Poll: Can a true UK fan also like Louisville?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.31%
No
62.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a true UK fan like Louisville?
sports-fan08 Wrote:I think someone might've already said this, but being a true-blue fan, I think its in my blood to hate lville. ;]

It should be in every Kentucky fan's blood!
How do you like Kentucky they are horable I mean Louisville Has a Good Coach The nations best and the nations best and top rated Freshman. Great Fans , and whopped up on The Cats too. So I guess if you wanted to like both u could but it isnt to me y you like ky. I mean the pa is done and over with look at now Upsetting losses in the last two years. Gardner Webb, San Diego St., Houston, VMI, Miami(FL), All which was at Rupp besides the Houston Game. So I dont understand. Also Louisville has won the last two meetings One upset If you call it that too Rupp. Tubbby Smith Came in and Won a National Championship with Rick Pitinos Team and Not done anything else and Billy G some improvements but not what it was when Ricky P was There
Cardfan09 Wrote:How do you like Kentucky they are horable I mean Louisville Has a Good Coach The nations best and the nations best and top rated Freshman. Great Fans , and whopped up on The Cats too. So I guess if you wanted to like both u could but it isnt to me y you like ky. I mean the pa is done and over with look at now Upsetting losses in the last two years. Gardner Webb, San Diego St., Houston, VMI, Miami(FL), All which was at Rupp besides the Houston Game. So I dont understand. Also Louisville has won the last two meetings One upset If you call it that too Rupp. Tubbby Smith Came in and Won a National Championship with Rick Pitinos Team and Not done anything else and Billy G some improvements but not what it was when Ricky P was There

The reason we have been so horrible here lately(losing to all those teams) is because of the mess tubby left our program in. louisville did not whip us this year, they won on a lucky 3 point shot, not a beating like you have suggested. Also if louisville is such a great team, why didn't they blow UK out of the water then???
Cardfan09 Wrote:How do you like Kentucky they are horable I mean Louisville Has a Good Coach The nations best and the nations best and top rated Freshman. Great Fans , and whopped up on The Cats too. So I guess if you wanted to like both u could but it isnt to me y you like ky. I mean the pa is done and over with look at now Upsetting losses in the last two years. Gardner Webb, San Diego St., Houston, VMI, Miami(FL), All which was at Rupp besides the Houston Game. So I dont understand. Also Louisville has won the last two meetings One upset If you call it that too Rupp. Tubbby Smith Came in and Won a National Championship with Rick Pitinos Team and Not done anything else and Billy G some improvements but not what it was when Ricky P was There

You name all those teams that has beating UK, but your forgetting about WKU whooping up on Louisville this year. Nations best coach with 0 championships with Louisville. Nations best freshman but yet he struggled almost every game this year by playing under the rim and not being physical enough. This was supposed of been a year that Louisville had a chance to "cut down the nets" but yet barely beat a young and inexperienced Uk team. But its ok to live in fairytale land, reality will kick in come March. Wink
Jshort5 Wrote:You have to hate Loserville if you're a true UK fan.
but to win u have to like louisville HA Ha:p
thetribe Wrote:This is the case with me. UK all the way, in any sport, against any team.

except the ville
Money Maker Wrote:You name all those teams that has beating UK, but your forgetting about WKU whooping up on Louisville this year. Nations best coach with 0 championships with Louisville. Nations best freshman but yet he struggled almost every game this year by playing under the rim and not being physical enough. This was supposed of been a year that Louisville had a chance to "cut down the nets" but yet barely beat a young and inexperienced Uk team. But its ok to live in fairytale land, reality will kick in come March. Wink
Who the HE** won buddy and unexpierenced cats. I mean sure think that if u want. But WKU lose what abiut it Ive heard of them no VMI or gardner Webb and besides those UK losses at Rupp not the WKU and Louisville it wouldn't at Freedom Hall!!
I'm a Cats fan only!!!
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:The reason we have been so horrible here lately(losing to all those teams) is because of the mess tubby left our program in. louisville did not whip us this year, they won on a lucky 3 point shot, not a beating like you have suggested. Also if louisville is such a great team, why didn't they blow UK out of the water then???
Smart Person here the Mess tubby left us in!!
But lucky three point shot was porters 3pointers he had 3 of them and hasn't made one since moby **** was a minnow HA Ha and stevenson made a three how lucky. I mean call it what you one but take the cats lucky four threes and that one and by my math cardinals one by 9 so all you cats that are still sick from the cardinal whopping disease there is some medication out there its called the Rick Pitinoand the cardinals:p
DevilsWin Wrote:Louisville should be annexed by Indiana. Get the whole city out of Kentucky. This is the BLUEgrass State!

