Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 7 - Estill Co. 6
stroked Wrote:sounds to me that estill couldnt score, maybe breathitts D shoould get some credit here. holding from what i have seen a explosive estill offense that averages close to 40 points a game. no matter how bad of a game you have, a good team ALWAYS win. just wondering who scored last?

Breathitt Scored First...Making It 7-0.
Then Estill Scored Making It 6-7 And Missed The Two Point Conversion...Giving You Your Final Score.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Breathitt Scored First...Making It 7-0.
Then Estill Scored Making It 6-7 And Missed The Two Point Conversion...Giving You Your Final Score.

And instead of running up the score with about 2 minutes left we took a knee so we wouldn't have to read about it on here.
How many rushing yards did Estill have? They were averaging 5,003 yds per game...LOL. No really,about 420 per game. Just wondering if Breathitt stoped the run.
blitz43 Wrote:How many rushing yards did Estill have? They were averaging 5,003 yds per game...LOL. No really,about 420 per game. Just wondering if Breathitt stoped the run.

265 yards rushing.
For those of you who are complaining about Breathitt's offense and the play calling: I would have to trust Holcomb's judgement on this. He has had a lot more experience and success than most. He's coaching to the ability of his talent (or lack thereof). I've been to some games and practices. What you observe is a lot better than what you can get from a radio account - especially Jackson's. Believe me, if he could pass more he would! He's dealing with an inconsistent QB and a couple of inexperienced WR with avg. speed. He HAS to run the ball more. No, they're not as good as hyped. But it's not all doom and gloom either. Holcomb has done more with less before and I think they will get better. But, not without a couple of bumps in the road ahead.
Glad to see estill keep it close. They have a good team on their hands this year!
This was a very good and close game. Estill is alot better this year than last year. Can't wait til playoff time. hope these two teams meet again in the playoffs.
this was a very good game. Estill is better this year than what they was last year. Hope these same two teams meet again in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:And instead of running up the score with about 2 minutes left we took a knee so we wouldn't have to read about it on here.

Running up the score? That sounds a little arrogant for an offense that DID NOT SCORE ALL NIGHT!! Bottom line is you talked a lot about how Breathitt was going to beat up on Estill and you were wrong. Give respect where it's due. Estill beat themselves...
ecqb8 Wrote:Running up the score? That sounds a little arrogant for an offense that DID NOT SCORE ALL NIGHT!! Bottom line is you talked a lot about how Breathitt was going to beat up on Estill and you were wrong. Give respect where it's due. Estill beat themselves...
Breathitt had the opportunity to score late but took a knee, that is what they are talking about. You talk about giving respect and then you do not give the respect to the Breathitt defense, please........As far as arrogance is concerned, Estill still lost, whether it be by 1 point or 50.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I didn't even mention Breathitt's defense. The fumble they scored on was not a forced fumble. Breathitt's defense is a force to be wreckoned with, but Estill's offense did what it's designed to do all night long against them. You have a funny way of switching people's words around and making them into what you want to hear. Slow down when you're reading and try to understand what other people are trying to get across. To say that Breathitt could have "Run up the score" is arrogant. You know, I know it, anyone who was there or heard about the game knows it.
well Estill would have one if the Ref's hadnt screwed them over on the fumble that breathitt gave up and Estill Recovered but the ignorant Ref's had gave Estill the ball back they would have scored again and beat breathitt. Breathitt didnt beat Estill, Estill beat themselves.
EngineerFan Wrote:well Estill would have one if the Ref's hadnt screwed them over on the fumble that breathitt gave up and Estill Recovered but the ignorant Ref's had gave Estill the ball back they would have scored again and beat breathitt. Breathitt didnt beat Estill, Estill beat themselves.

