Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
84.29%
Pike County Central
15.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central @ Russell (3A 1st round)
I'll take russell, 44-14, thank P.C.C will get a score or two in. I for see russell being up conciderably at half and saving some gas in the final two quarters for the next week. imo i think the devils are peeking and a great time.
jgrubby Wrote:Got any "left overs" from last night?LOL I'm stuffed. Hopefully, The Red Devils won't get the big head again. But a little confidence doesn't hurt.

I finished the last off this morning Grubby.Smile Smile If Russell loses another game i 'll be eating It for the week.I'm picking Russell to win every game from here on out.

I am an HABITUAL TROUBLE MAKER and yes I will be respectfully talking smack to Russell's opponets.Big Grin

GO RED DEVILS:rockon:
I will go with Russell but not by a blowout. I will say by 21(maybe) if they play like they are capable of. The only problem with this team is problems within themselves.
Nick and AJ might both be able to play this week, if not Spencer Hutchinson will start center and Derek Fosson will play quarterback, also this week Travis Jones will be playing the right half instead of right guard.
Russell will win. But, if PCC can pass the ball, they have a shot. I dont think Russell does as well against the pass.
BO1988 Wrote:I'll take russell, 44-14, thank P.C.C will get a score or two in. I for see russell being up conciderably at half and saving some gas in the final two quarters for the next week. imo i think the devils are peeking and a great time.

What are they looking at?Big Grin Just kiddin. I don't think they are peaking either, but I do think they are the most dangerous team in the east to be a spoiler. A spoiler for us Belfry fans, that is. Wink
jgrubby Wrote:LOL you haven't seen the polls have ya? They dropped almost out of the rankings. But lets hope they are a sleeper, huh?

They are still 6 in 3A cantrell ratings though! which gives them some credit for there schedule!
ryanparker Wrote:When in the world are all these players getting injured? I guess we will start to get a preview of next year, huh?

Bailey got turf toe playing on turf in regular cleats at Simon Kenton! I've always thought it crazy to play on turf in regular cleats, he is lucky that is the worse that happened! Russell should consider supplying turf cleats in the future! I am sure schools that have turf have regular cleats for games on the road in grass!
PCC's wins are against Tug Valley WV 42-26, East Ridge 40-6, Magoffin County 40-18 and Phelps 53-6.

The Hawks have lost to Hazard 47-13, Boyd County 39-15, Tolsia WV 21-20, Sheldon Clark 49-0, Belfry 56-7 and Paintsville 12-7.
Not very impressive.
Russell takes this one!
Russell easy!

I don't think Russell can beat Belfry, but for all you Red Devil fans who think so, you better be able to put PCC away with ease because Belfry is 10 times better than PCC on a good day.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I now feel fairly confident Belfry will beat Russell after your post.....

Because everyone knows the one thing that gets a Pirate team more fired up and is viewed as more disrespctful than being called "overrated" is when someone misspells "B-E-L-F-R-Y" Smile

"Russell County" can go ahead and thank you for costing their playoff hopes... Wink
We are not "Russell County". We are Russell Independent Schools. Russell County is home to Lake Cumbeland, directly south of Lexington. We are in Northeastern part of Kentucky. The tri-state area of Ironton OH, Huntington West Virginia and Ashland Kentucky.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
EKY Sportster Wrote:Russell easy!

I don't think Russell can beat Belfry, but for all you Red Devil fans who think so, you better be able to put PCC away with ease because Belfry is 10 times better than PCC on a good day.
OK, Great tip! :thumpsup:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
48-7 Russell easily in the first round.
kyfballfan Wrote:Nick and AJ might both be able to play this week, if not Spencer Hutchinson will start center and Derek Fosson will play quarterback, also this week Travis Jones will be playing the right half instead of right guard.

I am glad to hear that they might play. If they are injured, though, then part of me thinks they should sit out and try to heal up for Belfry. On the other hand, it might benefit them to get some game activity this week and not get too out of practice. Are their injuries minor or serious?

I thought Brandon Sparks was the backup QB? Also, who is replacing Jones at guard? Whatever the case, they had better get as close to full strength as possible for next week at Belfry. I don't care if they just win this week by a point. Win and advance.
jgrubby Wrote:We are not "Russell County". We are Russell Independent Schools. Russell County is home to Lake Cumbeland, directly south of Lexington. We are in Northeastern part of Kentucky. The tri-state area of Ironton OH, Huntington West Virginia and Ashland Kentucky.

