Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Attendance for the Finals
Has the weather affected the attendance at the State Championships? I heard on the radio, that the Hazard band, and some fans, could not make it to Louisville. Last year over 4,000 were at the 1A game. This year it was 3,316. For the 3A game this year it was 3,917, and last year, for Belfry and Central, it was 7619. The other attendance figures for the games last year were: 2A-5,679, 4A-7,603, 5A-6,231, and 6A-15,696. Let's hope the numbers pick up for the remaining 4 games or the KHSAA is going to be real disappointed.
WOW!!! large drop in numbers in the 3A division....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I think the KHSAA needs to do something about football season lasting almost up until Christmas.
If a mountain team makes it to the finals in Bowling Green next year look for the attendance to be even lower.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I think the KHSAA needs to do something about football season lasting almost up until Christmas.
Yeah, put the private schools in thier own league by busting up the dominate powers that are almost always at the finals. Fill up the open dates. Be in the top 50% of your class to make it to the playoffs. Haven't seen a 0-10 team win a state title yet!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
phs1986 Wrote:WOW!!! large drop in numbers in the 3A division....

because BELFRY wasnt there, you know that they bring everyone and people from TN..
[quote=Old School]If a mountain team makes it to the finals in Bowling Green next year look for the attendance to be eve

n lower.its

you can make it from belfry to b.g in 5hrs, no different than the ville,i drove it very weekend for a long time..
cuppett777 Wrote:[quote=Old School]If a mountain team makes it to the finals in Bowling Green next year look for the attendance to be eve

n lower.its

you can make it from belfry to b.g in 5hrs, no different than the ville,i drove it very weekend for a long time..

I was thinking BG was farther West than it actually is, oh well one tends to forget things like that when they get older. Big Grin
Weather did play a part in the Hazard and Breathitt game. I am shocked that Hazard did not take their small band down the night before...... They have an awesome band, a few more rooms would not hurt. Disappointment shout out to the superintendent.
Attendance for the 5A game was only 5206.
WOW I figured the numbers would drop a little because of the weather and the economy but wow. I was going to make the trip but the weather was to bad. I may still go to the 2A, 4A, and 6A games.
Weather in the mountains was a big problem with the attendence for the mountain teams !!!
Duh. It's TOO COLD.

The season should end on Thanksgiving weekend. The odds of decent weather are much greater and it almost never snows in November.
palmer Wrote:Duh. It's TOO COLD.

The season should end on Thanksgiving weekend. The odds of decent weather are much greater and it almost never snows in November.

I agree. And football should be over before basketball starts. This punishes small schools like Hazard who had to forfeit a basketball game because we didn't have our whole team.
I think they should take only the top two teams in the district, and drop the 1 vs 4. 2 vs 3 first round. And drop one game, to only 14 games. Oh, and drop to 5 classes, please. That would put the competition back in state championship.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I think they should take only the top two teams in the district, and drop the 1 vs 4. 2 vs 3 first round. And drop one game, to only 14 games. Oh, and drop to 5 classes, please. That would put the competition back in state championship.

Why not drop the bye week?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I agree. And football should be over before basketball starts. This punishes small schools like Hazard who had to forfeit a basketball game because we didn't have our whole team.

We postponed ours till later in the season.
Next year the finals will go back to the first weekend in December.
03 I pretty much I agree with you. The only way I feel they will do something is if attendance continues to decline.

I can see them eliminating 6th Class. But over 65 percent of the coaches like the 4 team system.
cuppett777 Wrote:because BELFRY wasnt there, you know that they bring everyone and people from TN..

And a ton of people from WV.Big Grin

sorry, couldn't help it...
2A game Attendance: 4635
I went down the night before. From Hazard to Wolfe Co. it take me 35 to 45 mins. From Wolfe to Powell i take 3 1/2 hours. From Powell to Louisville 2 hours. They didn't do nothing to the roads in Wolfe. From Lex to louisville it didn't do nothing. The weather have alot to do with Hazard fans not being there. I know about 500 more that was going to drive down there, that didn't make it.
jetpilot Wrote:And a ton of people from WV.Big Grin

sorry, couldn't help it...

So Pikeville had record attendances during their glory years too then! Big Grin Sorry I couldn't resist as well
The record for attendance 1A-7714, 2A-7726, 3A-10057, 4A-26430, 5A-6231 don't know how many was there this year. 6A-15696
probly has to do with the economy
phs1986 Wrote:WOW!!! large drop in numbers in the 3A division....

No Pond Creek Nation...We would have brought 3000+ IMO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
joethegreek Wrote:Next year the finals will go back to the first weekend in December.

And to Bowling Green
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cj2561 Wrote:The record for attendance 1A-7714, 2A-7726, 3A-10057, 4A-26430, 5A-6231 don't know how many was there this year. 6A-15696

I am sure there were not 15000 people after the half at the 6A game!
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:We postponed ours till later in the season.

Well, we tried to. But what do you do when you have a school that hates you so much that they flatly refuse to reschedule?
sstack Wrote:I am sure there were not 15000 people after the half at the 6A game!

I doubt there was even 12 there for the game at all considering St X wasnt playing in it.