Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OJ Mayo or Derrick Rose for Rookie of the Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both are going to be all-stars but who will win ROY??
Deff Derek Rose if the season ended today.
I'll take Rose, but OJ is still have a chance of winning it.
I would take Mayo.
Mayo.
I'd take Mayo.
Between the two, I would pick O.J. Mayo. I think Greg Oden will win the Rookie of the Year, though.
Greg Oden will win rookie of the year this year. This is Oden rookie year, were he didn't play last year.
Rose
Both are putting up great numbers so far during their rookie campaign. But if I had to choose, it would be Derrick Rose, he is more of a team player and can run the point for any professional team in the NBA.
OJ will win it
I've said O.J. all year long so I will stick with him.
OJ Mayo
This is easy. Rose. He has stepped up and played great here lately
I have to say Rose if the season stopped today but OJ Mayo is putting up great numbers and is gaining on Rose
oj
OJ...

Can someone post some stats?
I've personally played against OJ when I was in Junior High then when I was in High School, aslo played him at the YMCA a few times. I'm not the greatest basketball player in the world, but when in Jr High, you can jump over someone(myself) at 6 ft 2, thats something special. Derrick Rose is a great player and a great competitor, but i think OJ is better. All the way across the board.
Rose without question look how much he has done for the team. He is playing like he has been in the nba for 3 years. mayo is over rated
I would take Rose in this one. Just because he is willing to learn the game and look at what he has done for the bulls already. Also he watches tons of film on players and takes notes on them. That right there is dedication!
Mayo may have better stats... but Rose is a better all around player.
Derrick Rose
Yoshi#3 Wrote:Mayo may have better stats... but Rose is a better all around player.

I have to agree with my pal Yoshi on this one folks.
OJ will get it because of his stats.
Derrick Rose.. Mayo is just worried about himself and that will end up causing his stats to go down
Derrick Rose is more deserving of it IMO because he makes his team better. Mayo dosent exactly do that. Both are great players though.
Derrick Rose because he has been playing like he has been in the league for years now.
Looking at it know I change my mind, OJ Mayo is playing better basketball right now, but Rose still gets more hype because he was the number one draft choice.
Mayo, Rose is way overrated.
Currently, Derrick Rose. He's helped the Bulls out a lot so far this season. OJ Mayo is a good player but takes a lot of bad shots. But the season is young, so it could go either way.

Another good rookie though is Rudy Fernandez. He's been playing great in Portland. I doubt he is gonna win the ROY award, but he is still playing some good ball.
Pages: 1 2