Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Williams or Jodie Meeks???
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Looks like their attempts will never end Stardust..

:BigLaugh:

ODM43, I've grown bored with it.

To the purpose of the thread itself, both players are very good and do different things. There are expected to different things. Meeks plays the guard position and he does it as a Junior at the level that has him considered as National POY potential. TWill is a very good player as well. He puts up great numbers as a forward for a team that does not have a guard the caliber of UK. TWill is needed for UofL. Who is better, that is up for debate, but if you are going to debate, either debate with sound opinions or facts.

a lot of the infoamtion that has been thrown out here as facts about Williams are completley inaccurate, which makes these two's arguments hurt the case for Williams, not help in the debate. :please:

I've moved on :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:ODM43, I've grown bored with it.

To the purpose of the thread itself, both players are very good and do different things. There are expected to different things. Meeks plays the guard position and he does it as a Junior at the level that has him considered as National POY potential. TWill is a very good player as well. He puts up great numbers as a forward for a team that does not have a guard the caliber of UK. TWill is needed for UofL. Who is better, that is up for debate, but if you are going to debate, either debate with sound opinions or facts.

a lot of the infoamtion that has been thrown out here as facts about Williams are completley inaccurate, which makes these two's arguments hurt the case for Williams, not help in the debate. :please:

I agree 100%.

You probably won't see another post in this thread from me.
meeks might actually have some more assists if he had a team that coud hit shots lol! sorry but its true. every time he touches the ball he is basically double teamed. as of lately the only time they want him to get the ball is if there 5 seconds on the shot clock and he has to throw it up. if he stays next year with an addition of some actually college caliber players you'll see them stats. twill actually has people he can pass it too and i dont seem teams worrying about him EVERY SINGLE TIME down the court:dontthink but as usual the loserville haters come out and stand up for there guy cause they know he actually would have no chance:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:ODM43, I've grown bored with it.

First of all, lose the condescending attitude... If you want to quit debating because my opinion is different from yours, fine. Don't disrespect my opinion because it is different from yours.

As far as your "completely wrong" in regards to my comment on Meeks, it's completely wrong IN YOUR OPINION. And just to clarify, are you saying Terrence Williams was on NOBODY'S draft board last season?
Stardust Wrote:Look, you've lost all credibility on here. Your rants of make believe stats for Williams. The thread was about who was better, everyone was attempting to do that, but then you bing posting COMLETE NONSENSE that had ZERO factual background. Completely made-up stats and stories that has now completely taken away any legitimacy to your rantings.

How can you make a case for Williams when you don't even know what he has done!

IF I WANTED YOUR CREDIBILITY I WOULD ASK FOR IT
beasy_bo Wrote:meeks might actually have some more assists if he had a team that coud hit shots lol! sorry but its true. every time he touches the ball he is basically double teamed. as of lately the only time they want him to get the ball is if there 5 seconds on the shot clock and he has to throw it up. if he stays next year with an addition of some actually college caliber players you'll see them stats. twill actually has people he can pass it too and i dont seem teams worrying about him EVERY SINGLE TIME down the court:dontthink but as usual the loserville haters come out and stand up for there guy cause they know he actually would have no chance:igiveup:

NO CHANCE OK WHAT EVER but you put your vote in on what he could do if he had teammates.. he probaly woud shoot all the shots still and I would take meeks as a scorer but nothin else
meeks is a great shooter dont get me wrong but I would rather have TWILL on my team.... He does things besides score.....
DeuceUL Wrote:Meeks gives you points, and nothing else... I understand that works in the SEC, but other things can be just as important in the Big East. I'll take T-Will getting 13, 10, and 7 over Meeks any day...

It is obvious you have never watched Meeks play defense!!!!
theVILLE Wrote:TWILL ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.... MEEKS GIVES POINTS AND 1-3 ASSISTS....ON THE EXCCEPTION OF HIS 54 POINT PERFORMANCE AND 45 POINT THIS PAST WEEKEND THAN HE IS JUST A SCORER AND AVERAGES ABOUT THREE ASSSISTS

It is funny how some UL fans refuse to admitt to a player being great, just because he plays for UK. what you guys are saying on here would be like a UK fan saying UL is a bad team and does not belong in the top 25.I am a UK fan and think ul has a great team and coach, I just cheer for who ever they are playing to beat them, except if it is Duke or UNC.
DukeFan4life Wrote:Jodie Meeks Outstanding shooter id rather have him then Terrence Williams anyday

And that is from a duke fan! actually most Duke fans know college bball.
Stardust Wrote:Are you that foolish to think that the POY will go to him just because he scores! You just amaze me with just how..........

:HitWall: So many things I want o say but I don't want to be suspended.

Well what ever it was an opinon question and yes I think that twill is better overall..... meeks a scorer nothing else and get out of those blue shades and into realization than you may realize it.... and yes explain what else he does to get POY besides score.... PM ON THAT ONE:blabbermo
[quote=sstack]It is funny how some UL fans refuse to admitt to a player being great, just because he plays for UK. what you guys are saying on here would be like a UK fan saying UL is a bad team and does not belong in the top 25.I am a UK fan and think ul has a great team and coach, I just cheer for who ever they are playing to beat them, except if it is Duke or UNC.[/Qgood about UOTE]

the purpose of this thread had to be to TRY TO PROVE that a uk player was better than ULs ( not in my opinon) because thats the only thing about UK thats possibly better than UOFL because the team isnt.. TWILL ANYDAY OF THE YEAR AS A PLAYER.....I admitted that he was a better scorer but TWILL is the better player do answer the comment above here....
sstack Wrote:It is obvious you have never watched Meeks play defense!!!!

