Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated and Overrated
Hail Mary Wrote:How are they over-rated now? Runner-up last year, rated where they should be at this time.

You think that they should be rated #1?

I'm sure Belfry fans will actually agree with me here. Louisville Central should be #1 in all 3A polls. They have played the tougher schedule, they've knocked off traditional 6A power Male, and they won state last season over Belfry.
Hail Mary Wrote:How are they over-rated now? Runner-up last year, rated where they should be at this time.

until they beat a good team they will be over-rated and if they dont win state they will be over rated

until they beat a good team they will be over-rated and if they dont win state they will be over rated :popcorn:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You think that they should be rated #1?

I'm sure Belfry fans will actually agree with me here. Louisville Central should be #1 in all 3A polls. They have played the tougher schedule, they've knocked off traditional 6A power Male, and they won state last season over Belfry.

I agree. If you look at my earlier posts, i say the exact same thing.
schs_06 Wrote:until they beat a good team they will be over-rated and if they dont win state they will be over rated :popcorn:

Well, Belfry is slightly overrated but so is SC

They both have not been tested this year and until they are, we won't know anything

Belfry has earned the right to be up there every year cause look at there past performances.

I agree though, If they would be in different regions it would be a whole different story on the stats.

But I have the up most respect for Belfry. They are who I cheer for if SC loses
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Well, Belfry is slightly overrated but so is SC

They both have not been tested this year and until they are, we won't know anything

Belfry has earned the right to be up there every year cause look at there past performances.

I agree though, If they would be in different regions it would be a whole different story on the stats.

But I have the up most respect for Belfry. They are who I cheer for if SC loses

Nice post man. I think really until SC plays Bell and Belfry, and Belfry plays SC and Johnson Central, it is really hard to tell how good either one can be.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice post man. I think really until SC plays Bell and Belfry, and Belfry plays SC and Johnson Central, it is really hard to tell how good either one can be.

That will be the test, SC and JC! For belfry. But in all honesty,EVERYONE KNOWS WHO LOST the state championship last year "In the Belfry-Central game" The COACHING<< NOT THE BOYS!!! The Coach through that game, and all the fans i have spoken with saw it!!!!!!!! Thanks
man i thought it was just the jc boys on me earlier to day, now its sc on you guys,thats funny, like i said earlier to day jc never beat belfry when its counts and sc has one time,so case closed,unless for the next 15yrs either team beats belfry like belfry beat them...
madmann1 Wrote:That will be the test, SC and JC! For belfry. But in all honesty,EVERYONE KNOWS WHO LOST the state championship last year "In the Belfry-Central game" The COACHING<< NOT THE BOYS!!! The Coach through that game, and all the fans i have spoken with saw it!!!!!!!! Thanks

That was an intelligent post.Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
madmann1 Wrote:That will be the test, SC and JC! For belfry. But in all honesty,EVERYONE KNOWS WHO LOST the state championship last year "In the Belfry-Central game" The COACHING<< NOT THE BOYS!!! The Coach through that game, and all the fans i have spoken with saw it!!!!!!!! Thanks

IMO, If you can't come up with something better than this then save the energy that it took your fingers to type it cause it made no sense and it had nothing to do with what everyone was talking about. Not being mean, but let's all try to post with some semblance of rational thought or opinion.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep I guess so, and i can't wait. I enjoy the going back and forth with ya. For you and your JC friends keep this in mind. 41-3. That is the all-time record of Belfry versus Sheldon Clark and JC combined. The sad part is that the Cards have the 3 victories. So unless you are Prestonsburg, 20 victories, or Pikeville, 18 victories, or Russell, 11 victories, I would not worry about Belfry being overrated until i change the balance of the W-L column a little in my team's favor. (BTW, these numbers are out of the 2008 Belfry season program and are known to be pretty accurate. I apologize if they are not correct).

Easy on the JC thing. I will agree that in the past JC could not compete with a lot of the good teams, but there is a new dawn. No we can't talk about are past and hold are head high, but we can talk about the feature and be real proud.
throw deep Wrote:That was an intelligent post.Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Look you have got to have more scenes than that. If you can win 7 or 8 games and get in the playoffs that's a good year. Heck they made it to state man give them there props.

Sorry quoted the wrong post but you all know who I am speaking to.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Easy on the JC thing. I will agree that in the past JC could not compete with a lot of the good teams, but there is a new dawn. No we can't talk about are past and hold are head high, but we can talk about the feature and be real proud.
No matter your past, that was an excellent thing to say. JCHS has really gotten many supporters over the last few years. They are a team to reckon with. Johnson has really gained the respect of the 5A class. Good luck to you all.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Easy on the JC thing. I will agree that in the past JC could not compete with a lot of the good teams, but there is a new dawn. No we can't talk about are past and hold are head high, but we can talk about the feature and be real proud.

Oh it really wasn't about JC...I just had to throw them in there for reference for my SC friends...JC is definitely a force, maybe the force, nowadays. This definitely may be the year they top Belfry, but i think their sights are set even a little higher than that.
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh it really wasn't about JC...I just had to throw them in there for reference for my SC friends...JC is definitely a force, maybe the force, nowadays. This definitely may be the year they top Belfry, but i think their sights are set even a little higher than that.

