And that is a great point. Last year the Panthers offense was to run it up the gut ever single play. And that really hurt P-ville.IMO
MisterPerfect Wrote:Oh I get you know. And that is a great point. Last year the Panthers offense was to run it up the gut ever single play. And that really hurt P-ville.IMO

They really had no other great options except for Daniel Harmon.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:They really had no other great options except for Daniel Harmon.

True. But, they had Baker which could catch anything.
MisterPerfect Wrote:True. But, they had Baker which could catch anything.

I agree. Baker wasn't used properly last year IMO. Pikeville should have ran a lot more designed plays for him. Maybe some jailbreak screens or some deep routes.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. Baker wasn't used properly last year IMO. Pikeville should have ran a lot more designed plays for him. Maybe some jailbreak screens or some deep routes.

Good point.
oach Howard will do fine in Pikeville! Remember Hillard is just phone call awy!
So how is the spring practice for the panthers lookin, I havent been able to get to there practices.
We had our final spring practice today and it was an intersquad scrimmage. I saw some players who stood out to me especially Clark Keene, that kid was all over the field today. The thing I was most impressed by was the attitude of the kids. You could tell they were really having fun out there. Plus I saw something that has been missing around here for a few years: aggressiveness. I saw a bunch of kids mixing it up out there. Hey there was even a fight broke out between two players. For the past 5 years the players, for the most part, have acted like they were afraid of hurting someones feelings if they laid a hard hit in practice. Today I saw plenty of good licks from a bunch of different people. Today I saw a Pikeville Football team that played like Pikeville teams should instead of watching "Betsy Layne in Maroon". We still have some work to do but IMO we are definately on the right track.
Good Luck to the Panthers this year.