This was a very confusing play. I don't know exactly what happened. I would like to see the video because we were celebrating because Estill recovered the fumble and it turned out they gave Breathitt the ball and penalized Estill for a sideline infraction. Can anyone elaborate on this for me?
when Estill scored, on the kick off we made Breathitt fumble the ball and we recovered and the Ref's gave the ball back to Breathitt. Breathitt got away with illegal blocking and everything and the ref's didnt do anything about it.
EngineerFan Wrote:when Estill scored, on the kick off we made Breathitt fumble the ball and we recovered and the Ref's gave the ball back to Breathitt. Breathitt got away with illegal blocking and everything and the ref's didnt do anything about it.
It is over now, no point in playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game...

kymom Wrote:They might have played him in some but not all of them I went down and some home games last year an Chris Noble was playing QB . I ask coach why jade wasnt playing an mike told me that the need him on defense to much to take a chance that means nothing. I didnt agree but what do i know? Yes Breathitt has got away from the passing more becuase of one player needs big numbers on the books. yes the coaching staff is in the top 5 in the state they have showed that time after time. All i know is that i would like to see the Breathitt style football back . Line up smash mouth football that put them where they are today. An yes i will agree with you i dont like what i see and where they are headed
If you think Mike Holcomb is top 5 in the stae you need to get outta Jackson sometime. Happy Mart is not the football Mecca you think it is.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:And instead of running up the score with about 2 minutes left we took a knee so we wouldn't have to read about it on here.
Smile Good one!
DevilsWin Wrote:If you think Mike Holcomb is top 5 in the stae you need to get outta Jackson sometime. Happy Mart is not the football Mecca you think it is.
And who would be the top 5 coaches in the state? There are only a handful of current coaches that have the winning % and the titles Holcomb has. I do not know if he is a top 5 coach, but he a pretty good...The results speak for themselves. Also, the coaching staff as a whole makes the head coach look good. I do not like the head coach getting all the praise or the blame when it is a team effort all the way through the coaching staff...

kid you got lucky. estill deserved that win. they were they better team that night even though it dont show it on the scoreboard. if the game was at estill...you guys would have lost...the way you guys are playing you wont make it far in the playoffs sorry kid truth hurts
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:And who would be the top 5 coaches in the state? There are only a handful of current coaches that have the winning % and the titles Holcomb has. I do not know if he is a top 5 coach, but he a pretty good...The results speak for themselves. Also, the coaching staff as a whole makes the head coach look good. I do not like the head coach getting all the praise or the blame when it is a team effort all the way through the coaching staff...

IMO, Holcomb is a top 5 coach.
The College One Wrote:kid you got lucky. estill deserved that win. they were they better team that night even though it dont show it on the scoreboard. if the game was at estill...you guys would have lost...the way you guys are playing you wont make it far in the playoffs sorry kid truth hurts
Again, woulda, shoulda, coulda....it soes not change the fact that is was a loss whether it was 1 point or 50.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Again, woulda, shoulda, coulda....it soes not change the fact that is was a loss whether it was 1 point or 50.

You Really Don't Wanna Give Any Credit To Estill,Huh?!
Considering that Most People Thought This Would Be A Blow Out Game... I'd Say Estill Showed A Lot Of People That They Are A Good Team This Year...
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:You Really Don't Wanna Give Any Credit To Estill,Huh?!
Considering that Most People Thought This Would Be A Blow Out Game... I'd Say Estill Showed A Lot Of People That They Are A Good Team This Year...
I give them all of the credit for being prepared and making it a good game...But that does not change the results any. Estill showed that they had improved from last season, and their fans should be proud of them, but bottom line is that they lost. From what I am hearing no one is giving Breathitt credit for winning a game that they clearly were outplayed in.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I give them all of the credit for being prepared and making it a good game...But that does not change the results any. Estill showed that they had improved from last season, and their fans should be proud of them, but bottom line is that they lost. From what I am hearing no one is giving Breathitt credit for winning a game that they clearly were outplayed in.

Yes...I Will Agree With You On One Aspect Of This.... The Bottom Line Is We Did Lose...and That Cannot Be Changed... But In My Opinion Breathitt Did Not Beat Us...We Beat Ourselves...If I'm Not Mistaken We Had Two Fumbles...Neither Of Which Were Caused By The Breathitt Defense...And One Of The Said Fumbles Gave Breathitt Their Only Score...Which In The End Gave Them The Game...Just The Way I Look At It...You Are Free To Disagree...But I'm Sure It Won't Change My Outlook On This... :mad:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I give them all of the credit for being prepared and making it a good game...But that does not change the results any. Estill showed that they had improved from last season, and their fans should be proud of them, but bottom line is that they lost. From what I am hearing no one is giving Breathitt credit for winning a game that they clearly were outplayed in.

