•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 2009
I would never bet against Hazard until we actually see them in action.
blitzingback Wrote:I hope Fugate isn't leaving. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Ask the Meehan kid. LCA was suppose to dominate class A this year and roll into Louisville and destroy Beechwood or whoever else was playing them. Didn't happen. Also people aren't giving the bulldogs a shot this coming year, but really who knows. I think they have the very strong potential of making it to the finals again. It will take some work, but the defense that they started showing in the playoffs will be for the most part returning minus 2 middle linebackers and an end. Plus they have some good talent coming up from the middleschool who, like Z. Blanton I think will make an impact immediately.

zack blanton is a freshman, he played this year at corner and reciever.
blitzingback Wrote:It' s here. I think the boys start lifting this week. I'd say after the visit to the carpet, there may be some new faces in the weight room this year, kids that may come out that hadn't been before or not since middle school. I just hope they can stick it out.

Alot of them them kids will think they can't win the big game. Until Hazard can get a few titles. No one will think that they a power in 1A. I know 2 years ago they went 10-0, but they didn;t really play anyone. Last year the 3 good teams that they play they lose to them. If Hazard play the teams that someone told me that they will play and have a winning record. They should play 5 hard school ever year, no matter if they record is 5-5. They just have to won 3 games and they will get #1 seed.
i think hazard will beat pikeville again next year if they meet. they have not had a problem doing this in the past few years and this is the group of seniors that won the big sandy valley middle school championship and they have add alot more talent and worked hard for the past 4 years at one goal win a state title and since they have been freshmen havard has progressed a step closer to that goal each season. their freshman year they won a distric title winning over pikeville their sophmore year they won a region championship and their junior year they played for their first title game in school history they are hungry for a state title and are going to go through ant one that gets in their way and what makes this team so good is they are a family there is no fighting between them on or off the feild we are all like brothers and we take our season one game at a time and we dont over look any one and that is what is key
blitzingback Wrote:I've heard 9 of the teams, don't hold me to the order they play but this should be close.

Leslie
Letcher
Harlan
Jenkins
Corbin
Breathitt
Paris
Pineville
Clay

that is mostly right we also play green co again
I agree Hazard has progressed every year but high school is different from grade school. I think Hazard can make it back to state because they will have more team leadership and more senior leadership than last years team. Speed is what Hazard had last year. Next year isnt going to have a very fast running back but will feature a running back with very decent speed and power to go along with a pretty decent quarterback and senior offensive line and some new recievers stepping into the mix. BJ Combs and Eric Back and Zach Blanton will be relied on to replace a lot of talent and a lot of big time play makers. The Defense will be the key again this season if the bulldogs want to make it back to state. Allan Fugate, Corey Slone, Mikael Campbell, Forrest Smith, and many more will anchor what will be i think a very under-rated defense but will show up and make big plays when needed. But I believe if Hazard wants to get back to state in a long trip to LCA who will more than likely be the favorite to come out of the eastern part of the state. But whenever the bulldogs get there official schedule out i will predict a record for the regular season.
Hazard should have another great year in 09. Good luck next season Dawgs!
Does anyone know if Hazards schedule has been finalized yet?
Hazard plays Breathitt sometime in the season.
With the addition of the E-Train (Eric Back) and his 4.4 - 40 speed and his power running, look for the Dawgs to be back in the State Title Game. Eric was a wide reciever while at Perry Central but he will be a bigger theat at the Tailback position next season. With a lofty 300 pound bench press, 500 pound squat, and 500 deadlift, look for Eric to break some records next season. :devilflam
Not good.
cj2561 Wrote:Alot of them them kids will think they can't win the big game. Until Hazard can get a few titles. No one will think that they a power in 1A. I know 2 years ago they went 10-0, but they didn;t really play anyone. Last year the 3 good teams that they play they lose to them. If Hazard play the teams that someone told me that they will play and have a winning record. They should play 5 hard school ever year, no matter if they record is 5-5. They just have to won 3 games and they will get #1 seed.

