Poll: Who wins the District Title?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
72.32%
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
27.68%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Sheldon Clark - Oct. 24
I think that Belfry will win this one close.

Belfry 28
SC 21
bucslover68 Wrote:The most important thing is for both teams to have a good game and hopefully be injury free. These two teams have a legitimate shot to play each other again. I don't believe in looking ahead too much, but I am going to anyway. Whoever wins this Friday plays at home and the other team has to go on the road starting in the second round. Let's look hypothetically. Belfry 1 and SC 2 in this district and Russell 1 and Mason Co. 2 in the other district. Belfry and SC will be big favorites in the first round. In the second round SC would go to Russell. There is no reason that SC could not go up there and beat a Russell team that has been very inconsistent. This would be the type of win that would continue the progression of the program in a positive way. It would be much like the win SC had over Leslie Co. on the road a few years ago. If SC ever wants to achieve the success that Belfry has achieved, then they need to consistently win games like this and ultimately challenge Belfry every year. Good Luck to both and from the way the weather forescast looks, we may all need our ponchos Friday night.

That game at leslie co was a terrific game. i wish Sc could win games like that game and the one agianst belfry at sc every year. and yes if they won games like this every now and then they would be up in the rankings every year. good post bucs i like you now.
Belfry 28

Sheldon Clark 14
Hail Mary Wrote:This thread needs to be closed. It's embarrassing the way some fans have gotten way out of line.

This thread is being watched closely. If it needs to be closed then one of the administators or moderators will close it.

PLEASE stay on topic......

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:This thread is being watched closely. If it needs to be closed then one of the administators or moderators will close it.

PLEASE stay on topic......

I know this is off topic but thank you phs1986 for stepping in.
kybaseball Wrote:I know this is off topic but thank you phs1986 for stepping in.
What a suck up! LOL I'm kidding kybaseball, I feel some of the things said on here about the Belfry /Sheldon Clark game is making the fans very edgy. This is a great rivalry. We all love our home teams but we also have to weigh the facts and not go on hear-say. Just because one person doesn't like what another says in honesty, turns into a mud-slinging farce. Belfry, has the better ball club in a majority of ways. Sheldon Clark has only been tested once this year. They didn't pass the test. They have a mental disadvantage to Belfry in two ways. The loss to a great Bell Co. ball club and Belfry is still undefeated. This will not be a close game in my opinion. Belfry can come at you in many ways. The one you must really look for is up the middle by Lee. Its makes the game alot harder when you know the plays that are coming and cannot do a thing about it. Execution, will determine the game. Belfry is a "well-oil-machine" when it comes to the run. The defense will also create havac on the pass by Sheldon. If Sheldon Clark wants to compete they will have to play with every bit of heart they have. I still don't think that will be enough. Good luck to both teams and I hope it is injury free and SPORTSMANLIKE!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
OK folks I just deleted 41 total posts that were so pitiful that many should be suspended over them.

Last warning. Keep the discussion on topic and stop all of the petty nonsense.
schs_06 Wrote:That game at leslie co was a terrific game. i wish Sc could win games like that game and the one agianst belfry at sc every year. and yes if they won games like this every now and then they would be up in the rankings every year. good post bucs i like you now.

Thanks man and good luck to SCHS Friday night.
jgrubby Wrote:What a suck up! LOL I'm kidding kybaseball, I feel some of the things said on here about the Belfry /Sheldon Clark game is making the fans very edgy. This is a great rivalry. We all love our home teams but we also have to weigh the facts and not go on hear-say. Just because one person doesn't like what another says in honesty, turns into a mud-slinging farce. Belfry, has the better ball club in a majority of ways. Sheldon Clark has only been tested once this year. They didn't pass the test. They have a mental disadvantage to Belfry in two ways. The loss to a great Bell Co. ball club and Belfry is still undefeated. This will not be a close game in my opinion. Belfry can come at you in many ways. The one you must really look for is up the middle by Lee. Its makes the game alot harder when you know the plays that are coming and cannot do a thing about it. Execution, will determine the game. Belfry is a "well-oil-machine" when it comes to the run. The defense will also create havac on the pass by Sheldon. If Sheldon Clark wants to compete they will have to play with every bit of heart they have. I still don't think that will be enough. Good luck to both teams and I hope it is injury free and SPORTSMANLIKE!!!

Big Grin Big Grin i need the brownie points.Big Grin

The only thing that bothered me was the mention of illegal drugs. The rest of it was funny.Smile

Belfry should win their toughest test of the season.
bucslover68 Wrote:Thanks man and good luck to SCHS Friday night.

