Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region Middle School Basketball
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:And there is one who rides the pine a lot who will go in there and crack heads with any body,i think they had a few rebounds and a couple of blocks the short time they were in there.

You really sound like a jealous parent to me. Do you really think you know more than the coach of that team. It never fails in LC there are always the parents that think they know what is better for the team than the coach does, heck there are parents of the high school boys that hollar at the other players during the game to pass their kid the ball. It was that way back when I played there were a couple of us that played up and took the spots of the kids in that grade and the parents pitched a fit, and when we lost it was always because their kid didn't get to play. I say let the coaches do their jobs, because we have some very good middle school coaches.
racer4life Wrote:You really sound like a jealous parent to me. Do you really think you know more than the coach of that team. It never fails in LC there are always the parents that think they know what is better for the team than the coach does, heck there are parents of the high school boys that hollar at the other players during the game to pass their kid the ball. It was that way back when I played there were a couple of us that played up and took the spots of the kids in that grade and the parents pitched a fit, and when we lost it was always because their kid didn't get to play. I say let the coaches do their jobs, because we have some very good middle school coaches.

We will trade LC coaches here in Raceland, and we even beat your 8th grade team the other night. I told someone that back when we played LC 8th earlier in the year and they beat us, that he was a very good coach. It is not a good class for you all and he still wins some, and LC is over matched a lot. I am not knocking the kids, LC 8th has 2 or 3 boys that are atheletic as any one, just not good basketball skills yet.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Actually they also got beat pretty bad against ashland verity. your right they have talent but it is going to take a while for them to get caught back up since most of them sat the bench for the most part last year and it was uncalled for.that may make some mad with that being said but it happened.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe they weren't good enough to play that is why they sat the bench. That's a little harsh I know, but some parents never realize their baby isn't going to be the star and can't except the fact that their are other players that will help the team more than their kid.
riverrat11 Wrote:We will trade LC coaches here in Raceland, and we even beat your 8th grade team the other night. I told someone that back when we played LC 8th earlier in the year and they beat us, that he was a very good coach. It is not a good class for you all and he still wins some, and LC is over matched a lot. I am not knocking the kids, LC 8th has 2 or 3 boys that are atheletic as any one, just not good basketball skills yet.

The biggest problem (other than the parents) with Lewis County basketball is, when the season is over then it's off to something else and they never pick up a ball again until next year. There are a few that play some AAU but the majority don't and you will never compete for a regional title in high school as long as this trend continues. The kids have to play year round to be successful.
racer4life Wrote:The biggest problem (other than the parents) with Lewis County basketball is, when the season is over then it's off to something else and they never pick up a ball again until next year. There are a few that play some AAU but the majority don't and you will never compete for a regional title in high school as long as this trend continues. The kids have to play year round to be successful.

I agree, same thing up here. 3 types most of the time: 1)a few that think they are good(parents think there good) will go to a camp or 2, but never make it cause they just don't have it. 2) Very talented players, know there good, but get involved with something else(girls, illegal stuff,etc) or just don't care. 3)a handful have a little talent, go to a couple camps, play AAU, and these are the ones that parents push, dads coach or help coach, and all the other parents sit around and gripe and complain about those kids cause they get to play.
racer4life Wrote:You really sound like a jealous parent to me. Do you really think you know more than the coach of that team. It never fails in LC there are always the parents that think they know what is better for the team than the coach does, heck there are parents of the high school boys that hollar at the other players during the game to pass their kid the ball. It was that way back when I played there were a couple of us that played up and took the spots of the kids in that grade and the parents pitched a fit, and when we lost it was always because their kid didn't get to play. I say let the coaches do their jobs, because we have some very good middle school coaches.

I sound jealous are you kidding me? You sound like someone that needs to get a clue.I was just stating what happen.Plus look at this thread more than one are saying the same thing . And I probably do know more than some coaches.:thumpsup:
Like it was said before if someone say something all some know to do is cry jealousy. Grow up already.
Here ya go Bubba http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=46839
racer4life Wrote:Did you ever stop and think that maybe they weren't good enough to play that is why they sat the bench. That's a little harsh I know, but some parents never realize their baby isn't going to be the star and can't except the fact that their are other players that will help the team more than their kid.

Did you ever stop and think middle school is for developing players?I have never said I had a child But if I did I would not expect them to be the Star of the team.:confused:
racer4life Wrote:The biggest problem (other than the parents) with Lewis County basketball is, when the season is over then it's off to something else and they never pick up a ball again until next year. There are a few that play some AAU but the majority don't and you will never compete for a regional title in high school as long as this trend continues. The kids have to play year round to be successful.

From what I hear those are only a fraction of their problems.

From an earlier post I agree we have the best middle school coaches in the state.They do a fantastic job.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:From what I hear those are only a fraction of their problems.

From an earlier post I agree we have the best middle school coaches in the state.They do a fantastic job.