No nobody has, thats why TWILL IS BETTER
you cant honestly thing to ask a question on here like this becasue anything ky they thing its the best.... and you could as who is better michael Porter or Michael Jordan and they would say porter
theVILLE Wrote:you cant honestly thing to ask a question on here like this becasue anything ky they thing its the best.... and you could as who is better michael Porter or Michael Jordan and they would say porter

Lmao I dont think we would go that far... The majoity of ppl here dont like Porter anyway:Clap:
bleedinblue3 Wrote:come on, is this a real question?

Jodie Meeks... hands down. He is a candidate for National Player of the Year, leads the SEC (toughest conference in NCAA) in scoring, has had 5 games with 40+ points, is lightning fast with the ball, can find his way to goal for easy baskets or blow you away from outside with his three pointers, and has the best looking shot out of all athletes in NCAA.

anything else I can add to this man's resume?

you obviousley have no ideda do you if you think the sec is the toughest conference... just because the cats got beat 4 games in conference play doesnt mean that it is strong:lmao:
theVILLE Wrote:you cant honestly thing to ask a question on here like this becasue anything ky they thing its the best.... and you could as who is better michael Porter or Michael Jordan and they would say porter

GREAT POST THE BEST AND THE MOST TRUE
sstack Wrote:It is funny how some UL fans refuse to admitt to a player being great, just because he plays for UK. what you guys are saying on here would be like a UK fan saying UL is a bad team and does not belong in the top 25.I am a UK fan and think ul has a great team and coach, I just cheer for who ever they are playing to beat them, except if it is Duke or UNC.

Jodie Meeks is a fine ball player, any team would be lucky to have him...

At the same time, he's not a better all-around player than Terrence Williams.
the_VILLE Wrote:you obviousley have no ideda do you if you think the sec is the toughest conference... just because the cats got beat 4 games in conference play doesnt mean that it is strong:lmao:

This is about the only intelligent thing you have posted, I have to agree with you on this.
bleedinblue3 Wrote:come on, is this a real question?

Jodie Meeks... hands down. He is a candidate for National Player of the Year, leads the SEC (toughest conference in NCAA) in scoring, has had 5 games with 40+ points, is lightning fast with the ball, can find his way to goal for easy baskets or blow you away from outside with his three pointers, and has the best looking shot out of all athletes in NCAA.

anything else I can add to this man's resume?

How in the world did I miss this post?? :thatsfunn :lmao:
both are good players teams would be glad to have either of these players
theVILLE Wrote:NO CHANCE OK WHAT EVER but you put your vote in on what he could do if he had teammates.. he probaly woud shoot all the shots still and I would take meeks as a scorer but nothin else

Meeks averages 16 FG attempts a game and 25 ppg while Williams averages 12 FG attempts and 13 ppg. I can live with with a player taking 4 more shots if he is going to score 12 more points.
If i had a team that already had a true scorer (a Kobe type player who will get you 25-30 on a regular basis) i would probably go with Williams because he would improve that team with everything he can do. But, if i was starting over and had to choose which player i would build around it would be Meeks because he can get the job done on both ends of the court and take over the game when needed.
In no way was i comparing Meeks to Kobe. I was just making a point that Jodie is a true scorer, but by no means is he on the level of NBA elite.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Meeks averages 16 FG attempts a game and 25 ppg while Williams averages 12 FG attempts and 13 ppg. I can live with with a player taking 4 more shots if he is going to score 12 more points.

meeks is all threes most the time though... and what about assists that counts too meeks doesnt have many of those and rebounds and steals.. well I can live with a player dishing the ball and letting other people score little too...... Meeks is a great player dont get me wrong but williams is more of A PLAYER NOT JUST SHOOTER....
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If i had a team that already had a true scorer (a Kobe type player who will get you 25-30 on a regular basis) i would probably go with Williams because he would improve that team with everything he can do. But, if i was starting over and had to choose which player i would build around it would be Meeks because he can get the job done on both ends of the court and take over the game when needed.

still in that case I would take williams in restarting becasue he gets other open and gets the ball to them to BUILD there confidence:1:
I'll take Meeks any day over Williams.
Meeks-Uk would not be as good as they are now without him. He's scored 685 points this season. Uk as a team has only scored 2071.
Williams- Has only scored 337 points this season with louisville scoring 2003 points.
I know scoring isn'y everything but its clear Meeks helps out his team alot more.
I can't believe this debate is still going on.
I think now I have my point here...the draft is over and TWILL goes 11th overall as for meeks he went 11th overall....oh wait the difference is the round...TWILL was 1st and meeks was secong..
WOOOO Twill and Clarke both earlt 1ST ROUNDERS
theVILLE Wrote:I think now I have my point here...the draft is over and TWILL goes 11th overall as for meeks he went 11th overall....oh wait the difference is the round...TWILL was 1st and meeks was secong..
WOOOO Twill and Clarke both earlt 1ST ROUNDERS

Nope, you've made no vaild point here. If Meeks was a three he would have been better TWILL, or if TWILL was a two, Meeks would have been a better two. TongueirateSho