Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 27 - Louisville 2 FINAL
RavenBoy Wrote:Hartline sucks just like Woodson. He dont throw any long passes, just little passes to the HB. That was all woodson did and everyone thought he was the best QB ever. Hartline cant run the ball any or pass deep. We need a new QB.

I believe thats a little drastic dont you? Well yeah, he threw short passes becuase thats what was there. If anything thats the mark of a very smart qb, not trying to force anything and just taking what the defense will give him. Plus he doesnt have the strongest arm, or prettiest deep ball in the world, so why try and risk throwing it deep, when you qb is better in the short game?

On a side note, David Jones did get burnt a couple times, but the times I saw he had a saftey overtop and he used his atleticism to catch up. Even if he cant cover that well, he is probly as athletic as any reciever he is going to face this year, and also has burnout speed. He'll get better, it was just the first game. But I'm really excited to watch Jarmon and Pryor terrorize the SEC this year. I wouldnt be suprised if they were front runners for the best DL award at the end of the year.
That is why this was the most boring game in the history of football.
Congrats Cats!

Hopefully the wildcats will only improve this year and for years to come
I looked for Lyons jr. to do something. Never heard his name on D or O in the second half. Was he not 100%?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
RavenBoy Wrote:Hartline sucks just like Woodson. He dont throw any long passes, just little passes to the HB. That was all woodson did and everyone thought he was the best QB ever. Hartline cant run the ball any or pass deep. We need a new QB.

well ill tell you what I would rather have Woodson/Hartline over Cantwell, Beecher (South Carolina), or Smeeley (SC) who all throw the deep ball and all this jazz. I was very impressed with the way Hartline played and IMO he will only get better. It was his first carrer start, in which he had only threw 6 passes in game play so how can you sit here and rip on the kid. Go over and root with the Cards if you cant have faith in what we have. B/C honestly UK "fans" like you make me sick.
rosebud Wrote:Maybe our offense is not as bad as everyone thinks. Hopefully UL's defense is a whole lot better, just like UK's.

Yeah, we had a lot of dropped balls. But, with the experience of our O-line and backs, we should have been able to have some kind of ground game.

Did anyone else notice that Dixon was dancing more than running? He had a few chances to burst thru a few small openings but was too busy dancing.
Yes, none of the running backs or the receivers ran or exploded up the hole after getting the ball. Dicky Lyons Jr. was one of the DANCERS. Exspecially on the returns. I am use to seeing him just take off like a Banshee!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
RavenBoy Wrote:That is why this was the most boring game in the history of football.

We won in convincing fashion and still yet you are living on both sides of the fence.....earlier stating we won and "Loserville sucks" and now saying we need a new QB and the game was boring. It was a defensive battle and there wasn't a lot of long drives....that happens.

Plus as far as QB goes, I was at the spring game and Hartline can throw with some zip and has speed....the kid won or got second in the state 110 hurdles as a senior. It was his first game under center and I'd say jitters would've been there regardless of who was taking the snaps. I'd much rather have a QB that can throw the underneath routes consistently than hit the long ball one out of a hundred times because quite honestly it is very rare that a deep pass hits for 30+ yards.

Woodson also beat the best team in the country last year and led us to a bowl game where we beat FSU. Smile

Pretty ridiculous statement.

You must have not watched to many games last season. Andre threw numerous passes deep to Dicky and Keenan for Touchdowns. Dicky was our main guy on the deep routes, but where you come off with that statement I haven't a clue. Hartline will progress, saying something like that this early in the season just makes you look like an idiot. Take your views and opinions to a Louisville fan board if your going to diss your own team!
I was impressed with Louisville's defence. But not so impresed with the offence, or the play calling. Steve Kragthorpe sucks, and Hunter "Cant do nothing well".lol. I cant even believe that i am saying this. Im probly the biggest Louisville on here.

I hope you are kidding.
I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.
It was his first start and he needed to do what was necessary to get into the groove of the game.
They won by 25 without allowing a touchdown against our in-state rivals.
It really doesn't get much better than that.
GO CATS!
Go Big Blue:thumpsup:
there is no way UK is good this year. IMO Louisville is just really bad.

Although they have a dominate defense last night, ill give them that. And thats what wins games. so thats all that matters
phs1986 Wrote:Jones got burnt because he is 5 feet and 9 or 10 inches and he was covering a receiver who was 6'7. The pass deflections were a bright spot for him but you can only expect him to be able to do so much with the height advantage.... double coverage might help maybe????

You can't rely on double coverage to always bail a cornor out. His athleticism allowed him to recover on the plays I was speaking. And he also made some outstanding plays.

Going back in the past he has been caught out of position quite a bit and relied on his speed to get back into the play. That won't cut it against better teams than Louisville.

