Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 7 - Estill Co. 6
Final....:ChairHit:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt has really got a lot of work to do if they want to even contend for the district title. At this point they are not a very good team and have totally changed the way they play football.....The only threw the ball 5-6 times the whole game............Geeeesh....

Of those 5-6 passes, the WR's dropped 3-4 easy td's so that may be the reason they are not passing...

usa did you go to the game?
basketballwizz Wrote:usa did you go to the game?
Nah, I received calls from my Dad who lives in Jackson....I would have been a nervous wreck and got sick to my stomach seeing Breathitt play as bad as they have lately.....lol

Did you ever think that Estill Co is a good team?
basketballwizz Wrote:Did you ever think that Estill Co is a good team?
They are a good defensive team, much improved from last season. Their offense is about the same....Estill will more than likely be the 3 seed in the playoffs....Harlan County should be the 1 seed and Breathitt the 2 seed.

congrats breathitt
Good win for Breathitt in a tough game. A nice showing by Estill County. Sounds like it was one heck of a game.
Might be the most shocking score of the night in my opinion..!
Estill County is one of the more improved teams in the state from last season, and they came in and put a beaten in Breathitt.

Sounds like a good game!!!
I missed a good game. Good luck to both teams.
It was a great game!!!!

Estill played their hearts out and it showed.
I think the 'Neers surprised alot of people. No one expected this game to be close at all.. Now maybe others will take EC football more seriously. Way to go guys, you made us proud!!!!!! Hold your heads high!!! :thumpsup:
Lets get ready for next week!!!!! =)

we love you!!! <3
It was a great Defense game. Estill scored 1 time and Breathitts O never scored. The Breathitt TD came off of a fumble. Some talk about Breathitt having a bad game. Maybe Estill is a little better team this year than they are getting credit for.
loves2cheer Wrote:It was a great game!!!!

I think the 'Neers surprised alot of people. No one expected this game to be close at all.. Now maybe others will take EC football more seriously. Way to go guys, you made us proud!!!!!! Hold your heads high!!! :thumpsup:

we love you!!! <3

Yea What She Said....
Couldnt Have Said It Better.
Yes, Breathitt is down, but I think it was a little more Estill tonight than it was Breathitt. Both teams are solid, and I believe both teams will be a force come playoff time, with Harlan being in the mix as well.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:It was a great Defense game. Estill scored 1 time and Breathitts O never scored. The Breathitt TD came off of a fumble. Some talk about Breathitt having a bad game. Maybe Estill is a little better team this year than they are getting credit for.
Estill deserves all of the credit for making Breathitt's current offense look bad. But Estill really has nothing to do with the change in play calling that has taken away from Breathitt's effectiveness all season long. I do not know if Breathitt is just keeping the playbook hidden for Harlan or if they are just no very good offensively, but they have totally flip-flopped their offensive play calling from last season.

loves2cheer Wrote:It was a great game!!!!

we love you!!! <3
I thought it would be a close one. Sounds like the Engineers are for real.
Sounded like an AMAZING game. This shows how good Estill really is. I knew it would be a close game.
Lets hear from all the bobcat fans on the blowout they all expected.
Good win for Breathitt County they needed it. Estill must be a very good football team to keep the game this close and i wish them the best of luck come playoff time.
Sounds to me like this could be shaping up to be a hottly contested district. Maybe the toughest in 3A with the most parity.
I said it in a post before that this is NOT the same Breathitt team we have seen in the past. They have a first year QB that they should have let play JV to get some snaps in last year. And that show to me the reason they are not passing as much. They have great running back. and they want to use him. But one man cannot win the game on his own a good defense team will key on him and the night will be long. And that is what estill did sounds like to me. Lets face it the QB is Jade Haddix not Justin Haddix. Justin was great . Jade has to show use he can do it to. He has Big shoes to fill.
kymom Wrote:I said it in a post before that this is NOT the same Breathitt team we have seen in the past. They have a first year QB that they should have let play JV to get some snaps in last year. And that show to me the reason they are not passing as much. They have great running back. and they want to use him. But one man cannot win the game on his own a good defense team will key on him and the night will be long. And that is what estill did sounds like to me. Lets face it the QB is Jade Haddix not Justin Haddix. Justin was great . Jade has to show use he can do it to. He has Big shoes to fill.
They did let the JV play last season in many of the games including the Estill Co. game in 07. We need to remember that Justin was not "great" in his first year as a starter and that Jade and Justin are more similar than different. Justin did not become consistent until his senior year and that is hopefully the same route his brother Jade is on. Jade Haddix and Channing Fugate are both Juniors, and they will grow and improve, I just hope they can grow and improve enough this year to make a descent run in the playoffs.

They might have played him in some but not all of them I went down and some home games last year an Chris Noble was playing QB . I ask coach why jade wasnt playing an mike told me that the need him on defense to much to take a chance that means nothing. I didnt agree but what do i know? Yes Breathitt has got away from the passing more becuase of one player needs big numbers on the books. yes the coaching staff is in the top 5 in the state they have showed that time after time. All i know is that i would like to see the Breathitt style football back . Line up smash mouth football that put them where they are today. An yes i will agree with you i dont like what i see and where they are headed
basketballwizz Wrote:usa did you go to the game?

I did.We won.We will get better every game.It was a hard physical game.Our offense didn't click really untill the 4th quarter.It's over is all I can say and we won a hard fought battle.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They are a good defensive team, much improved from last season. Their offense is about the same....Estill will more than likely be the 3 seed in the playoffs....Harlan County should be the 1 seed and Breathitt the 2 seed.

The offense ran 62 plays and kept the ball out of Breathitt's hands for 34 minutes.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:The offense ran 62 plays and kept the ball out of Breathitt's hands for 34 minutes.

sounds to me that estill couldnt score, maybe breathitts D shoould get some credit here. holding from what i have seen a explosive estill offense that averages close to 40 points a game. no matter how bad of a game you have, a good team ALWAYS win. just wondering who scored last?
Congrats BC.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:The offense ran 62 plays and kept the ball out of Breathitt's hands for 34 minutes.
Keeping it out of the other teams hands is good, but if you do not score, it is meaningless.