No problem Brother. I really hope there is going to be a good ref crew there. Good luck to both teams and really hope there is no injurys:Thumbs:
I can't wait until Friday night! I have heard so much talk about how good the turf looks at "the Rock" I just can't wait to see it with my own eyes. I remember how the rock used to be and what it felt like, just like home at Viperman Stadium. It won't be the same as the games in the past but what an improvement....lol...Smile

Sheldon Clark has a good football team and so does Belfry. I was at both games last season and I was at the Rock 2 years ago when Sheldon Clark pulled the upset. There is always the chance for an upset but I just don't see it happening this year. Granted I have not watched the Cardinals play but watching Belfry and no the teams they have played are not good but Belfry stills seems to be Belfry if it's at half speed or at 3/4's. The thought here is that we have yet to see Belfry play at full tilt speed until Friday night in Martin County.

Coach Haywood is not one of the top coaches in Kentucky for nothing. He shows you what he has to show you and nothing more. He knows what it takes to win and the Pirates have done what they had to do to make it to 7-0 so far but come Friday night I do believe Coach Haywood and his crew of Pirates will be at full speed and hold nothing back on the Cards.

It is a home game but I still think the Pirates will be too much for the Cardinals to handle come the second half. Good luck to both teams but I will take Belfry by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

GO BIG RED!!!:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
This game could come down to SC's defense... If Belfry can score on long, sustaining drives, this could wear down a thin SC team. Pressure on the QB will be big, too. The quarterback is young and seems to struggle under pressure. Belfry takes this one 48-21.
alot of new members will less than 10 posts seem to have alot of comments? Odd..
qbdad2011 Wrote:alot of new members will less than 10 posts seem to have alot of comments? Odd..

Not odd, a lot of them are readers that felt like they should post their opinion on the subject.
sc 35 bhs 29 in overtime
I cant wait for Friday night to get here, and get to watch some good football, this has became a good rivalry over the years, I played on the 98 team that won at Belfry for the regional championship, one thing you can say about these two squads is that most people look more forward to this game than any other during the season, I hope Sheldon Clark comes out and plays hard, and both teams have a fun and competive football game one thing for sure both teams will give it there all and it will be a fun game to watch, my prediction I will go with SCHS 21 BHS 20
former_cards_player02 Wrote:I cant wait for Friday night to get here, and get to watch some good football, this has became a good rivalry over the years, I played on the 98 team that won at Belfry for the regional championship, one thing you can say about these two squads is that most people look more forward to this game than any other during the season, I hope Sheldon Clark comes out and plays hard, and both teams have a fun and competive football game one thing for sure both teams will give it there all and it will be a fun game to watch, my prediction I will go with SCHS 21 BHS 20

Nice post and good luck to the Cards on Friday night.
sheldon clark by 2 td's
Belfry wins big!
I know everyone is just voicing their opinions, but nobody knows what will happen until Friday. All I can say is come to the game and we will see who wins. Good Luck to my Cardinals. This is going to be a great game.:letsparty
can some one let me know for sure if the game is friday,and if you can let me know if you can have an unmbellra or does it have to be a raincoat,cause i am coming up from tn....go pirtaes...
Belfry 28 Sc 7. I think the pirates depth helps them in the second half
CARDINALS-32
BELFRY-20
Go CARDINALS.
remember.if you are for the cardinals it's a blueout.
everyone wear BLUE
=)
Belfry will blow Sheldon Clark out on their new field if they play like they did last week, Belfry by 22.
I think The Cards will win against Belfry. If the SC's line plays like it can play they should win.
cuppett777 Wrote:can some one let me know for sure if the game is friday,and if you can let me know if you can have an unmbellra or does it have to be a raincoat,cause i am coming up from tn....go pirtaes...

yes it is friday and yeah you can have a unbrella but i would just bring a rain coat but whatever is cool.

no smokeing in our stadium though.
have a safe trip down here!
I hope it's BIG, but I believe it will be closer...Belfry 42 Shelson Clark21...GO BHS!
I truly, and honestly think Sheldon Clark has awoken a sleeping giant.

Belfry 34
SC 7
Does anyone have any pictures of Sheldon Clark's new field? I would really like to see it, I bet it is awesome! It's great how other schools are beginning to get nice facilities like Belfry. Lord knows Belfry needed one in the worse way.

Go PIRATES!!!
For all Belfry and SC fans, check out BelfryKy.com and the nice write-up Josh Ball put in the Medical-Leader about the game. BTW, the weather forecast from the Weather Channel says a 70% chance of rain on Friday evening with temps at kickoff in the 50s. Weather could make the game a little more interesting IMO.