I'm going to have to call you out on that CJ. I don't see how you call Letcher, Clay, and Lexington Christian nobody. Letcher didn't get beat, after Hazard beat them, again until the regional finals, Clay was picked to win that district at the time they played and ended up getting beat by Letcher, and Lexington Christian went on to the Class A championship game. Plus they played an excellent Cumberland team in the 2nd round of the Playoffs and also in the regular season. They had 5 district games which only left them 5 non district which were Letcher, Clay, LCA, Perry Cent. (Who finished 2nd in their district that year) and I can't remember the 5th. That wasn't a push over non district schedule by no stretch. They basically won the Letcher, Clay, Perry 5A district that year. And last year they did lose to three good teams, but it seemed to work out in the end. They ended up avenging one of those loses in the state-semis when it counted.
I think they will be better prepared this year. Coach Dixon seems to be testing their mettle so they will be hardened for playoffs.
Is the Abbot kid that transfered from Buckhorn playing? This kid is a MONSTER. Very athletic as well. People will freak out when they see this kid in the pads next season.
Hitman7 Wrote:With the addition of the E-Train (Eric Back) and his 4.4 - 40 speed and his power running, look for the Dawgs to be back in the State Title Game. Eric was a wide reciever while at Perry Central but he will be a bigger theat at the Tailback position next season. With a lofty 300 pound bench press, 500 pound squat, and 500 deadlift, look for Eric to break some records next season. :devilflam

300 lb bench press?..are we stretching the truth a little?..lol
I would say Eric Back will be wideout because he is a big threat on catching the ball. He probably can and might play a little running back but I think Mikael Campbell and Corey Slone will do most of the running game but who knows Im not the coach. This is my overal line-up besides the line

QB Jon Combs
HB Mikael Campbell
FB Corey Slone
WR Zach Blanton
WR Eric Back
TE/WR BJ Combs

Those are the kids who I think will be playing. ( I also think and hope that Austin Blanton may possiblly be eligible to play next season).
good luck to the hazard bulldogs. I hope you are successful this year. I am always for eastern ky kids.
i believe hazard will be a top contender for the state championship next year hazard is bringing back strong players and three tought transfers andrew abott, eric back, and joey meehan and all three can fill in the offensive postions and if those three were in the state championship game they would have beat beechwood by 21
oldschool3 Wrote:i believe hazard will be a top contender for the state championship next year hazard is bringing back strong players and three tought transfers andrew abott, eric back, and joey meehan and all three can fill in the offensive postions and if those three were in the state championship game they would have beat beechwood by 21

Joey Meehan???? Joey Meehan isnt coming back or is he?
i know for a fact meehan is back lol he will be attending school monday morning
i know for a fact meehan will be attending school at hazard on monday morning
Well if he gets eligible then thats good for hazard it gives them another weapon.
oldschool3 Wrote:i know for a fact meehan will be attending school at hazard on monday morning

Oh No!!!...:yawn:
Losing Micheal Campbell abd Olinger will be to much for them. They better be glad they don't play PCC anymore. PCC would beat them with rather easily. They won't go far in the playyoffs unless they do a lot of improving through the season.
PCC would get destroyed by this hazard team. I would bet the farm on that game.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Losing Micheal Campbell abd Olinger will be to much for them. They better be glad they don't play PCC anymore. PCC would beat them with rather easily. They won't go far in the playyoffs unless they do a lot of improving through the season.

Why do you think they dont play Perry anymore..ive never seen anything bad happen between fans happen at the hazard PCC game..basketball maybe but football no..they know they wont have there juggernaut team and dont want to get beat
king360 Wrote:Why do you think they dont play Perry anymore..ive never seen anything bad happen between fans happen at the hazard PCC game..basketball maybe but football no..they know they wont have there juggernaut team and dont want to get beat

My bad, I thought that rule they put in was for all sports. My mistake.
Well no information on if Mr Meehan was at Hazard today!
Crazy Horse Wrote:My bad, I thought that rule they put in was for all sports. My mistake.

If im not mistaking, It was for all sports (fball,bball, baseball,tennis,soccer,etc.) Anyone comfirm this?
Hazard will have to much speed for Perry next year. No Demetri Travis in the backfield for Central. Can Amis take all those licks next year? We'll have to see. Also, I will pick Hazard by 3 TD's next year. I look for Back to break some necks next year.
palmer Wrote:Why can't you see the point of why you can't make exceptions. It never ends if you do, and it's unfair to all those in years past who were unable to play because of the rule.

The rule is already incredibly lenient. You can be almost 20 and still be eligible to play against 14 year olds in spring sports.

Your b-day is after the season start you can play. Just take basketball, it start oct 15. if your b-day is oct 14 you can't play. if it is after that date you can..... Football should be the same way. Football start the end of July, and Austin b-day is july 26 or the 27. So he should be able to play.....
Back when i play Whitesburg have a 5 year sr that was playing.... If they let him play they should let Austin play....
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next