Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should UFC be a high school sport?
Seriously, what do you think about UFC fighting becoming a high school sport?
its called mixed martial arts(mma) not ufc. the ufc is an organization-such as wwe and tna in professional wrestling. there is the ufc, wec-owned by the ufc, pride, and strike force. these are the major organizations in mma. as far as your question no, because there are simply too many areas of mma for highschools to try and teach kids. plus it would never be sanctioned, people dont like the sound of kids fighting as a sport in high school.
Simple answer: NO!
KHSAA would never sponsor.
Yes and no. yes because it would help kids to be able to do something they really liked doing and it would help teach respect.No because it is a very dangerous sport and the KHSAA would not sponsor it in any way.Big Grin
yes but if the ones who do it is ever caught fighting outside of school or in school not in a match then they should be kicked out
No, wrestling is the closest thing to it. Boxing would come before MMA and I don't see boxing ever becoming a sanctioned sport by KHSAA either.
LCthug Wrote:Seriously, what do you think about UFC fighting becoming a high school sport?

Absolutely NO!!! Ilove watching it but it is to brutal for school kids. If kids want to learn martial arts they can attend classes away from school. After they become of age if they want to pursue fighting then they have the choice.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:its called mixed martial arts(mma) not ufc. the ufc is an organization-such as wwe and tna in professional wrestling. there is the ufc, wec-owned by the ufc, pride, and strike force. these are the major organizations in mma. as far as your question no, because there are simply too many areas of mma for highschools to try and teach kids. plus it would never be sanctioned, people dont like the sound of kids fighting as a sport in high school.

They actually went bankrupt and shut it down.
This would never happen. I don't care for it much anyways. I think its boring.
no way thats not even a sport its just a glorified street fight
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:They actually went bankrupt and shut it down.
No they didnt. The WEC is owned by the UFC, they just had a fightcard last week, it was on a wednesday. You are thinking about pro elite, they went bank rupt and they owned elite xc.
jolly rancher Wrote:no way thats not even a sport its just a glorified street fight

Im not going to try and change your view on mma, but it is not a glorified street fight. There are many aspects to mma such as wrestling, bjj(submissions), boxing,judo,muy thia and many more. You can not be great at just one of these things in mma to be a great fighter in mma. You have to learn about each and every aspect of mma, otherwise you will get beat everytime you step into the ring/cage. It's just not to people in there swinging for he fences.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:This would never happen. I don't care for it much anyways. I think its boring.

Boring..............it beats boxing, baseball, hockey, golf, and nba games in my book.
Nope!
no!
It would never be sponsored by KHSAA and it would cause problem with kids out side of schools
I wish MMA was in high schools. I'd be an athlete then.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Boring..............it beats boxing, baseball, hockey, golf, and nba games in my book.

you like mma but not boxing? you can play all of the others you metioned but you cant play boxing. :confused:
no, plain and simple lol
This is moot. National Federation of High School Sports (NFHSS) has banned such contact sports as Boxing, Martial Art, and jousting, from competitive activities. This means that a school could not support a team that competes in any active competitions.

I have heard of schools that have "un-official" activities such as Boxing, MMA and fencing. But they cannot compete.

There is no insurance around that would sanction school competitions such as this. The insurance that schools (through the state or independent schools) is an incredible fee already.
i've seen this before i think....i don't think it should be...but i believe nelson co. used it for a fund raiser once....

they had the octagon set up in their gym and one particular club or something was hosting a fund raiser with admission and money from fighters paying their way in
It should be a high school sport. Wrestling is a high school sport and some fighters are nothing but wrestlers.
Khsaa would never allow it
Even the notion is idiotic!
LCthug Wrote:It should be a high school sport. Wrestling is a high school sport and some fighters are nothing but wrestlers.

And 8 times out of 10 that wrestler will lose to a fighter who trains all aspects of mma, not just one of them.
for my own selfish amusment i would like to see it but no there is no way with the way parents act at other sporting events over a foul just imagine how they're gonna act when their kid is getting wore out
Absolutely not. The kids would take some bad injuries and maybe even some life existing ones. High school is not about the sports and a lot of people begin to think that. It is about the education and preparation for the real world.
the 1 the only Wrote:for my own selfish amusment i would like to see it but no there is no way with the way parents act at other sporting events over a foul just imagine how they're gonna act when their kid is getting wore out

It will not ever happen!:flame:
Absolutely Postively Not. I Am Not A Violet Person Which All Of You Should Know By Now. I Have Been Around For A Very Very Long Time. Mma Fighting Is Way To Violent And I Do Not See How It Is Acceptable In My World. I Mean, This Is The Kind Of Stuff That Starts Wars. Fighting!!! Everyone Please Help Me To Stop All Of The Fighting In Your Area, I Have Enough Power Alone To Do It But I Will Need Help. God Bless You All.