Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Regardless of Class
1 & 2: Trinity & St. X. I feel that, most of the time, St. X would win, but Trinity won the game which matters.

3. Highlands Though on a good day for Highlands, they could beat St. X & Trinity if they aren't having at least a better than average day.

4. Bell
5. Central
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Belfry
8. Johnson Central
9. Beechwood
10. Breathitt

IMO these teams could all play with eachother, and they're all close enough that to rank them in an order is probably just an archaic tool to put them in a position, one which doesn't matter one bit. There are probably another 5 or 6 teams which could be put at the end of this list, but not more than that.

Yes, even after the loss, I feel Belfry is better than Breathitt. Breathitt's boys played the game of their year, Belfry played the worst game of theirs. That said, Breathitt's going to Louisville, and that's all that really matters, not my opinion.
I would just take the twelve teams that will be playing next Friday and Saturday and put them in order.

1. Trinity
2. Highlands

And the rest you could just put them wherever you want.
C.Clair Wrote:1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Highlands
4. Bell County
5. Central
6. Breathitt
7. NCC
8. Beechwood
9. Hazard
10. Ft Campbell

You could at least put Breathitt in front of Central. I would hope you feel Breathitt is better than Central.
Sarrr Wrote:1 & 2: Trinity & St. X. I feel that, most of the time, St. X would win, but Trinity won the game which matters.

3. Highlands Though on a good day for Highlands, they could beat St. X & Trinity if they aren't having at least a better than average day.

4. Bell
5. Central
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Belfry
8. Johnson Central
9. Beechwood
10. Breathitt

IMO these teams could all play with eachother, and they're all close enough that to rank them in an order is probably just an archaic tool to put them in a position, one which doesn't matter one bit. There are probably another 5 or 6 teams which could be put at the end of this list, but not more than that.

Yes, even after the loss, I feel Belfry is better than Breathitt. Breathitt's boys played the game of their year, Belfry played the worst game of theirs. That said, Breathitt's going to Louisville, and that's all that really matters, not my opinion.

I agree
I like cuppett777's list and the first one on this forum too.
C.Clair Wrote:Love how Belfry is up there and Breathitt isnt. Breathitt did beat Belfry at CAM. Tell me what we need to do to get some respect PLEASE!

it was a fluke, thats way, 4turnovers, you will see friday afternoon..
1. St. X
2. Trinity
3. Central
4. Bell
5. Highlands
6. Newport Central Catholic
7. Fort Campbell
8. Beechwood
9. Belfry
10. Breathitt County/Prestonsburg
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:1. St. X
2. Trinity
3. Central
4. Bell
5. Highlands
7. Fort Campbell
8. Beechwood
9. Belfry
:lmao:
2. Trinity
3. Central
4. Bell
5. Highlands
7. Fort Campbell
8. Beechwood
9. Belfry

Curious to know why you would put Central ahead of Highlands when Highlands beat them 28-0 in the last regular season of the year. Not sure about Bell being in front of Highlands either. If the comparable scores game has any merit, Boyle beat LexCath twice in close games this year and the Bell Boyle game was also close. Which would lead one to believe that all three teams are relatively close in abilities. Whereas, Highlands destroyed LexCath pretty bad. I think it was something like 42-0 with Highlands starters getting pulled pretty early in the second half. Highlands was in a whole different league than LexCath and Central this year.
cuppett777 Wrote:Trinity
St.x
Simon Kenton
Highlands
Bell
Central
Belfry-even Though They Got Beat,-just A Bad Night
Ft.campbell
Boyle
Ncc
In No Order

cuppett, I realize your listing is just your opinion and like everyone you are entitled to it, but you are the only person that I've seen that feels that Simon Kenton is better than Highlands. What's your thinking on that?
2. Trinity
3. Central
:thatsfunn
4. Bell
:thatsfunn
5. Highlands
7. Fort Campbell
8. Beechwood
9. Belfry

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
charlie22 Wrote:cuppett, I realize your listing is just your opinion and like everyone you are entitled to it, but you are the only person that I've seen that feels that Simon Kenton is better than Highlands. What's your thinking on that?

I don't know if I would put any team on here ahead of Highlands?
easyM Wrote:I don't know if I would put any team on here ahead of Highlands?