I'm not dogging Jones. It is just a concern that can be corrected on his part. And being in the right spot has nothing to do with height.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:I was impressed with Louisville's defence. But not so impresed with the offence, or the play calling. Steve Kragthorpe sucks, and Hunter "Cant do nothing well".lol. I cant even believe that i am saying this. Im probly the biggest Louisville on here.

Jeff Brome's play callin is what sucked, congrats to UK on the win. Louisville may win three games , maybe.UK has a great d-line can't say much about anything else.
My observations from the game:

1) RIGHT NOW the offense doesn't need to be changed drastically, they didn't make a lot of mistakes and should get better with experience.

2) I knew Kentucky's defense was going to be good but wow, who knew they would dominate like this. I know U of L's offense isn't that great this year but it's been a long time since we've seen a UK defense play that well against anybody.

3) I think that this game may have turned the tide in this series for the next few years at least. It looks like these two programs may be headed in opposite directions.
a lot of people may not realize this, but this could have been UK's ticket to a bowl game. I dont look for UK to win but 2 games in the SEC (not because they are a bad team, but because the SEC is easily the sickest conference in college football, and this season may be the most loaded EVER), and this game was CRITICAL for a bowl appearance. UK looked absolutely amazing on defense, and their scheme confused Louisville it seemed like every play. UK looked flat on offense, but when your defense pitches a shutout against your biggest rival, things are looking up. I loved it, and congrats Cats!!
**** Yeah, about time we beat some ville ***!

I agree with the other post that UK should put Randall Cobb at QB...or atleast use a 2 qb system. Hartline can't throw the long ball or run. I think we could have something like Tech had last year with Tyrod Tayler and Glennon before they had to go and screw there season up by redshirting Taylor and starting Glennon, dumb move.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:a lot of people may not realize this, but this could have been UK's ticket to a bowl game. I dont look for UK to win but 2 games in the SEC (not because they are a bad team, but because the SEC is easily the sickest conference in college football, and this season may be the most loaded EVER), and this game was CRITICAL for a bowl appearance. UK looked absolutely amazing on defense, and their scheme confused Louisville it seemed like every play. UK looked flat on offense, but when your defense pitches a shutout against your biggest rival, things are looking up. I loved it, and congrats Cats!!

I actually think that UK will upset your Crimson Tide...it's just a feeling. I really don't think they're as good as everyone thinks.
ballcrazy Wrote:Jeff Brome's play callin is what sucked, congrats to UK on the win. Louisville may win three games , maybe.UK has a great d-line can't say much about anything else.

Its spelled Brohm...But any the guy thats on the sideline sucks (Kragthorpe). I cant wait untill they run him out of town..
I must emphatically, but respectfully disagree with youSmile ...Im thinking 27-7 Tide..
vundy33 Wrote:I actually think that UK will upset your Crimson Tide...it's just a feeling. I really don't think they're as good as everyone thinks.
I think some of you guys are being a little to tough on Hartline. The game plan was don't make any mistakes or turn the ball over. Play a field position game and rely on the defense. That is exactly what he did. I thought he looked pretty poised and under control for his first college start.
Here's how I grade Hartline's performance. He didn't throw an interception, and he didn't fumble. He didn't force any throws and he took what the defense gave him. The safety really wasn't his fault. It happened so quickly that either way it was going to be a safety. I give him an A just simply because he didn't hurt the team in any way and he did exactly what he was asked to do.
I'm not sue how to judge this game, I mean our D looked outstanding but the O would have looked much better if we had some descent receivers. Hartline made plenty of mistakes but he also made some good passes that would have potentially resulted in a score. But its hard to say what kind of team UK has this season untill you see how good this louisville team is against other quality teams. Good win however.

BTW the Pryor TD was one of my favorites of all time if not the greatest. Didn't really mean a whole lot but it was great to watch.
Batpuff Wrote:Offense needs some work I say put Cobb at QB
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
I completely agree!
Hartline has to be somewhat athletic, his brother is one of the better WR's in the nation.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:I hope you are kidding.
I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.
It was his first start and he needed to do what was necessary to get into the groove of the game.
They won by 25 without allowing a touchdown against our in-state rivals.
It really doesn't get much better than that.
GO CATS!
Yea your right, Hartline was the one who won us the game. Smile Watch the game again, Defense won us the game.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea your right, Hartline was the one who won us the game. Smile Watch the game again, Defense won us the game.
Im pretty sure in his statement not once did he say Hartline was the reason UK won the game. He said that he did what he needed to so that they would win and that was is so maybe next time read a little bit or comprehend it or something.

Surely you don't really believe that, do you? I mean, being a UK fan and all, you had to have seen all the deep balls that Woodson threw to Burton and Johnson last year, right? If anything, the deep throw was one of his strengths. If Woodson had faults, it was a tendency to force throws into too-tight coverage, and an aversion to throwing the ball away rather than taking the sack.

One thing, though. Your post sure did generate plenty of responses, didn't it? And maybe that was the point all along...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]