HAHA... my point.....
jgrubby Wrote:We are not "Russell County". We are Russell Independent Schools. Russell County is home to Lake Cumbeland, directly south of Lexington. We are in Northeastern part of Kentucky. The tri-state area of Ironton OH, Huntington West Virginia and Ashland Kentucky.

He knows that. It was sarcsm because someone spelled Belfry wrong (Belfrey).
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pike Central is about 4 pass completions away from certain Devil posters claiming that they need to bring in a new defensive coordinator Smile

I can recognize them because they resemble certain Pirate fans who were calling for Haywood's retirement two years ago.

I personally like this post the best.

I remember when many of the Belfry faithful were complaining about Haywood and the playcalling. Being way to concervative. Its just as funny now up north.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA... my point.....

Just so you know that was a Raceland fan that mispelled it. I know him and he is a trouble maker. Now you have leveled the playing field by the "Russell County" remark. Big Grin
FBALL Wrote:Just so you know that was a Raceland fan that mispelled it. I know him and he is a trouble maker. Now you have leveled the playing field by the "Russell County" remark. Big Grin

HAHA... My personal favorite though is still last year's Regional Finals when a group of Belfry fans are in Somerset and they see a group of Breathitt County fans in full attire. Apparently once conversation was started it was discovered those Bobcat fans were going to "Russell County" instead of "Russell".

I guess on the bright side it could have been worse.... they could have went to "Russellville" instead. Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA... My personal favorite though is still last year's Regional Finals when a group of Belfry fans are in Somerset and they see a group of Breathitt County fans in full attire. Apparently once conversation was started it was discovered those Bobcat fans were going to "Russell County" instead of "Russell".

I guess on the bright side it could have been worse.... they could have went to "Russellville" instead. Smile

See at least you guys just suffer through chronic spelling lapses. We get confused with two places that are not even in the same time zone.
FBALL Wrote:Just so you know that was a Raceland fan that mispelled it. I know him and he is a trouble maker. Now you have leveled the playing field by the "Russell County" remark. Big Grin

That's what I thought , . :notworthy
kyfballfan Wrote:Nick and AJ might both be able to play this week, if not Spencer Hutchinson will start center and Derek Fosson will play quarterback, also this week Travis Jones will be playing the right half instead of right guard.

Fosson, from what I've seen looks very capable to fill in at QB.

With Bailey out I like the move of Jones from gaurd to HB. It gives the offense another demension and takes away the ability to just key on Abrams.
Russelll-38
Pike Central-12
FBALL Wrote:Fosson, from what I've seen looks very capable to fill in at QB.

With Bailey out I like the move of Jones from gaurd to HB. It gives the offense another demension and takes away the ability to just key on Abrams.
What did you think of Storm running the other night? He showed promise of strength at Fullback. This could help if Abrams needs a block and a rest. Will is quick, just not big enough to go thru anyone though.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:What did you think of Storm running the other night? He showed promise of strength at Fullback. This could help if Abrams needs a block and a rest. Will is quick, just not big enough to go thru anyone though.
Burgess did well as a blocking back in the Power I. I would imagine we will still see him there some. I would think he would be a natural in the gaurd spot though if Jones moves to halfback.

Don't forget that the gaurds at Russell are some of the best athletes on the team.Wink
FBALL Wrote:Burgess did well as a blocking back in the Power I. I would imagine we will still see him there some. I would think he would be a natural in the gaurd spot though if Jones moves to halfback.

Don't forget that the gaurds at Russell are some of the best athletes on the team.Wink
Wow, is it me or is the BS level getting deep. So what postion did you play, way back when? Jone is quick but why haven't they used him more?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Wow, is it me or is the BS level getting deep. So what postion did you play, way back when? Jone is quick but why haven't they used him more?
He has played running back his entire life. But with his strength and quickness they moved him into the need at a gaurd spot this year. Abrams and Bailey were returning at the halfbacks. With Bailey injured the need for another option at running back has opened up. Jones will fill that spot nicely IMO.

Burgess is bigger and still pretty quick. It is only my opinion but I think he is a perfect fit as a pulling gaurd.
russell in this one go red devils!!!
Hey EKU, I take that back, the chronic misspelling gets us too.

How hard is it to put two L's on Russell. What the L?