You have lost me now. I have read all of your post and most of them seem like you are bashing the coach and now you think they are the best in the state.:confused:
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:I sound jealous are you kidding me? You sound like someone that needs to get a clue.I was just stating what happen.Plus look at this thread more than one are saying the same thing . And I probably do know more than some coaches.:thumpsup:
Like it was said before if someone say something all some know to do is cry jealousy. Grow up already.
Here ya go Bubba http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=46839

Sounds to me like there is more than one jealous parent on here then.Wink
racer4life Wrote:You have lost me now. I have read all of your post and most of them seem like you are bashing the coach and now you think they are the best in the state.:confused:

I have not said a whole lot if anything about the coach. Hey why don't you get some more time on here before you accuse someone of something or calling someone to the carpet. I was mereley pointing out that some have come in done a good job for the shortime they were in there.You need to lay off the GOB koolaid.
racer4life Wrote:Sounds to me like there is more than one jealous parent on here then.Wink

I would say that the other ones on here are like me that could really care less what you think.Big Grin I will say I do look up to tough guys like you.
racer4life Wrote:Sounds to me like there is more than one jealous parent on here then.Wink

1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users. Diversity of opinion is encouraged here at BGR, however insulting or flaming another member because he or she doesn’t agree with you will not be tolerated. (This applies to everyone on the board, including staff members) Disagreeing with an idea or opinion of one is perfectly acceptable and is not the same as attacking that individual. An example of this would be calling someone a disrespectful name because you don’t agree with them. - Violating this rule will result in an immediate ban of user account and you could possibly be prosecuted. :Thumbs:

You need to read this again,I have yet seen where anybody has singled the coach out .You can read my post and you can dream or imagine I said something about a particular coach but it ain't happenin captian.:lmao:
I have been very supportive of the very fine coaches at Lewis. They have nothing but the best interest in heart for our players.We need to get behind them and support them with every opportunity we can get. A lot of schools would be honered and very fortunate to have the coaches we have here at Lewis.
I have been the odd person out constantly and ridiculed by many here. But I will do something I never thought I would do but racer4life you are out of line with your comments towards Your Tiger Bait concerning bashing of a coach.I in no way agree with a lot of what they say most of the time but in this instance I do. They were simply stating what they said they were doing and I have read their post and I have yet to see any evidence of them bashing a coach .As for jealous parents I would have to agree with your statement on that.
We still need for more parents to step up and help with the concession stand at home ball games. Please contact on of the coaches or administrators to sign up to work. It is becoming a burden on the few thay have worked several ballgames.Please step up and help the Lion athletes out.
No school in Lewis today.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:I have not said a whole lot if anything about the coach. Hey why don't you get some more time on here before you accuse someone of something or calling someone to the carpet. I was mereley pointing out that some have come in done a good job for the shortime they were in there.You need to lay off the GOB koolaid.

Smile I’ll bet that GOB Kool-Aid taste real Wink good :popcorn: :popcorn: :howdy:
goal_line Wrote:Smile I’ll bet that GOB Kool-Aid taste real Wink good

I think i need some of it maybe it would help understand how i am a jealous parent.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
liberty Wrote:I have been very supportive of the very fine coaches at Lewis. They have nothing but the best interest in heart for our players.We need to get behind them and support them with every opportunity we can get. A lot of schools would be honered and very fortunate to have the coaches we have here at Lewis.
I have been the odd person out constantly and ridiculed by many here. But I will do something I never thought I would do but racer4life you are out of line with your comments towards Your Tiger Bait concerning bashing of a coach.I in no way agree with a lot of what they say most of the time but in this instance I do. They were simply stating what they said they were doing and I have read their post and I have yet to see any evidence of them bashing a coach .As for jealous parents I would have to agree with your statement on that.
We still need for more parents to step up and help with the concession stand at home ball games. Please contact on of the coaches or administrators to sign up to work. It is becoming a burden on the few thay have worked several ballgames.Please step up and help the Lion athletes out.
No school in Lewis today.

You are correct, I worded that completly wrong and I apologize to TigerBait. I reread all of the posts and TigerBait never bashed the coach, just the GOB whatever that is.:confused: Liberty I agree with everything you have said in your posts but you are way too nice.Smile
racer4life Wrote:You are correct, I worded that completly wrong and I apologize to TigerBait. I reread all of the posts and TigerBait never bashed the coach, just the GOB whatever that is.:confused: Liberty I agree with everything you have said in your posts but you are way too nice.Smile

Dude I accept your apology,I don't get too tore up about what people say on a message board. But people have a right to agree and disagree without being attacked the way you singeled me out.I am more than able to defend myself and I can get as nasty as anyone. I just came out of a flame war on a thread on here and frankly it was a topic i wished i never got involved with .I was warned a couple of times to back off. And I am ashamed of they way I acted.
As far as Lewis basketball goes it has it's good and has it's bad also.Some parents have a right to be upset and others do not.And it has nothing to do with parents being jealous or wanting their kid to be the star. It may just be they are wanting things to change such as more games,more summer ball more advanced training to make every kid better. And rise the athletic programs out of the mediocre status it enjoys year after year.If wanting that for the kids is wrong I don't want to be right. And if it takes calling out the GOB to help the program then so be it.

