Poll: Can a true UK fan also like Louisville?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.31%
No
62.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a true UK fan like Louisville?
My opinion is no. If you are a true blue UK fan I don't see how you could support UofL in any way, shape, or form.

Some on here have said they are fans of UofL football but a fan of UK basketball. Others have said the opposite; that they are fans of UK football but also a fan of UofL basketball. Others have made the claim that they support UofL whenever they're not playing UK.

What's your opinion? If you're a true UK fan, isn't hating Louisville in your blood?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You have to hate Loserville if you're a true UK fan.
I like WVU, But I'm sorry if you like both U of L and UK .ur not a fan AT ALL
*cough*cough*...I think this thread is directed at "dore20". SmileSmile
I root for UK anytime they play U of L in anything, but if U of L is playing anyone else you have to root for an in-state school.
I hate Louisville, always have hated Louisville, was raised to hate the Cards and will always hate the Card. I am a True BLue fan through and through. If you supports Louisville at all then you are no friend of mine lol
Its like listening to bluegrass music, and then listening to rap music on the same radio station.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Hate if you want i dont reeally care. Im blue during the fall and red after that. Ive always gone to uk football games and just grew up loving the team. But once ball season hit i put on the red and black. I mean you hardcore uk fans can hate all you want because ill enjoy football with you, and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)
ComfortEagle Wrote:If you're a true UK fan, isn't hating Louisville in your blood?

This is the case with me. UK all the way, in any sport, against any team.

dore20 Wrote:Hate if you want i dont reeally care. Im blue during the fall and red after that. Ive always gone to uk football games and just grew up loving the team. But once ball season hit i put on the red and black. I mean you hardcore uk fans can hate all you want because ill enjoy football with you, and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)

No one is "hating." Rolleyes

I simply don't see how you can fully support one team and then turn around and support their biggest rival in a different sport.:moon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat Wrote:I root for UK anytime they play U of L in anything, but if U of L is playing anyone else you have to root for an in-state school.

You don't HAVE to, that's just the propaganda UofL moles have been spreading for years and finally some have started to believe it. I don't even consider UofL an in-state school. Have you ever been to Louisville and watched the news? They try to distance themselves from the rest of Kentucky all the time, like they're ashamed of the rest of the state. They even call themselves "Kentuckiana." And I've yet to meet a person from Northern KY, who hasn't said, "oh, I'm from the Cincinnati, OH area." Like I don't know where Fort Thomas is...come on!

So, I don't consider UofL an in-state school, I consider them a rival and our most-hated enemy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im a fan of Rick Pitino, and could care less about their football team. UK is ok but as long as gillispie is there, they wont do anything. Like I said in a post on another thread, I am a fan of sports in general and not one certain team. I dont believe that a person has to be a fan of UK or any team for that matter just because you live in the state, city, region, whatever. Some people take it too seriously with this UK true blue crap.
As an FSU fan, there is NO liking FU or The U. I would assume same rules apply here.
I also root for Louisville if they arn't playing UK.. I like to see anyone in Kentucky do good.. I also root for WVU & Marshall...

I rank them like this

1. UK
2. UL
3. WVU
4. Marshall

Although when UL plays WVU I rooted for the mountaineers. lol
Lville was my second fav team untill I moved to Lville and got to know their fans. They are always comparing the 2 teams and for some reason thinks 2 is a bigger number than 7. Oh yea, also think winning 1 orange bowl (by winning the Big East, with all those hard teams lol) makes them the best football team ever.
dore20 Wrote:and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)

Yep, and VMI is a lot better then Georgetown, so don't be so sure of yourself. Smile
dore20 Wrote:Hate if you want i dont reeally care. Im blue during the fall and red after that. Ive always gone to uk football games and just grew up loving the team. But once ball season hit i put on the red and black. I mean you hardcore uk fans can hate all you want because ill enjoy football with you, and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)

I know why you don't like Louisville football, they got their butts handed to them on friday as they did this year against UK. In my own opinion there is no way you can like both. I HATE LOUISVILLE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME!!!
VMI is alot better at shooting then UofL
blackcat Wrote:Yep, and VMI is a lot better then Georgetown, so don't be so sure of yourself. Smile

That could acctualy be debated. ID take G-town over VMI
RavenBoy Wrote:VMI is alot better at shooting then UofL

No, not even close. VMI played the game of there lives against UK just as Gardner Webb did last year. This was there 15 minutes of fame and now they are probably done.
Money Maker Wrote:I know why you don't like Louisville football, they got their butts handed to them on friday as they did this year against UK. In my own opinion there is no way you can like both. I HATE LOUISVILLE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME!!!

No i dont like U of L football because ive had season tickets to UK for 9 years now and i just love it at Commonwealth.
Hate Loserville And Duke.
Money Maker Wrote:I know why you don't like Louisville football, they got their butts handed to them on friday as they did this year against UK. In my own opinion there is no way you can like both. I HATE LOUISVILLE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME!!!

I like ever SEC team in football. After football is over. I just watch the games, untill the next football season. The SEC is the best conf. around, and it has been for a while. But in Basketball the SEC is getting better, But the best basketball conf is the ACC and the Big East.
I think that a true UK fan can support Louisville when we're not playing them.
No, UK only!! JMO
I am the same way. I don't like Louisville football, never have. But I used to be a fan of UK basketball until Tubby because he ruined them. I like UK football though, I don't cheer for them religously but I do like them. But I am a die hard Pitino fan and Cards basketball fan. U of L basketball is much better than Uk this year and I think UK proved that the other day in the embarrassing loss to VMI. But this might be the worst thing that will happen to UK all year, except for you fans when they lose to the Cards at The Ville.

Plus the big difference between the G-town game with U of L and the VMI game with UK is.....

LOUISVILLE STILL WON!!!!! As for UK they have a big L on the scoreboard.
I don't understand why UK fans can not just swallow your pride and take the fact that U of L is better. One thing us Cards fans can at least realize is when a team is better than us. Which according to college basketball EXPERTS, there is only two teams that have that title. And UK is DEFINITELY not one of them.
No. You like one or the other not both!
Never!
RavenBoy Wrote:Lville was my second fav team untill I moved to Lville and got to know their fans. They are always comparing the 2 teams and for some reason thinks 2 is a bigger number than 7. Oh yea, also think winning 1 orange bowl (by winning the Big East, with all those hard teams lol) makes them the best football team ever.

UK fans are just as bad as LOUISVILLE fans , i'm here in eastern ky and i get sick of UK fans talk about how many championships they won.MY cousin played for the UK womans team in the late 70's , D.ODEN . WHOis also married to LAVON WILLIAMS a former UK WILDCAT.
No! I bleed blue. Theyre is no red involved.