Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should UFC be a high school sport?
JackRabbitSlimJR Wrote:It will not ever happen!:flame:

i think i said in my statement that there is no way it would happen Cool
cross_rider Wrote:Absolutely Postively Not. I Am Not A Violet Person Which All Of You Should Know By Now. I Have Been Around For A Very Very Long Time. Mma Fighting Is Way To Violent And I Do Not See How It Is Acceptable In My World. I Mean, This Is The Kind Of Stuff That Starts Wars. Fighting!!! Everyone Please Help Me To Stop All Of The Fighting In Your Area, I Have Enough Power Alone To Do It But I Will Need Help. God Bless You All.

Wow you have no clue what mma is even about. Boxing is way more BRUTAL than mma. In boxing people can get knocked out 5 or 6 times in a single match and still be allowed to fight. In mma, if you get knocked out it's over, your done, not the case with boxing. Also the fight doesn't have to end with a knockout in mma, there are many ways for it to end.
It shouldn't be, kids would do it just to look cool. and don't even make me start on all the people who know nothing about MMA posting here. The sport of MMA is one of the things I consider myself a keen follower of and knowledgeable about.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Im not going to try and change your view on mma, but it is not a glorified street fight. There are many aspects to mma such as wrestling, bjj(submissions), boxing,judo,muy thia and many more. You can not be great at just one of these things in mma to be a great fighter in mma. You have to learn about each and every aspect of mma, otherwise you will get beat everytime you step into the ring/cage. It's just not to people in there swinging for he fences.

You sir are wrong. Look at the greatest MMA fighter in the world haha.
Fedor knows 1 style and 1 style only. Sambo Is his forte' and he does quite well lol. Just saying.
I dont think it is a good idea for high school it would cause too many problems outside of the ring and the KHSAA would never allow it.
No...never...
Definitely will not happen. If for no other reason, insurance would not be possible. The risk is too great. MMA is a great sport, but this would and should never happen.
One reason, if only one was needed, that it will not happen is INSURANCE!!! Football and Wrestling already catch heat left and right. MMA is an awesome sport. I think it is great, but lets allow these young men to get outta HS and make up there mind then. That is basically what all the other great MMA fighters have done.

A good wrestling background can be developed in HS and even college (if they have what it takes), which is often where many of the greats got their start (ex Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, etc).
YES!!! This would be awesome. It would prove which people could back up what they say.
Your an absolute moron if you think UFC should be High School sponsored
i think it should because its a great sport an it helps a child train his mind and body for all of the hardships he must face
hollow Wrote:i think it should because its a great sport an it helps a child train his mind and body for all of the hardships he must face

How will fighting MMA in high school train a teenagers mind & body for the hardships in life? That makes absolutely no sense.

Wrestling is the closest sport there is in high school to MMA, and that's as close as its going to get. Way to many fighters suffer concussions, probably 3X more than high school football.
Absolutely not. We need to use common sense.
i would definitely do it if it was a high school sport but like everybody has already said there is noway this will happen.
lol i would love it Smile
i already do mma outside of school
Absolutely no way should this be in high schools.

I think it is fine for kids to learn on these skills on their own. But when it comes to high school sports and you see how most kids are immature, now imagine them acting like that doing MMA. Somebody would get hurt bad.
No.
yes i would love that and i know a group of people that would do it. but i just don't think they will.
One word. NO!
I am a parent i would not want my child to be in UFC in high school
Nope
Common sense here, absolutely not. Put them in the wrestling room to get tough.
MrRight Wrote:You sir are wrong. Look at the greatest MMA fighter in the world haha.
Fedor knows 1 style and 1 style only. Sambo Is his forte' and he does quite well lol. Just saying.
He might be excellent at Sambo but if you watch him hes pretty veratile. If he does get taken down hes got good standup and good grous skills along with some mean hands.
Sambo is pretty much submission grappling, pretty sure he's versatile in many different aspects of MMA.
No
cross_rider Wrote:Absolutely Postively Not. I Am Not A Violet Person Which All Of You Should Know By Now.

I'm not a violet person either. I don't think race should be an issue when discussing this...
if a sport can keep a kid from going to school the next day (let alone a possible week) it wont be a high school sport in the near future
I think there should be boxing in the schools. 18 oz gloves. Full Facial Headgear and some protection in the most important area for us. Smile
Theshinningknight Wrote:Absolutely not. The kids would take some bad injuries and maybe even some life existing ones. High school is not about the sports and a lot of people begin to think that. It is about the education and preparation for the real world.

It would prepare them for marriage!:lmao:
no that will never will happen and plue theres to many other sports that should be before UFC