Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Attendance for the Finals
All them Breathitt fans chased everyone away. Lol.
sstack Wrote:I am sure there were not 15000 people after the half at the 6A game!

2000 1A-7714, 2005 2A-7726, 2003 3A-10057, 2003 4A-26430, 2007 5A-6231, 2007 6A-15696. I wasn't talking just this year. I don't know how many people was there this year. Most of the fans from Hazard stay and watch Breathitt Co play.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I doubt there was even 12 there for the game at all considering St X wasnt playing in it.

The attendance for 6A in '08 was 11,556. I have tallied some numbers from the KHSAA website, and it looks like there was a total decrease in attendance from this year compared to last year of about 12,500 fans.
bucslover68 Wrote:The attendance for 6A in '08 was 11,556. I have tallied some numbers from the KHSAA website, and it looks like there was a total decrease in attendance from this year compared to last year of about 12,500 fans.

see told ya not even 12,000 went lol
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I think the KHSAA needs to do something about football season lasting almost up until Christmas.

I agree, it was extremely cold this weekend, and with the finals being moved to Bowling Green, attendance should plummit. IMO bad move by KHSAA, but hey i guess they had to play it somehwere
Free BAlla 14 Wrote:I agree, it was extremely cold this weekend, and with the finals being moved to Bowling Green, attendance should plummit. IMO bad move by KHSAA, but hey i guess they had to play it somehwere

I heard alot of Highlands fans say they would not make the drive to BG next year. I am sure they will still get a decent crowd though. Got to like that Highlands is already talking about next years title game. You've got to believe you can win it every year.
sstack Wrote:I heard alot of Highlands fans say they would not make the drive to BG next year. I am sure they will still get a decent crowd though. Got to like that Highlands is already talking about next years title game. You've got to believe you can win it every year.
???????? Not sure I get where you are coming from.

You praise your fan base for already talking about the title game next year, and then in the same breath you talk about how they are not willing to go to BG to support them for the title game? Sounds kind of fickle to me.:confused:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:???????? Not sure I get where you are coming from.

You praise your fan base for already talking about the title game next year, and then in the same breath you talk about how they are not willing to go to BG to support them for the title game? Sounds kind of fickle to me.:confused:

I am talking about the fans that just come out for the championship game. There are always more fans for that game. The die hard fans that go to all the games throughout the year will follow them where ever they go. It is sad that there were more fans at the state game then at some of the home games. The problem with winning so many titles, is "some" fans figure they will just wait for the title game to go to and skip the other games. I for one think they are missing some great games, with kids that play for the love of the game and give it every thing the have. It is hard though for the older population and young parents to drive that far(Have alot of HHS fans that take young kids to the games and grandparents).People would also have to take off work, where in Louisville we can go to work and still make the game.Every school is going to have less fans at the game the farther away they play.
sstack Wrote:I heard alot of Highlands fans say they would not make the drive to BG next year.

Not me. I look forward to that more than I do the holidays now that I'm too old for GI Joes and Hot Wheels.Wink I doubt that you'll get much of a student presence.
Attendance will definitely go down in BG