Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How well does everyone think the Hazard bulldogs will be next season? Will the loss of that many seniors hurt the bulldog team for next year as well or Does the bulldogs have enough returning to make it back to state?
They will have a good line. But they it is about it. I say they get beat by LCA in the playoffs.
How Many Seniors are they losing
I believe their losing 9 or 10 seniors but i think they'll do fine. Id say they'll lose 3 or 4 games in the regular season and win their region but chances of them making it back to state are slim.
They are going to have a great o-line next season from what I've heard. I do think its going to be very hard for them to make it back to state but stranger things have happened. If they are going to do this again they will have to get by LCA. I am pretty sure the bulldogs will have a pretty good team and have about the same record as this during the regular season. I think they will add Eric back to the team next year so that adds another reciever and corner to the team and will help fill the void of the loss of Campbell, Kidd and Adams. I really do not know who will be replacing Tyler Olinger next year but I think Jon Combs did an exceptional job managing the game during Tylers absense in 2 games this season and will do fine at the starter next year but will lack the ability of scrambling and hard nose running. Hazard offense next year will be decent with more of a power running game instead of speed. Hazards defense will once again be the problem in filling in the linebacker and safetys positions. But i think the bulldogs will once again have great senior leadership with 12 or more seniors.
Jon Combs would be a good QB, In the 2 games that Tyler miss he did a good job. He lead the team down the field again Green Co. easy. Didn't fumble the ball once. Tyler have like 3 or 4 fumbles in that game.
I truly believe that Hazards' reign is over. They do have a good core of athletes coming coming in next season, but nothing compared to what they will lose. I have heard rumors, you know those can be dangerous, that some schools are looking for a good young coach, they have one.
Likely will not advance past the 1st-2nd round of playoffs. I think Pikeville will have the edge on them next season.
I think this team makes it to the 4th round and gives LCA or whoever a game.
Hilbily Wrote:Likely will not advance past the 1st-2nd round of playoffs. I think Pikeville will have the edge on them next season.

They will make it to the semi's again next year. I don't see any team in districts 7 or 8 that can beat Hazard next year.
Anyone have an idea who the starting QB will be next season, after losing Olinger this year?
Good Luck To The Bulldogs Next Year
Jon Combs, #7 on our team, played Qb IN several games for Hazard this season while Tyler was injured and he did a very good job. Another possible QB is Jordon Olinger, brother of Tyler, who played QB for the 8th grade team that was very successful for Hazard this year. He is the youngest of the Olinger brothers and is purported to be the best of the three. His oldest brother was Durrell Olinger who was QB before Tyler. With the 8th graders who will be joining the team in the fall and the returning players we have, our future certainly does not look bleak!!
Their district is very weak, I see them making it to the 3rd round.
i dont see them goin back to where they was this year for sure.
I think Hazard will make it back to the semi's again. They will have to play the game of there life to beat LCA next year.
Like others have stated, Hazard will beat any district 7 and 8 teams they play. district 8 is VERY weak. even IF Pikeville gets any better, they still will not be able to compete with Hazard next year. They make it to the Semis where the loss of all these great seniors shows up to really hurt. However, 3 straight semi appearances is pretty impressive. The really young bulldogs will have a chance to make it more than that if Dist 7 and 8 dont get any better.
I remember seeing these seniors back in 8th grade and they were so close to winning the big sandy championship but fell short and the next year no one even give them a chance in but they ended up winning the big sandy championship the next year. Maybe if History somewhat repeats itself maybe hazard can win a class A title. It would be great but I think its going to be a long road and hard one for that to happen because i think LCA will have too much talent for everyone next season in class A.
Hazard has a decent chance in Region 4, but it would be hard to go further.

I saw the JV team lose at Harlan County. They weren't bad though, especially offensively.

How good was the middle school team this year?
palmer Wrote:Hazard has a decent chance in Region 4, but it would be hard to go further.

I saw the JV team lose at Harlan County. They weren't bad though, especially offensively.

How good was the middle school team this year?

I would say if you saw the JV team you saw mostly freshmen and sophomore with a maybe 1 or 2 juniors. But i believe this Hazard team next year will surprise a lot of people but i just do not know how far they will go. They will be great leadership on this team more than what there was this year but the only thing lacking for next year will be the wide reciever play. Im sure that the defense will be a place to fill too but i can see that being filled pretty easy but having the recievers to catch the ball will be the hardest part.
Hazard returns entire off. line, Combs should be starting Qb, look for Mickael Campbell to run ball more, along with Cory Slone.

Eric Back will be a big addition to team Wr/db, look for Back, Zack Blanton and Bj Combs to be big offense weapons, along with 8th graders Jordan Olinger and Austin Johnson.

Defense should be strong point with 7 or 8 starters back, Def. end Allen Fugate should get some D-1 looks.

Special teams should be strong with return of kicker/punter Austin Delpont.
CADEREECE Wrote:Hazard returns entire off. line, Combs should be starting Qb, look for Mickael Campbell to run ball more, along with Cory Slone.

Eric Back will be a big addition to team Wr/db, look for Back, Zack Blanton and Bj Combs to be big offense weapons, along with 8th graders Jordan Olinger and Austin Johnson.

Defense should be strong point with 7 or 8 starters back, Def. end Allen Fugate should get some D-1 looks.

Special teams should be strong with return of kicker/punter Austin Delpont.

Something that is going to seem strange next year for hazard is the lack of speed at the runningback position. Do not get my wrong Mikael Campbell isnt a slow back but hes going to be a speedy back like normal that hazard has. Mikael Campbell is part of my family and he is already working hard for next season. Mikael Campbell and Austin Blanton in the backfield for hazard next season will be a very hard duo to stop because they are great in-between tackle runners and also Cory Slone will be in the mix as well. These kids will anchor a good linebacker core for next season with Campbell and Slone on the ends and Blanton filling the middle. I really do not know who will be replacing Jon Howard in the middle but i believe hazard has enough kids that they most certainly can replace him. Alan Fugate is going to be a beast on that defense line with his D-1 size and speed. Its going to be hard for anyone to match up with him defensively. Back to the offense i believe the dawgs will be fine behind a great senior offensive line and will make excelllent hoes for the backs to run up and have great pass blocking for the quarterback to throw too. Hazard will also be playing another tough schedule to prepare them for a playoff push. So look for hazard to surprise some people next year even though they do loose a lot of talent this season.
They should have Mickael and Austin running the ball again Beechwood. With a team just as fast as you are. You have to run over them not around them. That game is over now. Let's hope Hazard get another shot at Beechwood next year.
Austin Blanton is ineligable for next year. I saw Hazard play JV at Leslie Co. last year, and Combs was running for his life. That's actually where he sustained his injury that kept him out for a couple of weeks.
I Rule The World Wrote:Austin Blanton is ineligable for next year. I saw Hazard play JV at Leslie Co. last year, and Combs was running for his life. That's actually where he sustained his injury that kept him out for a couple of weeks.

He shouldnt be. From what i have saw on the calender he makes the cut by a couple of days. If he doesnt make the cut then its by a day or 2. I believe there is no need to punish a kid for being a day or 2 off the dates. I say he challenges this and gets to play next year.
He shouldn't be punished for a day or two?

That's why you set dates. If a day or two is OK, then why not three or four, or nine or 10. Where do you draw the line?

Is it a birthday issue? If it's before Aug. 1 there's no room for debate.
palmer Wrote:He shouldn't be punished for a day or two?

That's why you set dates. If a day or two is OK, then why not three or four, or nine or 10. Where do you draw the line?

Is it a birthday issue? If it's before Aug. 1 there's no room for debate.

Well if the season started on the same dates every year instead of moving it up like it has been done then he would be eligible. If 1 or 2 days isnt ok then lets bring up the kid from jbs who they say is supposely was a freshmen 5 years ago. I find it kinda of funny if he can get eligible and hes already 19 before the season starts he shouldnt be allowed to play but some how he is ruled eligible.
Why can't people answer simple questions?

Is his birthday before Aug. 1?
palmer Wrote:Why can't people answer simple questions?

Is his birthday before Aug. 1?

Why can't you see the point. and to be honest i dont know his birthday but i may can find out.
I believe its july 26th.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7