Actually, I think you have your first point backward. The "bottom line" during the regular season is whether the team is improving. Only during the playoffs is the final score the "bottom line".

Giving Breathitt credit for winning a game in which they were outplayed ?!? The only thing that can be said to that is...congrats to the Bobcats for being lucky Friday. Though that attribute would be better saved for November, it IS a part of the game.

Wink
Let's put this one to rest and move on.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Yes...I Will Agree With You On One Aspect Of This.... The Bottom Line Is We Did Lose...and That Cannot Be Changed... But In My Opinion Breathitt Did Not Beat Us...We Beat Ourselves...If I'm Not Mistaken We Had Two Fumbles...Neither Of Which Were Caused By The Breathitt Defense...And One Of The Said Fumbles Gave Breathitt Their Only Score...Which In The End Gave Them The Game...Just The Way I Look At It...You Are Free To Disagree...But I'm Sure It Won't Change My Outlook On This... :mad:

Congrats on keeping the game close. Estill has improved since last year, but you have to respect the fact that Breathitt held Estill to only one TD. Actually Breathitt did their best to give the game to Estill by dropping three TD passes that had zero defenders any where near them. The ball hit every one of them in the hands on stride, but they dropped the ball. The last drive would have resulted in a TD if more time would have bee left in the game because anyone who was there saw that Breathitt was moving the ball at will on that drive, but Holcomb decided to take a knee out of respect for what Estill had done. Concerning the fumble on the kickoff, the ref ruled that Breathitt's player was down. He made that call immediately and I believe he got it right.
sportsfan1 Wrote:Congrats on keeping the game close. Estill has improved since last year, but you have to respect the fact that Breathitt held Estill to only one TD. Actually Breathitt did their best to give the game to Estill by dropping three TD passes that had zero defenders any where near them. The ball hit every one of them in the hands on stride, but they dropped the ball. The last drive would have resulted in a TD if more time would have bee left in the game because anyone who was there saw that Breathitt was moving the ball at will on that drive, but Holcomb decided to take a knee out of respect for what Estill had done. Concerning the fumble on the kickoff, the ref ruled that Breathitt's player was down. He made that call immediately and I believe he got it right.

What Estill did is prove they belong! They held Breathitt to zero offensive points, which Prestonsburg and Johnson Central could not do, and everyone has them both picked in the top 5 of the mountains. Estill "actually" gave the game to Breathitt getting inside the 20 4 times and fumbling, 1 which led to Breathitt's only score. And of course, playing at Breathitt, you get the officials treatment, of course he is going to immediately rule he is down. Put them on a neutral field and Estill will win if they don't fumble the ball. Give credit where it is due, Estill's defense shocked Breathitt, and had it not been for turnovers, Estill would have beat Breathitt. Estill went up and down the field all night on offense. The only difference in the Prestonsburg and Johnson Central game was they scored when on offense but could not keep Breathitt from scoring.
bad thing is that was just a lucky win:mad: Cool
NIECE Wrote:What Estill did is prove they belong! They held Breathitt to zero offensive points, which Prestonsburg and Johnson Central could not do, and everyone has them both picked in the top 5 of the mountains. Estill "actually" gave the game to Breathitt getting inside the 20 4 times and fumbling, 1 which led to Breathitt's only score. And of course, playing at Breathitt, you get the officials treatment, of course he is going to immediately rule he is down. Put them on a neutral field and Estill will win if they don't fumble the ball. Give credit where it is due, Estill's defense shocked Breathitt, and had it not been for turnovers, Estill would have beat Breathitt. Estill went up and down the field all night on offense. The only difference in the Prestonsburg and Johnson Central game was they scored when on offense but could not keep Breathitt from scoring.

Had it not been for OPEN Breathit receivers DROPPING TD pases the game would not have been close. Breathitt's receivers caught those passes against Johnson Central and Prestonsburg. That proved that Breathitt could beat Estill's defense. The one good drive that Breathitt had they used to take a knee and run out the clock. They would have scored on that drive otherwise. You can blame the officials all you want. I saw several times where Estill was holding Breathitt, but was not called. If it was a fumble it would have been ruled so.