Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 7 - Estill Co. 6
I was at the game and i don't recall the Breathitt receivers being wide open. They had a defensive player on them. And I thought that on one of those passes, Estill was called with pass interference. Yes, the ball went in the hands of the Breathitt player, but they were not wide open.

On another note, I thought both teams played hard and it was a tough break for Estill. I think these two teams were evenly matched. Hopefully, if they meet again the outcome will be different.
sportsfan1 Wrote:Had it not been for OPEN Breathit receivers DROPPING TD pases the game would not have been close. Breathitt's receivers caught those passes against Johnson Central and Prestonsburg. That proved that Breathitt could beat Estill's defense. The one good drive that Breathitt had they used to take a knee and run out the clock. They would have scored on that drive otherwise. You can blame the officials all you want. I saw several times where Estill was holding Breathitt, but was not called. If it was a fumble it would have been ruled so.

You say Breathitt dropped 3 TD's, Estill was inside the 20 4 times, one which Breathitt scored on. Let's sum this up 3 TD's for Breathitt if no Dropped Passes, 4 TD's for Estill if no fumbles, do the math. You will see how the official treatment is when Breathitt travels to Harlan this week. You are already down 14-0 before you get off the bus. Trust me, I have great respect for coach Holcomb and he is a friend, every time Estill has played at Breathitt there has been controversial calls that have not went in Estill's favor. Sometimes we were good enough to overcome the calls and win at Breathitt, others we were not. Estill had basically quit on the last drive letting Breathitt run down the field. IMO, Estill should have let them score quick so they could have gotten the ball back, but hind site is 20/20. Believe this, Breathitt will get the "official treatment" when they visit Harlan and so will Estill, you have to deal with it. I also have a lot of respect for coach Larkey, he is an excellent coach. IMO two of the best coaches in Ky facing each other this week in Harlan, just wish it was at a neutral site.
Grid Iron fan Wrote:I was at the game and i don't recall the Breathitt receivers being wide open. They had a defensive player on them. And I thought that on one of those passes, Estill was called with pass interference. Yes, the ball went in the hands of the Breathitt player, but they were not wide open.

On another note, I thought both teams played hard and it was a tough break for Estill. I think these two teams were evenly matched. Hopefully, if they meet again the outcome will be different.

One the pass interference the defender hit the receiver then went out of bounds. The receiver made an adjustment and the ball hit him in the hands when, if he had caught it, he would have walked into the endzone. The other two drops, the defenders weren't within five yards of the receiver. That is why I said wide oped.
NIECE Wrote:You say Breathitt dropped 3 TD's, Estill was inside the 20 4 times, one which Breathitt scored on. Let's sum this up 3 TD's for Breathitt if no Dropped Passes, 4 TD's for Estill if no fumbles, do the math. You will see how the official treatment is when Breathitt travels to Harlan this week. You are already down 14-0 before you get off the bus. Trust me, I have great respect for coach Holcomb and he is a friend, every time Estill has played at Breathitt there has been controversial calls that have not went in Estill's favor. Sometimes we were good enough to overcome the calls and win at Breathitt, others we were not. Estill had basically quit on the last drive letting Breathitt run down the field. IMO, Estill should have let them score quick so they could have gotten the ball back, but hind site is 20/20. Believe this, Breathitt will get the "official treatment" when they visit Harlan and so will Estill, you have to deal with it. I also have a lot of respect for coach Larkey, he is an excellent coach. IMO two of the best coaches in Ky facing each other this week in Harlan, just wish it was at a neutral site.

Didn't Breathitt stop Estill on fourth down on at least one of those trips? The first fumble was a play where Estill's RB may have had running room. The second fumble he would have been stopped for a loss. You want to talk about officials? Do you remember on Breathitt's last drive, when after the ball being spotted that should have gave Breathitt the first down and the side judge talking to the head ref he walked up and moved the ball back a full yard to cause fourth down? The original spot looked to be the correct one.
I'm not going to argue about this game. Every game has questionable calls and home field does make a difference no matter were you play, IMO. It was a good game and a hard fought battle.
Breathitt left alot of plays on the field. It should of never been that close and Estill probably deserved to win the game. Breathitt is very inconsistent on offense and they need to wake up as they move on during the season. The defense played good in spurts and stepped up when they had to with the two point conversion stop. Regarding all the questionable calls, Breathitt had two holding calls on the last drive to run out the clock and Estill ran the ball all night and if I recall didn't have one holding penalty.
EROCK Wrote:Lets hear from all the bobcat fans on the blowout they all expected.

Reality Check!!!!!
sportsfan1 Wrote:Had it not been for OPEN Breathit receivers DROPPING TD pases the game would not have been close. Breathitt's receivers caught those passes against Johnson Central and Prestonsburg. That proved that Breathitt could beat Estill's defense. The one good drive that Breathitt had they used to take a knee and run out the clock. They would have scored on that drive otherwise. You can blame the officials all you want. I saw several times where Estill was holding Breathitt, but was not called. If it was a fumble it would have been ruled so.

The passes they dropped was in the same sreies. You can only score in one series. Dont forget about the two fumbles Estill had whle driving the ball well.
Breathitt dropped passes, Estill turned it over, was it a fumble on kickoff or was he down? This was all a part of the game, but the end result was that Estill drove the ball on the Bobcats all night, and on the 2 point conversion the Bobcat defense stepped up and made the play they had to have, that's the story of the game. Yeah certain things for both teams could have changed the outcome, but when it comes down to it, the Bobcats slipped by with one, either way it's a win. All we can hope for is a rematch.
I thought that everybody said Breathitt would win by 4 touchdowns. Not as good as they thought, Estill was one fumble away from winning this game. Powell scrored 28 against Estil... what happen to Breathitt??