The last time I looked there were no superstars down there.Just follow this link and it will prove my point on how great the program is year in and year out And all the superstars that are from there. It's not bashing when it is proven in black and white.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=28572
riverrat11 Wrote:I am glad that you spelled apologize correct, we have had a couple on here that misspell it.:lmao: I also agree with both(racer & Liberty) of you on some of the issues, cause we have the same thing. Wink

I am one of the guilty onesCool Big Grin Smile
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:I am one of the guilty onesCool Big Grin Smile

The other guilty party spelled it exactly like you did??:lmao: Wink
riverrat11 Wrote:The other guilty party spelled it exactly like you did??:lmao: Wink

Yeah I know I copied it off them.Smile Smile
Actually I have seen several on here spell it like that. Mama Bear set me straight .

I agree racer, it was that way when I played also, there are always going to be a handful of parents that think there kid deserves more pt. Especially @ the middle school level because you have so many kids from all the elementary schools that normally got to play. Middle school is were you have to start weeding out, not because you want to be mean, but you can't keep them all, and that is the level were you can tell(most of time) who your players are going to be and you develop those kids. As they move on to the high school level(freshman and above) you weed even more, a coach would be happy to have 4-5 kids per grade that could play a little. Some classes have more, some have less.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Yeah I know I copied it off them.Smile Smile
Actually I have seen several people spell it like that. Mama Bear set me straight .

My bad !!!!!!!!!
A gob is the "Good Ole Boys".They are the ones that call all the shots in sports @ lc.Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Wink
It sure cold out there today!!!
lcalum Wrote:I agree racer, it was that way when I played also, there are always going to be a handful of parents that think there kid deserves more pt. Especially @ the middle school level because you have so many kids from all the elementary schools that normally got to play. Middle school is were you have to start weeding out, not because you want to be mean, but you can't keep them all, and that is the level were you can tell(most of time) who your players are going to be and you develop those kids. As they move on to the high school level(freshman and above) you weed even more, a coach would be happy to have 4-5 kids per grade that could play a little. Some classes have more, some have less.

Duuuuuude you and some others need to chill a little .You have some great points. You know going to the middle school the parents and coaches and players have to make some adjusting. When they were good at the elementary doesnt always trasnlate to be good at the middle school level.The playing time gets harder to come by and some want to spit the bit sort a speak in accepting that very fact. But they all will come around sooner or later they just have to be broke to see the truth.THERE AIN'T A HORSE THAT CAN'T BE RODE OR A COWBOY THAT CAN'T BE THROWED.Everyone must realize everyone has a role some kids are in there for shooting some are in there for defense and rebounding and others are there for riding the pine but they need to work hard and be ready to go in there.If they are in for 2 seconds or 20 minutes they need to make the most of there time. The sooner everyone accepts these facts the happier they will be.Weeding players out is hard on any coach I don't envy them at all having to weed kids out.At the high school level they pretty much weed themselves out. When you finally see who is going to stick it out and who isn't that's were the sleeves need to be rolled up and get the work done.Of course it would be better if it happens sooner.
You lcalum sounds like you know your stuff you certianly have made a great deal of sense. I'm behind you.:notworthy :notworthy
It is like this............
I can remember the scores of our High School football games in 1982-83. But I could not tell you how many plays I played or how many minutes I got....... I can just remember who we beat and who beat us.......If you are looking at how much time a person plays,,, then some may be to focused on the person instead of the team....

Yea there are alot of good points and differences of opinions.. thats what makes the world interesting and fun........

I get the same during football. So I am figuring that it does not matter what sport you are talking about then.....................
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:It is like this............
I can remember the scores of our High School football games in 1982-83. But I could not tell you how many plays I played or how many minutes I got....... I can just remember who we beat and who beat us.......If you are looking at how much time a person plays,,, then some may be to focused on the person instead of the team....

Yea there are alot of good points and differences of opinions.. thats what makes the world interesting and fun........

I get the same during football. So I am figuring that it does not matter what sport you are talking about then.....................

:notworthy :notworthy Very well said.The team needs to come first.It is not for the glory hounds of the GOB or the crybaby parents. It is for the whole community. As the ROCK used to say you got to know your **** ROLE and shut your mouth.
And for these people who think they know it all because they played and probably help out someway If you can't take the heat then hit the pavement Your there for only one reason.:Thumbs:
And for the Pre' Madonnas who want to cry jealousy and that don't like my opinions I'll meet you half way at the Greenup Dam I'll buy your dinner and we can talk about it face to face Just name the time.Come on up.
Wink YTB you’ll be The Lone Ranger waiting:popcorn: for them @ the GCDSmile Smile Smile