Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Billy G said recently
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Not only was the 1996 team one of the best (maybe THE BEST) team at UK, but it's easily one of the top 2-3 ALL-TIME in the NCAA!!! That team was unbelievable to watch.

But as for Gillispie...I will say that I don't agree with everything he does. Some of his tactics and some of the decisions he makes makes me scratch my head, but he got hired to coach the greatest men's basketball program for a reason. He's only in his 2nd year! Give the man a break! If his teams are still "mediocre" in 3-4 years, then sure, go ahead and start calling for his head. But to judge a coach by his record through one a half years on the job is completely unfair!!!!

Good post
Homer Simpson Wrote:Daniel Orton
Pattrick Patterson
Darius Miller
Jodie Meeks
Deandre Liggins
John Hood
all top 50 players

Thats talent out of HS, not a team. Darius Miller came to KY like all the other MR. Basketballs usually do. Liggins is ok at times, but not as good as he thinks he is. I wish we still had Jasper.
Joeboss Wrote:WELL HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS ISSUE!
Billy has a team that has more talent than any of the teams that Pitino ever had. I am serious when I say this. The team today has more talented kids than any team I have seen since Rupps era. The problem is getting the players in the correct position and also the necessary coaching psychology that gets the players motivated to their capabilities. Currently they are running on half speed when it comes to motivation and hussel.
If the disciplinary issues arent corrected the fans among others will demand somebody's head and it wont take long before we hear the cries...

Yeah good joke man...really funny!!
Joeboss Wrote:WELL HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS ISSUE!
Billy has a team that has more talent than any of the teams that Pitino ever had. I am serious when I say this. The team today has more talented kids than any team I have seen since Rupps era. The problem is getting the players in the correct position and also the necessary coaching psychology that gets the players motivated to their capabilities. Currently they are running on half speed when it comes to motivation and hussel.
If the disciplinary issues arent corrected the fans among others will demand somebody's head and it wont take long before we hear the cries...

:thatsfunn :lmao: :BigLaugh: