Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 25 - East Carolina 19 (Liberty Bowl)
First of all I want to mention one kid whos name has not been mentioned. RANDELL BRUDEN I for one had never heard of this kid and watched every game this past season and he made some very nice plays late in the fourth while our Top DB was out. This kid could be another Trevard Lindley. Hopefully Lindley stays and we could have two of the best corners in the sec next season.

I was at work during this game and our whole break room was full of fans watching the game. They could hear us all the way back in the building cheering it was a nice spectacle to prove how far along the fan base has come. Jones ended his carrer with a stealer last four games. Hartline could have very well secured his spot for the home opener next season. And what much more could be said about our defense. Absolutley a phenominal come back after a horrid first half. To think just 3 offseasons ago they were trying to get rid of Brooks. Now he has put him self in position to be notorized as one of the best head coaches that the University of Kentucky has ever had. LETS GO CATS. Another side note our offense did this all with out Lyons AND Cobb. And our highly recurited WR Aaron Boyd.

I think our WRs finally hit showed their potential and what a great time to do it.
Burden was a tremendous athlete comming out of LaGrange a couple of years ago. He stepped and played well when he got his chance.
Just got back from Memphis and I am full of pride for UK, in particular the Seniors. My seats were three rows off the field smack in the middle of the ECU side... needless to say we took quite of bit of smack talk to quickly see the ECU fans shut up real quick.

I am so proud of David Jones. We had became friends with the gentleman sitting directly behind us and literally the second I pointed out Jones was from the high school we support was when he broke that kickoff return. He also did not allow a single reception to his man the entire night.

Had a great time and enoyed every second of it.
Glad to see a local kid succeed at that level.... Jones with the kick return was pretty awesome
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just got back from Memphis and I am full of pride for UK, in particular the Seniors. My seats were three rows off the field smack in the middle of the ECU side... needless to say we took quite of bit of smack talk to quickly see the ECU fans shut up real quick.

I am so proud of David Jones. We had became friends with the gentleman sitting directly behind us and literally the second I pointed out Jones was from the high school we support was when he broke that kickoff return. He also did not allow a single reception to his man the entire night.

Had a great time and enoyed every second of it.

did ECU's fans really disrupt the playing of My Old Kentucky Home?
Kentucky showed some hard nose defense in the second half, very impressive.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I'm so proud of UK, I guess the month off helped them heal a lot of their injuries, finally glad to say we won three bowls in a row, hopefully this will lead to better recruits. But as for the game, all I can say is UK is a second half team.
Got back from Memphis last night. Game was awesome in second half. Jones gets the Cats on track and it was downhill for the Pirates after that. Liberty Bowl was packed with Cats fans. Had tickets 7 rows back but moved to end zone were most of the action originated in the second half. Best move I ever made.

Beale Street got loud with Cats fans after the victory.

Let's keep it going next year.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:did ECU's fans really disrupt the playing of My Old Kentucky Home?

There was a particular section just above the ECU band who did disrupt. It appeared to be a bunch of students. They started an ECU chant and a few people across that side of the field picked up on it, but the majority of ECU fans were respectful. It was only that pod of 100 fans or so who really made a fool of themselves.
3 Bowl Wins In A Row.