Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 25 - East Carolina 19 (Liberty Bowl)
Kentucky may have played one of their best games of the season against a very good ECU team who knocked off Virginia Tech & West Virginia early on in the season.

Mike Hartline couldn't have played any better IMO tonight. He threw the ball with confidence and the receivers played very well also and what can you say about Tony Dixon. He played a wonderful game as well along with the entire offense.

The defense looked good at first and then give up some big plays, but locked the ECU offense down in the 4th quarter and kudos to Ventrell Jenkins who returned a 56-yard fumble for a touchdown.

3rd Straight Bowl Victory BABY!!!
Amazing second half performance by the cats. I was really impressed with the way Hartline handled the offense, really took me by surprise.
Dixon and Hartline played great tonite. Second half our D woke up and played with heart.
Congrats!!!!!!
Congrats to the Kentucky Wildcats and Coach Rich Brooks on their 3rd consective bowl win! GO BIG BLUE!
**** yeah...found out the hard way that everyone FT Knox hates UK. Talk to you guys in 3 months!!! cya
Great second half for the cats. Rich Brooks must have peeled the paint off the walls in the locker room.
All I have to say is DAVE JONES! WHO? DAVE JONES!

The stiff arm Ventrell Jenkins had was monstrous.
Go Cats!! We're only going to get better! See ya in that BCS bowl next season Cats!!!Big Grin
HawksRule Wrote:The stiff arm Ventrell Jenkins had was monstrous.

AMEN!!! did you see the mouthpiece fly... I could run that one back a thousand times and not get tired of it!Wink Big Grin :Clap:
thetribe Wrote:All I have to say is DAVE JONES! WHO? DAVE JONES!
Thats Mike Jones there...oh I see what your saying...WHO?
IISnakE Wrote:AMEN!!! did you see the mouthpiece fly... I could run that one back a thousand times and not get tired of it!Wink Big Grin :Clap:
That was the earpad from the helmet that went flying. One of the most brutal stiff arms I have ever seen. I'm with you, I could watch that replay 1,000 times.
A real gutsy win by UK. Not pretty but gutsy against a good ECU team. Played awful special teams in the first half. That almost put this game out of range.

Tony Dixon had the best game I have seen him play. Maybe not statistically but That was awsome. He showed a ton of heart.

Anybody that wants to rag on Hartline now really needs to quit waisting Oxygen. Not only did he run the offense pretty well but he did it battling the flu. He had to go to the lockerroom a number of times during the game to throw up. Great game there big guy.
i was at my basketball game when they announced that UK had won...does anyone have a video of Ventrell Jenkins stiff arm?
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:i was at my basketball game when they announced that UK had won...does anyone have a video of Ventrell Jenkins stiff arm?

I searched YouTube and there is a video of David Jones kickoff return but none of the stiff arm yet. Give it time.

Watch the halftime show on fox right now. I'm sure they will show it.
Here is a link to ESPN that has the highlight video.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=290020151
OMG that was a **** of a stiff arm!
I was a little nervous in the 1st half...and the knees down kinda had me that way too but it was a great win
I am still a bit horse...lost my voice cheering for the Cats at Two Keys!...I am so proud of this team. They played their hearts out....Huge props to our very own David Jones and also to big Ventrell Jenkins!

Thanks Coack Brooks and the entire Wildcat team for making this State so proud of you....we love you all!

BCS BOWL next Year Baby!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IISnakE Wrote:AMEN!!! did you see the mouthpiece fly... I could run that one back a thousand times and not get tired of it!Wink Big Grin :Clap:

:yes: I couldn't agree with you more on that.
HUGE stiff arm! HUGE! Loved that play as well.

Congrats on the win Cats. Dixon played great, D played alot better 2nd half, and the guy from Belfry David Jones impressed me on his big play I think set up the comeback and was a bigger play then the stiff arm!!!!! which was super sick!!!!!
Hartline's best game of his career! Tony Dixon's best of the season! Proud of both of these guys and the Cats!
:letsparty:1::letsparty:kneel::Wave:
I am glad David Jones "record setting run back" was in thre SportsCenter Top 10 last night!!! I know we had dinner early so we could watch the game... by the end of the game, we were jumping up and down and cheering... yelling and correcting the announcers and referees... then cheering again... it was as if we were there !!! So proud of this team! I got a chance to go to the UK Football Camp for Ladies this Summer... and I followed the team all season... what an amazing Win for our program!!! Can't wait for NEXT YEAR!
To be honest i didn't think that was going to win this game. It was a h### of a game by UK. The receiver mccallister or mcclinton had an awesome game and it looks like he could be our new go to receiver. Great win for the cats!
DevilsWin Wrote::letsparty:1::letsparty:kneel::Wave:

Smile this gave me a chuckle! lol nice
For UK to be in a rebuilding year and win a bowl game with number of Freshmen and Sophomores who saw playing time both speaks volumes about how far this program has come and also bodes well for the future. Ive said since day one that this current freshmen class WILL play in an SEC title game before they all graduate.
Great comeback for the Cats
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:To be honest i didn't think that was going to win this game. It was a h### of a game by UK. The receiver mccallister or mcclinton had an awesome game and it looks like he could be our new go to receiver. Great win for the cats!

It was McCaskill.