Get it!?!
Its ok somebody in the state has to win Ha Ha
Hillbilly18 Wrote:No WAY U CAN ROOT FOR L_VILLE UK ALL THE WAY . I HATE L-VILLE LIKE I HATE NC AND DUKE. U CANT ROOT FOR UK FOOTBALL AND L-VILLE BASKETBALL MOST STUPID THING I EVER HEARD OF!
All u Ky fans listen up why do u hate Duke and Louisville because they beat u all in a last second shot HA Ha. They beat u fair and square and u cant take it!!Big Grin
Let me give you a little history lesson. Their have been 40 games between UK and UofL. UK has one 26 of those games. Thats 65%. Then their has been 19 games between UK and Duke. UK winning 11 of them. Thats 58%. So we've learned today that UK is and will always be better than either UofL or Duke. You've just been schooled.
sherman14 Wrote:Let me give you a little history lesson. Their have been 40 games between UK and UofL. UK has one 26 of those games. Thats 65%. Then their has been 19 games between UK and Duke. UK winning 11 of them. Thats 58%. So we've learned today that UK is and will always be better than either UofL or Duke. You've just been schooled.

Saying that neither will ever be better then UK shows that you know absolutely nothing....:Thumbs:
Yea its possible because im a fan of both teams i also support wku and eku and morehead
theVILLE Wrote:All u Ky fans listen up why do u hate Duke and Louisville because they beat u all in a last second shot HA Ha. They beat u fair and square and u cant take it!!Big Grin

You hate Kentucky because comparing the history of Kentucky basketball to Louisville basketball is absolutely laughable.Wink
dore20 Wrote:Saying that neither will ever be better then UK shows that you know absolutely nothing....:Thumbs:

Ok it's now time for FACTS. UK has won the NCAA Championship 7 Times. Is the winningest program of all time. Have been in 13 FF's. Have been in the top two NCCA tournament 10 times. And has 26 SEC Championships. And one to add this year. UK is and forever will be the greatest. UofL nor anyone else will ever surpass the greatness of KENTUCKY.
sherman14 Wrote:Ok it's now time for FACTS. UK has won the NCAA Championship 7 Times. Is the winningest program of all time. Have been in 13 FF's. Have been in the top two NCCA tournament 10 times. And has 26 SEC Championships. And one to add this year. UK is and forever will be the greatest. UofL nor anyone else will ever surpass the greatness of KENTUCKY.

People could make an argument for UCLA, but I still say no. Kentucky as or right now is the greatest program of all time.
sherman14 Wrote:Ok it's now time for FACTS. UK has won the NCAA Championship 7 Times. Is the winningest program of all time. Have been in 13 FF's. Have been in the top two NCCA tournament 10 times. And has 26 SEC Championships. And one to add this year. UK is and forever will be the greatest. UofL nor anyone else will ever surpass the greatness of KENTUCKY.

Great post!! Big Grin And Uk and UL overall record could be added to this too. :thumpsup:
I'm a fan of both teams. I'm actually a fan of any team in the state of Kentucky.
NO, because if you are a "TRUE" Kentucky fan then you wouldn't even think about cheering for Loserville in any sport. End of Story!
Aslan Wrote:I'm a fan of both teams. I'm actually a fan of any team in the state of Kentucky.

My thought exactly. I'm a UC, UK, UofL & X fan. When UC & X play, I'm a UC fan first. When UK & the Cards play, I'm a UK fan. Bottom line, I want the local teams to win and do well.
My answer is...

NEVER!!!

I will alwayd root against Louisville, in all sports, no matter what. If they're playing Duke, go Devils. If they're playing Carolina, go Heels. Heck, if it's their rifle team, I hope they miss all their shots. Big Grin

Boo Louisville!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NO, If you are a True Big Blue FAN
I think UK and UL fans alike should at the very least have respect for the other program. In the great big scheme of things, the annual UL/UK game doesn't amount to anything. Just my two cents.