Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Mayo or Derrick Rose for Rookie of the Year?
Derek Rose
Too Early In The Season To Tell But If I Had To Pick Id Go With Rose
If they were to give the award today they would give it to O.J. Mayo.
Rookie scoring leaders:

1. Mayo 19.9
2. Rose 17.5
3. Westbrook 13.3
4. Beasley 13.3
5. Augustin 13.0

Former OJ running mate Bill Walker has only played in two games, but he is likely to win a ring before OJ ever gets to the Playoffs (Boston Celtics)
I will have to go with O.j. Mayo winning the Rookie Of The Year...He has played very well and has been very consistent.
derrick rose is better right now but o. j. majo well pass him up in a few years
Outside of Lebron and Kobe and maybe a few others I think in a couple of years Mayo will be one the top overall players in the league. He is just that good reminds me of Lebron anyways. Great player I would love to see him play on a championship team.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Outside of Lebron and Kobe and maybe a few others I think in a couple of years Mayo will be one the top overall players in the league. He is just that good reminds me of Lebron anyways. Great player I would love to see him play on a championship team.

I agree 100%!! Within the next few years I think OJ Mayo will be considered top 5 best players in the league at least. I've saw him play several times on all levels of basketball and he never seemed to disappoint me in any of them.
I think its a funny question because no doubt ROSE
I think Rose
This might be Greg Oden 2nd year, but this is his rookie year were he didn't play any games last year. Oden will win Rookie of the year. If it wasn't for that, i would say O.J. Mayo would.
cj2561 Wrote:This might be Greg Oden 2nd year, but this is his rookie year were he didn't play any games last year. Oden will win Rookie of the year. If it wasn't for that, i would say O.J. Mayo would.

I am curious to know why you think Oden would win over Memphis?

Rookies
Scoring
1. Mayo - 19.7
15. Oden - 8
Minutes per game
1. Mayo - 37.9
15. Oden - 22.7
Points+Rebounds+Assists
1. Mayo - 26.8
12. Oden - 15.9
Rebounds
3. Oden 7.3
9. Mayo 4.1

TEAM
Wins Through 30 games
Memphis (2007 - 2) - (2008 - 10)
Portland (2007 - 21) - (2008 - 20)

Mayo over Oden Wink
oden or mayo
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Derrick Rose is more deserving of it IMO because he makes his team better. Mayo dosent exactly do that. Both are great players though.

er yeah
8 more wins than last year after 30 games, Mayo who is leading the team in most all categories has not made a dismal team better??? Please...
Cardfan09 Wrote:I think its a funny question because no doubt ROSE

I would have thought it was no doubt MAYO.
Both are really good players and will be great players but I think MAYO has the edge right now. He is averaging 19 points a game and has to practically carry the team on his back.
OJ
id have to pick Derrick Rose he is puttin up big numbers not sayin O.J. aint but in my opinion i deff pick rose
OJ