I agree Highlands might be the best team in the state.
cuppett777 Wrote:Trinity
St.x
Simon Kenton
Highlands
Bell
Central
Belfry-even Though They Got Beat,-just A Bad Night
Ft.campbell
Boyle
Ncc
In No Order

There is no way you put SK in front of Highlands! Highlands has played better teams than SK and have only one loss and that was to Colerain. I hope SK wins but I think Trinity will mop the floor with them.
Bell County 89 Wrote:1. Trinity 2. ST.X 3.Bell 4.Highlands 5.Simon Kenton 6.Breathitt 7.FC 8.NCC 9.Beechwood 10.Hazard 11.BE 12.CC

Bell Co. is in no way, shape, or form better than Highands. They would destroy Bell Co.
2. Trinity
3. Central
4. Bell
5. Highlands
7. Fort Campbell
8. Beechwood
9. Belfry

I think it's funny how you put Central in front of Highlands. Highlands handled Central pretty good so that is just pure ignorance on your part.
Its all mountain teams, just put them in your order i mean mountain teams work hard for what they get
well i dont think anyone was going on facts there hosscat it was a opinion and everyone has one
1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Simon Kenton
4. Bell County
5. Central
6. Breathitt
7. Belfry
8. Highlands
9.Beechwood
10. Johnson Central

I know that one night doesn't mean a team is better than the other, but I do believe that puts Breathitt above Belfry.

I had to put Johnson Central on the list, with the game they played against Highlands. Very good team and could compete with the best of them.

I'm a Hazard fan as well but I just didn't have the heart to put them in there. They win this friday and I will put them in my top 10.

I believe the top 4 is pretty solid. I believe that this weekend is going to be an interesting championship weekend.
Sorry, I ment to put Highlands at 5, and Central at 8... lol my bad
UcantNomyName Wrote:well i dont think anyone was going on facts there hosscat it was a opinion and everyone has one

True. If, however, black rebel wasn't aware of Highlands beating Central 28-0 in the last regular season game, then he would have been ignorant of the fact, and the ranking would have been made out of ignorance. So technically the Best in State 10's post would have been accurate Big Grin
raiderwave Wrote:1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Simon Kenton
4. Bell County
5. Central
6. Breathitt
7. Belfry
8. Highlands
9.Beechwood
10. Johnson Central

I know that one night doesn't mean a team is better than the other, but I do believe that puts Breathitt above Belfry.

I had to put Johnson Central on the list, with the game they played against Highlands. Very good team and could compete with the best of them.

I'm a Hazard fan as well but I just didn't have the heart to put them in there. They win this friday and I will put them in my top 10.

I believe the top 4 is pretty solid. I believe that this weekend is going to be an interesting championship weekend.

really can't see Simon Kenton or Bell ahead of Highlands this year. Certainly not Simon Kenton. Don't know what Bell has but I'm pretty sure Highlands can handle what Simon Kenton has.

If your going to put Johnson Central on the list because of the game they played against Highlands, then what about Bryan Station? Bryan Station played Highlands one tough game. Winning until the last 19 seconds of the game when Guidugli connected with Collinsworth for the game winning td for the Birds.
tradition Wrote:really can't see Simon Kenton or Bell ahead of Highlands this year. Certainly not Simon Kenton. Don't know what Bell has but I'm pretty sure Highlands can handle what Simon Kenton has.

If your going to put Johnson Central on the list because of the game they played against Highlands, then what about Bryan Station? Bryan Station played Highlands one tough game. Winning until the last 19 seconds of the game when Guidugli connected with Collinsworth for the game winning td for the Birds.

Heck, based on matchups with Highlands, I'd put Bryan Station on the list before JC and Lou. Central. But in being fair to those two schools, Highlands played the poorest game (execution and penalty wise) I've seen them play in years and years when they played Bryan Station. Highlands should have beat Bryan Station by several touchdowns. They in my opinion were better than Central but definitely not JC.
Blau Vogel Wrote:1. Trinity
2. Highlands

3. Newport Central
4. Christian Co
5. Simon Kenton
6. Central
7. Ft Campbell
8. Beechwood
8. Bell Co
10. Breathitt Co
11. Bullitt E
12. Hazard

WOW! I know you have a right to your opinion, but how you can think that 3-12 could beat S X is a mystery to me! Trinity I can understand (they have proven they can beat St X. I imagain Highlands on occasion could (rarely). The rest in my opinon is laughable.
easyM Wrote:So are you saying the single A and double A teams you listed are better than JC?

Every single team that i have listed in my top 10 i believe is at a better level yes!
I dont get where you say i'm jealous?? i did not even put jchs in my top 10? You are just upset because i dont feel your team needs to be number1! which team do you feel doesn't deserve to be there??? thats my question to you?? i've said nothing about johnson central, so dont say im jealous!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Trinity
2. St. X

3. Highlands

4. Central
5. Bell County

6. Ft. Campbell
7. NewCath
8. Beechwood
9. Christian County
10. John Hardin

I like.
1. St. X