Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
84.29%
Pike County Central
15.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central @ Russell (3A 1st round)
P.C.C. looks to be a fair team, not the worst, not the best. Just came off a win over Tug Valley, W.Va. Russell, has had a week to reload and heal. Your thoughts on how Russell does agianst PCC?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:P.C.C. looks to be a fair team, not the worst, not the best. Just came off a win over Tug Valley, W.Va. Russell, has had a week to reload and heal. Your thoughts on how Russell does agianst PCC?

Russell relatively easy. Pike Central has some good athletes, but they are very turnover prone. Russell 42-6.
russell wins this game as much as they want...
Russell takes it by 40 or so.
It is good to see the Red Devils will be back in action. Mark my words everyone will see a different team.Ivan :rockon: will have them ready to go.

GO RED DEVILS
kybaseball Wrote:It is good to see the Red Devils will be back in action. Mark my words everyone will see a different team.Ivan :rockon: will have them ready to go.

GO RED DEVILS
Got any "left overs" from last night?LOL I'm stuffed. Hopefully, The Red Devils won't get the big head again. But a little confidence doesn't hurt.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I think Russell will win this one rather easily. I think it is more important that everyone comes out of this game healthy and ready for the fight of their lives the next week in Belfry.
Russell might win this one. Ill take the Devils in this one but I wouldnt say rarely easy because Russell is OVERATED!
Tailback44 Wrote:Russell might win this one. Ill take the Devils in this one but I wouldnt say rarely easy because Russell is OVERATED!
I hope everyone thinks Russell is overated.
FBALL Wrote:I hope everyone thinks Russell is overated.

Me and You both know Russell is overated.
Russell will win this one but P.C.C will give them fits
russell 41
P.C.C 20
Tailback44 Wrote:Me and You both know Russell is overated.

How are they overrated? They are not rated that high in the rankings. They haven't had a stellar season this year. They have lost 3 in a row to 3 good teams.
I say PC scores once or twice on the first team, but Russell is better on the line. But Central does have some nice athletes and one lineman who is really good, Hadley Maynard I think is his name.
Russell can't come out looking ahead to Belfry and most teams Iwould worry about that, but they are well coached and I expect them to come out focused.
Comparisson it's hard to tell, they are maybe one or two tochdowns better than East Carter, just a differnt style. I say 41-14 Red Devils and 28-7 at halftime.
Russell is about 5 TD's better than Pike Central. The Hawks may make soem Russell fans uncomfortable as they have the ability to gain some yards and break off big plays. The bottom line is PC committs way too many turnovers and do not have the ability to stop Russell's ground game.

Russell 42
PC 7
Russell has some injured players, AJ might not be able to play this game, and David will be sitting out also, and Russell is putting people in different place on defense and offense this week.
Tailback44 Wrote:Russell might win this one. Ill take the Devils in this one but I wouldnt say rarely easy because Russell is OVERATED!
LOL you haven't seen the polls have ya? They dropped almost out of the rankings. But lets hope they are a sleeper, huh?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
russell in this one.
Russell 38
Pike Co. Central 18

Good luck to both!
FBALL Wrote:I hope everyone thinks Russell is overated.

Russell will crush Pike County Central. If Belfrey thinks Russell is overrated like apparently Johnson Central thought Belfrey was overrated Belfrey might get the suprise of their lives in the playoffs. Russell finally woke up and played Russell football in the Raceland Game. LIke I said before I came away from that game more impressed with Russell than Raceland. Russell has the players to beat Belfrey as long as they have the attitude to go with it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Russell is about 5 TD's better than Pike Central. The Hawks may make soem Russell fans uncomfortable as they have the ability to gain some yards and break off big plays. The bottom line is PC committs way too many turnovers and do not have the ability to stop Russell's ground game.

Russell 42
PC 7

Copycat, well almost.Wink
Does the winner of this game promote to Belfry?
Russell-42
PCC-12
Tailback44 Wrote:Me and You both know Russell is overated.
Me don't. Big Grin
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Russell will crush Pike County Central. If Belfrey thinks Russell is overrated like apparently Johnson Central thought Belfrey was overrated Belfrey might get the suprise of their lives in the playoffs. Russell finally woke up and played Russell football in the Raceland Game. LIke I said before I came away from that game more impressed with Russell than Raceland. Russell has the players to beat Belfrey as long as they have the attitude to go with it.

If Russell plays with the same intensity as they played with against Raceland they will be fine. This team has talent. I've said it all year. The biggest question with them is if they will be mentally ready to play. I hope they have turned that corner.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Russell is about 5 TD's better than Pike Central. The Hawks may make soem Russell fans uncomfortable as they have the ability to gain some yards and break off big plays. The bottom line is PC committs way too many turnovers and do not have the ability to stop Russell's ground game.

Russell 42
PC 7

The Hawks don't make me nervous. The Red Devils do.Wink

But not in this game.
kyfballfan Wrote:Russell has some injured players, AJ might not be able to play this game, and David will be sitting out also, and Russell is putting people in different place on defense and offense this week.

Bailey has sat out the last two games. I think they have moved beyond that. If he is able to play then that will be a bonus in that it adds a big weapon to the offense and special teams.
kyfballfan Wrote:Russell has some injured players, AJ might not be able to play this game, and David will be sitting out also, and Russell is putting people in different place on defense and offense this week.

The starting center is out also.
When in the world are all these players getting injured? I guess we will start to get a preview of next year, huh?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Russell will crush Pike County Central. If Belfrey thinks Russell is overrated like apparently Johnson Central thought Belfrey was overrated Belfrey might get the suprise of their lives in the playoffs. Russell finally woke up and played Russell football in the Raceland Game. LIke I said before I came away from that game more impressed with Russell than Raceland. Russell has the players to beat Belfrey as long as they have the attitude to go with it.

I now feel fairly confident Belfry will beat Russell after your post.....

Because everyone knows the one thing that gets a Pirate team more fired up and is viewed as more disrespctful than being called "overrated" is when someone misspells "B-E-L-F-R-Y" Smile

"Russell County" can go ahead and thank you for costing their playoff hopes... Wink
FBALL Wrote:The Hawks don't make me nervous. The Red Devils do.Wink

But not in this game.

Pike Central is about 4 pass completions away from certain Devil posters claiming that they need to bring in a new defensive coordinator Smile

I can recognize them because they resemble certain Pirate fans who were calling for Haywood's retirement two years ago.