Thanks and I agree! I hope both teams and all teams represent the mountains well.
Pike Central is underrated
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Pike Central is underrated

I will tell you if they are after they beat an usually tough Tolsia team
TheyKnowMe Wrote:I will tell you if they are after they beat a usually tough Tolsia team

Ok ill show ya
Who all has Pike Central beat?
For arguement sake, the KHSAA scoreboard goes back to the 98 season (10 years)
Here are the results of Belfry/SC in that span:

Belfry 42-22
SC 16-15 (OT)

Belfry 21-0

Belfry 47-8

Belfry 38-12
Belfry 47-7

SC 35-29 (OT)

Belfry 34-7
Belfry 42-6

7-2 the past 10 years (and I can already tell you that the 5 or 6 years prior to 1998 were also dominated by Belfry)

Both of SC"s victories came in Overtime on controversial goalline judgmenets by the officials, Moe Spradlin's "crawling" 2 point conversion, and May being ruled down at the goalline when the surge appeared to carry him into the endzone.

Average score during this span: 35-13

Belfry has ended SC's season by defeating them early in the playoffs only twice during this span, yet the Pirates have advanced further than the Cardinals every year except for 1998. (So would different regions really matter all that much?)
Powell is definitely one of the more underrated teams in the mountains.
Belfry is overrated
SC is underrated
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For arguement sake, the KHSAA scoreboard goes back to the 98 season (10 years)
Here are the results of Belfry/SC in that span:

Belfry 42-22
SC 16-15 (OT)

Belfry 21-0

Belfry 47-8

Belfry 38-12
Belfry 47-7

SC 35-29 (OT)

Belfry 34-7
Belfry 42-6

7-2 the past 10 years (and I can already tell you that the 5 or 6 years prior to 1998 were also dominated by Belfry)

Both of SC"s victories came in Overtime on controversial goalline judgmenets by the officials, Moe Spradlin's "crawling" 2 point conversion, and May being ruled down at the goalline when the surge appeared to carry him into the endzone.

Average score during this span: 35-13

Belfry has ended SC's season by defeating them early in the playoffs only twice during this span, yet the Pirates have advanced further than the Cardinals every year except for 1998. (So would different regions really matter all that much?)
Is this thread who's better Belfry or SC or overrated and underrated?
Hail Mary Wrote:Is this thread who's better Belfry or SC or overrated and underrated?

all i said was i think belfry is over rated until they win state. this year. and there getting mad because im telling my opinon:moon:
Hail Mary Wrote:Is this thread who's better Belfry or SC or overrated and underrated?

The arguement was brought up earlier about SC playing Belfry close all the time, this illustrates that is false, Belfry has dominated the series.

Secondly, when SC was accused of being overrated their defense ws the fact that they would have better results if they had to play in any different region, this illustrates that in 10 years Belfry has only met SC in the playoffs 3 times.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The arguement was brought up earlier about SC playing Belfry close all the time, this illustrates that is false, Belfry has dominated the series.

Secondly, when SC was accused of being overrated their defense ws the fact that they would have better results if they had to play in any different region, this illustrates that in 10 years Belfry has only met SC in the playoffs 3 times.

Belfry and SC have met 2 out of the last 3 years. Have they only met 1 other time?
schs_06 Wrote:all i said was i think belfry is over rated until they win state. this year. and there getting mad because im telling my opinon:moon:

Well if Belfry is overrated because they are ranked #1 and the only way to justify it is winning a state title, then it is fair to say you feel that Beechwood, Fort Campbell, Bell County, Highlands, and Trinity are all overrated right now as well?

I also didn't realize that the AP Poll is the end all-be all of deciding how good a team is. You do realize that EVERY other poll has Louisville Central as #1, and every Belfry fan would tell you that Central is the best team in 3A right now?

Every year, the same story. SC fans say Belfry is "overrated" or "not as good as last year", that SC "is improved and better than last year", "has a better line than Belfry". Belfry plays SC and dominates them, SC fans say "Belfry is for real" "Noone will beat them". Playoffs start and with the chance SC may play Belfry the SC fans then declare "SC will beat Belfry ths time", "They had players injured the first game and made too man mistakes". Belfry beats SC or SC loses to a team they should beat suddenly it's "Belfry will win state". Same song and dance every single year.
Hail Mary Wrote:Belfry and SC have met 2 out of the last 3 years. Have they only met 1 other time?

1998 is the only other time in the past ten years they have met in the playoffs.
C. Clair Wrote:I feel that Breathitt is a little underrated this year. Everyone is knocking on our new qb and doesn't feel that he will be able to take us back to Louisville. I feel that he is better than his brother Justin.

IF he can pass better then he can be better then his brother. The 2 games i watch, he can't go down field. He is faster then both of his brother, but both of his brother get something he don't right now. One get 2 state titles the other one get one.
Overated-Letcher Central, Prestonsburg, and Harlan Co.

Underrated-Raceland, Ashland, and South Laurel